The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University 2012! Hi there!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Rebecca S
Hi, I'm starting Medical Sciences and Humanities. I'm from Germany and don't know anyone :frown:. Sooooooo I just got my accommodation: student village, block 143. Anyone living near?

I'm Welsh but I'm currently living in Germany! :biggrin:
Where about in Germany do you live? :smile:
Not going for your subject and I have no idea about accomodation :/ (Roll on results day!)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 81
Today received my accomodation offer!!!YEY!!!!! Singleton Campus - Penmaen,room 0431!!!!
Reply 82
Original post by WelshStarKid
I'm Welsh but I'm currently living in Germany! :biggrin:
Where about in Germany do you live? :smile:
Not going for your subject and I have no idea about accomodation :/ (Roll on results day!)

I from northern Hesse (quite in the middle, about 100miles north of Frankfurt). Where do you live? I hope we see each other...:smile:
Reply 83
i am studying law in the same building as business and i will be staying in penmaen if anyone else is there feel free to chat?
Reply 84
Original post by Di_mi_tris
Today received my accomodation offer!!!YEY!!!!! Singleton Campus - Penmaen,room 0431!!!!

I am in Penmaen room 0201
Reply 85
oooo ive got most of my uni stuff now im so exited :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by Jess_22
i am studying law in the same building as business and i will be staying in penmaen if anyone else is there feel free to chat?

I'm studying economics so I'll be around there a lot :smile: I don't know where I've got for accommodation but my first choice was on-suite halls on campus, I don't know the names of them :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 87
Original post by Jess_22

And you're studying Law??? AWESOME!!! (The 0201 i guess,must be on 2nd floor!!)
Reply 88
Hi... I applied for accomodation on the 26th of june... and put down student village as my first choice... I still have not received a reply... I have not been checking my accomodation account regularly because I thought they sent you an email... I have not received an email yet... do they send emails when an accomodation offer is made... Im confused?
Reply 89
Original post by Jess_22

Hi... I applied for accomodation on the 26th of june... and put down student village as my first choice... I still have not received a reply... I have not been checking my accomodation account regularly because I thought they sent you an email... I have not received an email yet... do they send emails when an accomodation offer is made... Im confused?
Reply 90
Original post by royal91

i think they send it when you get a confermed place - but ive applied there too! :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by chill543
i think they send it when you get a confermed place - but ive applied there too! :smile:

I would love to live on campus... but its too expensive soo decided to apply for the student village as its the cheapest... Have you not heard back yet either
what you planning on studying there...
Reply 92
Original post by royal91
I would love to live on campus... but its too expensive soo decided to apply for the student village as its the cheapest... Have you not heard back yet either
what you planning on studying there...

no i havent but only chacked last week, though

and im going to study chemical engineering, not heard of anybody doing anything in any engineering yet though :biggrin:

what are you studying?
Reply 93
no i havent but only chacked last week, though

and im going to study chemical engineering, not heard of anybody doing anything in any engineering yet though :biggrin:

what are you studying?

ahh... everyone else has heard back from their accomodation except me
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by royal91
ahh... everyone else has heard back from their accomodation except me

ill recheck mine in a sec and let you know...

no i think you have to wait untill a comfirmed place, mine just pretty much says

Your application was processed on 18/04/2012
:/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95

no i think you have to wait untill a comfirmed place, mine just pretty much says

It was the same with me: I applied, got that application processed message and shortly after I have sent my exam results and the offer turned unconditional firm I got the email informing me about my room in the village and that I had to pay 200 Pound in advance in order to confirm it.:wink:
Reply 96
I from northern Hesse (quite in the middle, about 100miles north of Frankfurt). Where do you live? I hope we see each other...:smile:

I'm living in Monchengladbach :smile: I think it is a bit more west and it's near Dusseldorf if that helps xD

I hope we see eachother too! So I forget sorry, were you conditional or unconditional with your offer? x
Reply 97
I am unconditional - we get our Abitur results already in July.
I know Mönchengladbach. I got relatives in Krefeld and my sister studies in Bochum. What do you study?
Reply 98
I am unconditional - we get our Abitur results already in July.
I know Mönchengladbach. I got relatives in Krefeld and my sister studies in Bochum. What do you study?

I know Bochum and I've just google mapped Krefeld :P
I'm currently doing A levels (History, English Lit & Biology) so i don't get my results until the 16th D: Oh well, fingers crossed until then

At Swansea I'm hoping to get in on the History and Ancient History course :smile:
Reply 99

it says the same with me... i guess we'll have to wait till our results:O

Also I tried signing into my account just now and it says... "This page should not be called directly"... I have been trying to sign in for the last hour... and it just does not log me in... first I forgot my passwork and changed it... then it said please wait 5 minutes and then log in because you have exceeded the login attempts... and now it says the page should not be called directly... What shall I do???????? would they send an email if I have an accomodation offer... :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest