The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Fine Art

Hi! I have applied for Fine Art at Aber, looks amazing and been to an open day. Only thing that worries me is there doesn’t seem to be anywhere for year one students to base themselves or do art in free time, nor is the art building open in the evening or weekends? Anyone know if this is an issue?
Original post by amelia1234567891
Hi! I have applied for Fine Art at Aber, looks amazing and been to an open day. Only thing that worries me is there doesn’t seem to be anywhere for year one students to base themselves or do art in free time, nor is the art building open in the evening or weekends? Anyone know if this is an issue?

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you've applied to Aberystwyth! It really is an amazing University, and the School of Art is a brilliant Department to be a part of.
I'm not sure of the answer to your question so I'll find out for you asap :smile:

Anna
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Original post by Aberystwyth University
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you've applied to Aberystwyth! It really is an amazing University, and the School of Art is a brilliant Department to be a part of.
I'm not sure of the answer to your question so I'll find out for you asap :smile:

Anna

Hi!

I reached out to the School of Art for a reply for you:
Studio space is available to second and third year students, and the university is exploring space options.
Our current students do not seem to have an issue with the current set up and produce excellent work in the space available to them.

Hopefully this answers your question! Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna
Reply 3

Hiya! I'll be doing a joint course of Fine Art and English Literature starting this year too! so I had similar questions! I'm pretty sure you can do Art in your rooms, but there's also y sgubor which is the student cafe, at least in fferm penglais, there's most likely more on other accommodation sites, but y sgubor has a large seating area, and it has a Starbucks which opens at 2pm. I'm also pretty sure you can work on Art outside of lessons, so in your free time maybe we can still use the school of art? Hope any of that helps, also feel free to message me and we could start a gc on Instagram? Maybe find some of the other Fine Art students too! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest