The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

This has made me feel so much better: I need 63/90 right... so here's my predictions on each question according to my ability:

21-12
21-12
15-13
33-26 = 63 :biggrin:
Reply 1181
Anyone here doing Stratification? any predictions? :smile:
Original post by lauraemily22

Okay thanks but what own research could we refer to ? It says that's how you get top marks and I really need to aim there

Well we don't have any of our own research, unless you've done some sort of investigation within your school or something. And you don't need it to get the top marks - it's like an alternative to giving actual sociological sources. As long as your essays are fine and you have sources in there, you can get the top marks.
Original post by fxyz
60 out of 90 is an A*! 120 UMS is only 66/90! Thats made me happy!

full UMS is only 66/90! Seriously? Wow. Where did you find that out? :smile:
Original post by Unientry2012
This has made me feel so much better: I need 63/90 right... so here's my predictions on each question according to my ability:

21-12
21-12
15-13
33-26 = 63 :biggrin:

How'd you work that out thought exam was out of 120 :redface:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by porcalin123
How'd you work that out thought exam was out of 120 :redface:

the exam is out of 90 marks, but 120 UMS marks
Original post by Mariya786
the exam is out of 90 marks, but 120 UMS marks

So how do I work out how many i need?:smile:

Original post by porcalin123
So how do I work out how many i need?:smile:

use this; http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php convert your marks
what do you think the chances of new left realism coming up as a 33 marker?
Reply 1189
Original post by alexsasg
full UMS is only 66/90! Seriously? Wow. Where did you find that out? :smile:

AQA UMS calculator :smile: Also we had a visit from Rob Webs the guy who wrote the socio spec and he explained to us how the grades work and stuff :smile: Only 6 marks between each grade I believe so messing up say a 15 marker could cost you 3 grades!
Reply 1190
this exam is going to be the death of me i swear agh
Reply 1191
Have subculture theories like new right, left realist and functional subcultures ever come up? I've just realise the topics quite broad so you could actually make a question out of it.

new right and functionalist theories of society (for the theory methods part) came up this January
hayfever will be the death of me T_T god! I'm going to tape a tissue to my nose tomorrow to save time placing the pen down LOOL sigh
Is anyone using the Haralambos and Holborn Themes and Perspectives book (blue with pebbles!) If so, what parts of the book are you using?...i'm so lost!!
Reply 1194
Sorry to be a beg
But I'm just running through the posts and this made me LOOOOOOOOL

haha! and u lol'd becoz u understand wat im sayin!! :biggrin: u love chicken aswelll! and u think its holy! WE ARE SOULMATES! =) lol if i pass the exam il send u nandos! but that is highly unlikely since iv not read ANYTHING and cba to read as im hungry
Reply 1195
i havent read anything. not even one sentence. anyone know wat topics might come up? i cant read everything so im jus gona pick a few topics that havent come up in the past 4papers! pray4me :frown:. if i do well il send u chicken! and not just ANY chicken! nandos!
i know everyone keeps asking but if i got 51+86+66 so total 206 what do i need for a B? A is impossible i think
Reply 1197
Original post by Mariya786
use this; http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php convert your marks

I looked at my AS result sheet, and the raw marks and UMS mark section is blank for sociology :confused: In the points section it says

SCLY1 - 178
SCLY2 - 263

How do I work out what grade I'm on, or how much I need ?:confused:
Original post by tfdes
I looked at my AS result sheet, and the raw marks and UMS mark section is blank for sociology :confused: In the points section it says

SCLY1 - 178
SCLY2 - 263

How do I work out what grade I'm on, or how much I need ?:confused:

really that's weird ? for me it shows up. make sure to click 'multiple marks' not 'convert one mark'
Original post by emilysadlerx
i know everyone keeps asking but if i got 51+86+66 so total 206 what do i need for a B? A is impossible i think

74 for a B and 114 for an A, so you could get an A overall as unit four is out of 120

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending