The Student Room Group

Nintendo 3DS Society - Discussion and Friend Code Exchange

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tk1993
November the 8th in Japan! :biggrin:
Really looking forward to Animal Crossing - I can see myself investing way too many hours into it, just like I have with the previous ones :tongue:

I had a 3DS for a few months last October but had to sell it for financial reasons :frown:
It's almost my Birthday though, and I think I may ask for one. I'm trying to decide between the regular 3DS and the XL, hearing mixed opinions of the XL :colonhash:

Id suggest going into HMV or Game and trying out the XL for yourself, that's what I did, I couldn't decide whether to upgrade or not but physically trying one out made up my mind to get one :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 181
Original post by Bubble87
Id suggest going into HMV or Game and trying out the XL for yourself, that's what I did, I couldn't decide whether to upgrade or not but physically trying one out made up my mind to get one :smile:

Thanks, that's a good idea! :smile:
So what do you like about the XL? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 182
Original post by tk1993
November the 8th in Japan! :biggrin:
Really looking forward to Animal Crossing - I can see myself investing way too many hours into it, just like I have with the previous ones :tongue:

I had a 3DS for a few months last October but had to sell it for financial reasons :frown:
It's almost my Birthday though, and I think I may ask for one. I'm trying to decide between the regular 3DS and the XL, hearing mixed opinions of the XL :colonhash:

The normal 3DS makes my hands hurt. The XL doesn't. That's enough for me.

The screen is fine. Yes the pixels are a bit big, oh well. You soon get used to it. The speakers are a little quiet, I use headphones anyway!

I had a DS Lite, and a DSi XL. When I upgraded to the 3DS; I sorely missed the XL. So when the 3DS XL came out... I had to have one.
Reply 183
Hi! My friend code is 1160-9706-9037!
Reply 184
Original post by python05
The normal 3DS makes my hands hurt. The XL doesn't. That's enough for me.

The screen is fine. Yes the pixels are a bit big, oh well. You soon get used to it. The speakers are a little quiet, I use headphones anyway!

I had a DS Lite, and a DSi XL. When I upgraded to the 3DS; I sorely missed the XL. So when the 3DS XL came out... I had to have one.

Oh thanks! :smile:
Reply 185
All gone a bit quiet :biggrin:

Anyone up for MK7 today in the evening?

Original post by Bizzya

I've added you, my FC is 2492-5370-5927
I'd like a 3DS XL, but I'm not exactly a dab hand at completing games. I'm thinking of getting one (when I can afford it :colondollar: ) with just Zelda 3D, completing it and then buying something else.

I've never played Ocarina of Time :colondollar: I was always a PC boy and then got my PS2 at age 11!
Reply 187
Original post by Bizzya

Added. Mine is 1032 2492 4286

This was sent from TSR's iPhone app, as I couldn't be arsed to turn on the laptop.
Reply 188
Original post by rockrunride
I'd like a 3DS XL, but I'm not exactly a dab hand at completing games. I'm thinking of getting one (when I can afford it :colondollar: ) with just Zelda 3D, completing it and then buying something else.

I've never played Ocarina of Time :colondollar: I was always a PC boy and then got my PS2 at age 11!

What's your friend code?

This was sent from TSR's iPhone app, as I couldn't be arsed to turn on the laptop.
Original post by Lazaroo
What's your friend code?

Haven't got a 3DS :colondollar:

I'm not either! My house is littered with half finished games lol. I start playing, then buy another one I want and start playing that without finishing the other first, I'm terrible.

Reply 191
Haven't got a 3DS :colondollar:

Well come back and find us on here if/when you get one :smile:

Original post by Lazaroo
Well come back and find us on here if/when you get one :smile:

Will do, it's a when not an if :awesome:
I'm thinking of getting one (when I can afford it :colondollar: ) with just Zelda 3D, completing it and then buying something else.

Same, I only get a new game when I finish the old one so I don't get through too much money! I also find I enjoy games more that way :smile:
Reply 194

I've never player OoT either :colondollar: Ah, I remember when I got my PS2, the Christmas it came out :biggrin: It was awesome.

Original post by kittyb99
Same, I only get a new game when I finish the old one so I don't get through too much money! I also find I enjoy games more that way :smile:

That's a great way of doing it :smile: I may start doing that, but there's lots of games I want :tongue: I might not be able to wait :biggrin:
Original post by tk1993
That's a great way of doing it :smile: I may start doing that, but there's lots of games I want :tongue: I might not be able to wait :biggrin:

Ahhh, but by the time you finish them one by one, they will all be waayy cheaper to buy and you would be able to get some even better deals on pre-owned ones! :smile:
Reply 198
Ahhh, but by the time you finish them one by one, they will all be waayy cheaper to buy and you would be able to get some even better deals on pre-owned ones! :smile:

Do you keep the games once you complete them? Because I think it's good when you come back to a game knowing you have stuff to do, but if you just play them one by one you might not have an incentive to play it ever again :smile:
Reply 199
Me too! Though cannot justify the cost :tongue:

Give it a few months and it'll be half that!

Quick Reply

Latest