The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
i've failed twice now. the first time at the end the examiner was like sorry you've failed you just rush to much, you need to slow it down, yesterday i failed and he examiner was like you're too slow. WTF! how can i win. another 62 quid wasted and a nice 8 week waiting list, brilliant. there goes my summer of freedom :frown:
Failed again today second failure. Everything was going fine until he asked me to do my least favourite manoeuvre ( reversing round a corner). Hit the curb tried to redo it but then ended up going onto it! Just gave up with it the end really hoping it'll be third time lucky !
Forgot to added got a serious for going onto the curb during the manoeuvre then got seven minors for silly things observations, indicators etc. It's a disappointment , but it's not the end of the world just have to stay positive !
Original post by RyJ
Failed today :frown:

2 serious and 7 minor faults. Really annoyed because all of the problems were down to nerves; I never make those mistakes during lessons.
I now need to book at again for the end of next month :angry:

Another £62 going to them, not to mention a few more driving lessons... :unimpressed:

It will all be worth it when you pass your test! I have the same problem as you in the fact that I get really nervous during and before things like this. The thing to do is pretend it's a lesson or you're just going out for a casual drive that puts your mind more at ease. Think of this why you now have more time to work on those nerves and hopefully show the examiner just exactly what you can do ! Keep the faith.
Reply 384
Original post by Jacob Bolton
It will all be worth it when you pass your test! I have the same problem as you in the fact that I get really nervous during and before things like this. The thing to do is pretend it's a lesson or you're just going out for a casual drive that puts your mind more at ease. Think of this why you now have more time to work on those nerves and hopefully show the examiner just exactly what you can do ! Keep the faith.

I've booked my next test, so hopefully next time I won't make the same silly mistakes. Thank you for the encouragement! :biggrin:
Every single one of us who have failed our driving tests will pass sooner or later :smile: that's what I'm sure of :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by RyJ
I've booked my next test, so hopefully next time I won't make the same silly mistakes. Thank you for the encouragement! :biggrin:

You're very welcome ! Few words of encouragement go a very long way :') Think I'm booking my next test when I get back from holiday. Just need to master reversing round a corner and I'll be fine. :biggrin:
Reply 387
Original post by Jacob Bolton
You're very welcome ! Few words of encouragement go a very long way :') Think I'm booking my next test when I get back from holiday. Just need to master reversing round a corner and I'll be fine. :biggrin:

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll pass!! Enjoy your holiday :biggrin:
Reply 388
Good luck guys! I have my test next week and I get terrible nerves aswell,it's so bad it's got to a point I've dreamt about my test 2 nights in a row now :-S that's how much it's worrying me! It will be my 3rd test apparently my friend who has terrible nerves aswell bought something from boots called calms and it really works,calmed her nerves down alot and she passed with it :smile:

Original post by Greenzgal
Good luck guys! I have my test next week and I get terrible nerves aswell,it's so bad it's got to a point I've dreamt about my test 2 nights in a row now :-S that's how much it's worrying me! It will be my 3rd test apparently my friend who has terrible nerves aswell bought something from boots called calms and it really works,calmed her nerves down alot and she passed with it :smile:

Kalms are rubbish, it's a psychological placebo that only calms you down because you think that you'll calm down by taking them.

Listening to Night Fever on a loop calmed me down, somehow, but even then I nearly threw up in the test centre waiting room.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Kalms are rubbish, it's a psychological placebo that only calms you down because you think that you'll calm down by taking them.

Listening to Night Fever on a loop calmed me down, somehow, but even then I nearly threw up in the test centre waiting room.

Is this confirmed? Once I took 3 a day like I was supposed to, on the 5th day, I **** you not, I felt stoned...
Original post by Michaelj
Is this confirmed? Once I took 3 a day like I was supposed to, on the 5th day, I **** you not, I felt stoned...

It probably varies from person to person. I'm not saying they have no effect whatsoever, just that the psychological effect of taking something is a big factor.

I know they don't work for me at all, I had bad insomnia a few years ago and the Pharmacist recommended them, no difference whatsoever.
Reply 392
I wouldn't waste my money anyways it's like a tenner!! And quite frankly that can go toward my next test if I were to fail lol, but literally just try to hold yourself together for 40 mins and all should be well :smile:

Reply 393
Hello I recently failed my driving test yesterday for the second time the first time I failed I got 1 major and very few minors my major was that I hesitated to turn right and was holding up traffic which I understood and accepted. I stopped taking lessons as I couldn't afford it no more but recently started again. My instructor says I'm a great driver but yesterday I failed with 4 majors and 5 minors which was way more than the last the women was stricter but I was more nervous this time my majors was as soon as I came out test centre I had to pull up on the left and as I was coming out I never turned steering wheel quick enough so the examiner put her hands on wheel so I knew I failed I personally think I was fine and safe but I'm not a professional. I knew I failed from that so I don't no of I was annoyed as soon as came out but I also got majors on driving 40 in 60mph and also being in left lane of roundabout to go right and when I was turning right a car flashed for me to but it was the suns reflection on his lights not h actually letting me go so that was a major also. Im so upset I onistly thought id pass this but as its worser than first test I don't no what to do. Any tips or advice on how to be less nervous and what I should do next time ??
Original post by Donna1991
Hello I recently failed my driving test yesterday for the second time the first time I failed I got 1 major and very few minors my major was that I hesitated to turn right and was holding up traffic which I understood and accepted. I stopped taking lessons as I couldn't afford it no more but recently started again. My instructor says I'm a great driver but yesterday I failed with 4 majors and 5 minors which was way more than the last the women was stricter but I was more nervous this time my majors was as soon as I came out test centre I had to pull up on the left and as I was coming out I never turned steering wheel quick enough so the examiner put her hands on wheel so I knew I failed I personally think I was fine and safe but I'm not a professional. I knew I failed from that so I don't no of I was annoyed as soon as came out but I also got majors on driving 40 in 60mph and also being in left lane of roundabout to go right and when I was turning right a car flashed for me to but it was the suns reflection on his lights not h actually letting me go so that was a major also. Im so upset I onistly thought id pass this but as its worser than first test I don't no what to do. Any tips or advice on how to be less nervous and what I should do next time ??

Don't worry too much, I found the same after I failed my test. When I saw the instructor had touched the brake it completely shook me up, so I made another mistake a few minutes later before I got back in the swing of things and drove okay from then on. When you know you've failed you can totally lose the ball and do some stupid major that you'd never do normally.

As long as you know it's a stupid mistake and not something that regularly pops up in your driving, then just clear your mind and go for another go. :smile:
Reply 395
Lol
Original post by Svenjamin
Don't worry too much, I found the same after I failed my test. When I saw the instructor had touched the brake it completely shook me up, so I made another mistake a few minutes later before I got back in the swing of things and drove okay from then on. When you know you've failed you can totally lose the ball and do some stupid major that you'd never do normally.

Aww that's so sweet defiantly cheered
me up thank you x
As long as you know it's a stupid mistake and not something that regularly pops up in your driving, then just clear your mind and go for another go. :smile:
Original post by Valentiine
The bold is EXACTLY how I feel about the test. I failed my first in May with a serious for failing to give way to the right at a roundabout. A car was oncoming and the examiner put his foot on the break - I knew it was all over at that point. I actually cried like a baby when he told me I had failed, not because I was particularly sad, but because all the frustration of the past two years I have been taking lessons on/off had finally come to a head. I don't know why I didn't stop at the roundabout, clueless! And it really upset me.

I feel at this point my driving is about as good as it is going to get without having my own car and driving daily over a period of months/years. I know all the rules of the road, and my instructor doesn't really say an awful lot to me during my lessons these days.

BUT with my next test looming I'm still not sure I will pass purely because I can't be sure that for whatever reason I will not make another silly mistake and ruin everything. It's not something you can really prepare for. I've just got to hope and pray that luck is on my side this time. But the anxiety over again doing something stupid is really getting to me.

Same here!! :hugs: My next one is all the way in September because there weren't any free dates until end of August but my driving instructor goes on holiday then :frown: I've never had any private practice, and everyone from my boyfriend to my instructor says I WILL pass this time because I'll know what to expect, but there's still the chance I won't!! And if I don't, I'm screwed because I go to uni like the week after :confused: What am I supposed to do then!? Has anyone else been in this position? :/
Oh god, 4th driving test tomorrow, really paniking now!
Original post by TWGC
Failed! 3 minors and 1 major :frown:

Some guy wasnt indicating on a roundabout and so I pulled out...

He then proceeded to come off the roundabout, how inconsiderate!

I couldn't be more annoyed..

Always next time i guess :frown:

Sorry to hear that. It's so frustrating when it's someone else that makes you fail.
Original post by RyJ
Failed today :frown:

2 serious and 7 minor faults. Really annoyed because all of the problems were down to nerves; I never make those mistakes during lessons.
I now need to book at again for the end of next month :angry:

Another £62 going to them, not to mention a few more driving lessons... :unimpressed:

Sorry to hear that. I wish the instructor could just do the test. It's annoying being with someone different. And it's very nerve racking. Good luck with your next one!

Latest

Trending

Trending