The Student Room Group

Nintendo 3DS Society - Discussion and Friend Code Exchange

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
Thank you very much! :biggrin:

it's ok :smile: I can get pretty much all the hidden ability starters. I'm just searching for bulbasaur and fennekin atm and then I have them all with HA :biggrin:
Original post by JordanS94
it's ok :smile: I can get pretty much all the hidden ability starters. I'm just searching for bulbasaur and fennekin atm and then I have them all with HA :biggrin:

Ah okay cool, well good luck with finding them :smile:
My friend code is 3110-5195-6046 :h:
Reply 983
Friend Code: 5455 - 9670 - 0806

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Since you guys all (or mostly all of you) have 3DS', I was wondering whether the 3D effect hurts your eyes? I was having a (rather short lived) discussion with my mum about the health issue with it, because I am hoping to get one with my own money, but quite rightly I guess, my mum is worried about whether it's going to hurt my eyes and give me even more headaches. Would you recommend a 3DS?
Original post by CreatorGal14
Hi! Since you guys all (or mostly all of you) have 3DS', I was wondering whether the 3D effect hurts your eyes? I was having a (rather short lived) discussion with my mum about the health issue with it, because I am hoping to get one with my own money, but quite rightly I guess, my mum is worried about whether it's going to hurt my eyes and give me even more headaches. Would you recommend a 3DS?

it doesn't hurt mine and from what friends say it hurts theirs depending on the game. Like Pokemon X and Y are not bad because they are not always in 3D so you always get a break.

I never have the 3D turned on on mine. It annoys me that if you even move the DS a millimetre while you're playing it nothing lines up and it looks weird :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 3D doesn't bother me at all but if it did I would just turn the 3D effect off (there's a slider you can adjust to choose the strength of the 3D effect). I often play Pokemon X for an hour or so and the 3D never bothers me on this game because not everything is in 3D (only Pokemon battles and certain scenes). Yes, I would definitely recommend that you get a 3DS!
Thank you for the responses! I think I will be getting one at some point :colone: I love my Pokemon too much to just let go! And of course Mario...
So Nintendo have removed the Spotpass feature on Letterbox then because of minors sending/receiving offensive material. That's a shame, it was fun sending letters and collecting stationary! Parents need to learn to actually use the parental controls available so actions like this don't have to be taken :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 990
Can someone answer this... please!

is there a way of transferring save data from the cartridge to the 3ds itself? Only i've completed OoT twice, collecting EVERYTHING in on save file and I don't want to lose my data, but I could really do with the £20 from selling it.

So is there a way?
Original post by Jjj90
Can someone answer this... please!

is there a way of transferring save data from the cartridge to the 3ds itself? Only i've completed OoT twice, collecting EVERYTHING in on save file and I don't want to lose my data, but I could really do with the £20 from selling it.

So is there a way?

Nah, you can't do that I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone want to add me? :h:
Reply 993
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Nah, you can't do that I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw damn.
Reply 994
Original post by Bubble87
So Nintendo have removed the Spotpass feature on Letterbox then because of minors sending/receiving offensive material. That's a shame, it was fun sending letters and collecting stationary! Parents need to learn to actually use the parental controls available so actions like this don't have to be taken :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just realised that Spotpass on Letterbox has ended. Really annoying, almost no point of Letterbox now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luhar
Just realised that Spotpass on Letterbox has ended. Really annoying, almost no point of Letterbox now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I know, I mean I didn't use it all that much but I'm sure they could have a better way to handle this. I don't send out letters via street pass so yea there's reason for me to use it now. Wonder if Nintendo are still able to send us letters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:wavey: I'm going to need to start following this thread :beard: My 3DS XL should be here on Friday, along with A Link Between Worlds :biggrin:

I've got Super Mario 3D Land in preparation and have my eyes on picking up a few others to add to that as and when I find a good price, in particular from among the following:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Pokemon Y
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

...though probably not all of them, for cost reasons :tongue: Anything else that I should have on my radar? :holmes:
Who still plays animal crossing? I'm bored... what are you dream codes?

:smile:
Original post by Illusionary
:wavey: I'm going to need to start following this thread :beard: My 3DS XL should be here on Friday, along with A Link Between Worlds :biggrin:

I've got Super Mario 3D Land in preparation and have my eyes on picking up a few others to add to that as and when I find a good price, in particular from among the following:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Pokemon Y
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

...though probably not all of them, for cost reasons :tongue: Anything else that I should have on my radar? :holmes:

Animal Crossing is a good'un also :yep:
Original post by shadowdweller
Animal Crossing is a good'un also :yep:

Cheers :yy: I'm not sure that I'm looking for quite such a time-sink, but I'll keep an eye out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest