Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could have stated your course :wink:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
How big are the desks roughly in the en suite halls? Are they big enough to hold a 32" tv, an iMac and work space?
Reply 3
the desks are pretty sizeable there about 2.5m long and i have my laptop xbox(sideways) and a 22 inch tv on them and i can make room for a book for writing :smile:
Reply 4
To join a sports society do you have to be very good at the sport or can casual/beginners join?
Reply 5
do you know if there are unlimited places for sports week, and if you do sports week do you get to move into halls for sports week?
Reply 6
i believe for sports you do not need any experience in that sport since alot of the sports there people have next to no experience in them, all levels are welcome :smile:

and for sports week i believe there is a limited amount of places, not too sure about that , but you do move in a week or so before everyone else to do the sports so you have an extra week to settle in!
How difficult is it to make friends and get plugged into things? What are some things you'd suggest to do so?

Are there many American's at Aber?

Also, how hard is it to find a job? I've worked at a Starbucks here in the States for four years as a Barista, and Shift Supervisor. Are there many Cafes in Aber I could apply to? Any advice would be welcome! :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 8
I was wondering do many students take netbooks or laptops to lectures or not. I am going to study computer science btw and already have a desktop. Is it worth buying a netbook?
Reply 9
it is sooo easy to make friends in aber, people are so friendly and there is many societies for people to join with common interests. it seems like in your halls someone will at least know someone you know so most people can get only easy with having a friend in common or meeting people in the union

there are a few americans in aber maybe one in about 6 flats maybe?

problem with jobs in aber is that theres so many students looking for jobs and all have good skills, there is a few cafes here which you can apply for, there is a helpdesk just for getting help with finding a job in the union and ive heard loads of people getting jobs around aber, also they like it if u stay over the holidays if possible

but then laptops are useful hanging in a flatmates room or in the kitchen making food or something

for the laptop/netbook question

it isnt uncommon to walk into a lecture hall and see a few laptops and stuff in there, many of my friends always take there laptop to lectures even if they dont use it. not sure if its worth buying a netbook just for that when you can write most of the stuff down and if you miss some all the lectures are put up onto blackboard for you to relook at after the lectures finished.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Why are Aber so bad at sports?

Why are Aber students inbred?

Why is Aber's uni memes page so poor? Is it because Aber students have poor banter?

:smug:
Reply 11
aber is so bad at sports prob because they dont tell the crap people to go away so everyone can have fun

and if you went to aber and lived in aber you would see that most of the memes there are really good just you wouldnt get them

is a bangor student a little jealous haha ;D
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
i'll ask the question i really want to know, how on earth do you manage to get your shopping up that huge hill?!
Reply 13
depends what hill your talking about! either the big hill going from town to campus or the very very steep hill on the way to morrisons, well im on campus and take 15 min walk over to morrisons, get alot of shopping, call a taxi back, taxi are soo cheap its not worth the effort in walking, go with 1 or 2 other people and your paying 1-1.50 for the taxi, very cheap
Reply 14
I'm a Londoner, so I just wanted to know:

1 - What's the nightlife like?

2 - Which clubs/societies are best to join? (from experience, if you joined any)

3 - What are the Cwrt Mawr/Trefloyne halls like?

Thank you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by scottie b
hello everyone i am a first year at aber and wondered if anyone has any questions they want answering?
ask away! :smile:

What's that sticky stuff that comes under my foreskin?

Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by scottie b
depends what hill your talking about! either the big hill going from town to campus or the very very steep hill on the way to morrisons, well im on campus and take 15 min walk over to morrisons, get alot of shopping, call a taxi back, taxi are soo cheap its not worth the effort in walking, go with 1 or 2 other people and your paying 1-1.50 for the taxi, very cheap

Ah smashing idea lol.

What halls are you in?
Thanks, man! Another question for you.

What's the work load like? I'm applying for the History/Welsh History course. If your course isn't similar, did you know anyone within the History Dept and how much work they had?
Reply 18
Original post by NishaaaR
I'm a Londoner, so I just wanted to know:

1 - What's the nightlife like?

2 - Which clubs/societies are best to join? (from experience, if you joined any)

3 - What are the Cwrt Mawr/Trefloyne halls like?

Thank you :smile:

nightlike is OK its not the best place in the uk but the union is pretty good and really cheap and there is a few places in town as well but it mostly comes down to the people your with

i have not joined any because im a lazy ****, but it totally depends on what your into, like games or sport or your subject

i am in cwrt mawr halls and they are nice my block is one of the smaller blocks and are kitchen isnt the best but there is room for everyone same with trefloyne, dont be fooled by any of the pictures with sofas in as only a few blocks have sofas compared to how many blocks there is :smile: but 2 tables and chairs is enough, and how messy our kitchen gets the sofas would be horrible
Reply 19
Original post by lizititley
Ah smashing idea lol.

What halls are you in?

i am in cwrt mawr halls, theres about 13 cwrt mawr blocks i am in one of the smaller ones with 6 flats

Latest