The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Failed, first test got 11 minors 1 serious for apparently doing no blindspot checks whatsoever. I actually thought I was doing them at the correct times etc but obviously not making them noticeable enough.:s-smilie: Driving instructor was a bit miffed as he says I've always done them fine when with him. Got to wait two months till next available test date so have to hope a cancellation comes up!

On the slightly plus side, whole thing wasn't as scary as I thought so hopefully next time I won't be so nervous :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Failed first test -_- didn't check left when I was at a junction so the examiner had to stop the car as there was a car coming along grrr only got 2 minors one for indicating late and the other for not checking mirrors. Oh wells maybe on take 2.
Hi all i failed my driving test 2 times but manage to pass 3rd time.
be patient guys driving is not difficult, you must have safe Attitude as they say driving is 10 % skill and 90 % attitude. just wana say DONT GIVE UP if you FAIL.
practise and learning from your mistakes and not repeating them is a Key.
ON THE TEST DAY PLS PLS PLS BEFORE GOING FOR TEST MUST TAKE A WARM UP LESSON, IT WILL HELP YOU ALOT. and drink water or energy drink as it helps you concentrate better n good on your nerves.
DONT GIVE UP guys.
Original post by weezyfbaby
Ahhh i Passed my test 11.11 18th of july 2011, 3rd attempt.. I hope u passed, thats a lucky timejust realised ur tets was today? did u pass? figners crossed

Yep, I passed! I've been driving for 1 week and a day now and I still get all excited-weird when I drive alone HAHA! :')
Reply 44
just booked another... 5th time lucky maybe?

keep getting 1 major and less than 5 minors.. pretty frustrating!
Original post by nooneyouknow
Failed first test -_- didn't check left when I was at a junction so the examiner had to stop the car as there was a car coming along grrr only got 2 minors one for indicating late and the other for not checking mirrors. Oh wells maybe on take 2.

I take it the car was indicating to turn into your road? Unlucky, just remember to look left right and all your mirrors before stopping/moving off:smile:

Good luck for next time.

Original post by Jess2205
just booked another... 5th time lucky maybe?

keep getting 1 major and less than 5 minors.. pretty frustrating!

What have the majors been in your previous attempts?
Reply 46
Me too, i had the worst examiner, he gave me 15 minors then in the end after engine switched of etc changed it to 17 so i fail, he said i never checked the mirrors but i did ofc, but oh well my instructor argued with him and examiner said go appeal. oh well sucks. taking my instructor with me next time.
Original post by CMPUNK
Me too, i had the worst examiner, he gave me 15 minors then in the end after engine switched of etc changed it to 17 so i fail, he said i never checked the mirrors but i did ofc, but oh well my instructor argued with him and examiner said go appeal. oh well sucks. taking my instructor with me next time.

Why did you recieve the other 15 minors? What the Hell, you would've passed if you did not get those last 2 minors. That examiner definitely seems very harsh though.
Reply 48
Original post by pinda.college
Why did you recieve the other 15 minors? What the Hell, you would've passed if you did not get those last 2 minors. That examiner definitely seems very harsh though.

All under mirrors he gave me 13 minors for mirrors which he then changed to a major. he was also shouting at me near the end and i calmly told him i did check the mirrors and he said i didn't check once(lies), i told him i did and then he said go appeal he was a real jerk. Not trying to play the race card but i think he was quite racist he didn't like me from the start. Also my driving was perfect got 1 minor for hesitation and 2 for steering and 1 for safety
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
omg next date is in june ffs
Original post by CMPUNK
All under mirrors he gave me 13 minors for mirrors which he then changed to a major. he was also shouting at me near the end and i calmly told him i did check the mirrors and he said i didn't check once(lies), i told him i did and then he said go appeal he was a real jerk. Not trying to play the race card but i think he was quite racist he didn't like me from the start. Also my driving was perfect got 1 minor for hesitation and 2 for steering and 1 for safety

11 minors for mirror's is quite a lot, I mean was you just glancing at them and not actually turning your head torwards them to indicate to him/her that you were checking them? Not looking at them a few times would have allowed the examiner to keep them as minors however, I think it's fair of him/her to give you a major for constantly not checking. Next time make it a distinct and obvious process that you're checking your mirrors, I actually looked at every mirror twice on my test just so that I would not get a major. Even though you might have looked at them, the examiner obviously got the impression that you did not.

he didn't like me from the start.

Why do you think this? Did he say/do anything to suggest that he/she is a racist?

I seriously doubt that the examiner was racist, they simply caught onto something you constantly failed to do (according to their observations) and they punished you as a result.

PS- Atleast you know that for next time all you need to do is make it more apparent that you're checking your mirrors, was all the other aspects of your driving fine?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
11 minors for mirror's is quite a lot, I mean was you just glancing at them and not actually turning your head torwards them to indicate to him/her that you were checking them? Not looking at them a few times would have allowed the examiner to keep them as minors however, I think it's fair of him/her to give you a major for constantly not checking. Next time make it a distinct and obvious process that you're checking your mirrors, I actually looked at every mirror twice on my test just so that I would not get a major. Even though you might have looked at them, the examiner obviously got the impression that you did not.

Why do you think this? Did he say/do anything to suggest that he/she is a racist?

I seriously doubt that the examiner was racist, they simply caught onto something you constantly failed to do (according to their observations) and they punished you as a result.

PS- Atleast you know that for next time all you need to do is make it more apparent that you're checking your mirrors, was all the other aspects of your driving fine?

i can gurantee you that i checked the mirrors, i checked @ every lamp post i was wearing glasses that may have been the reason the examiner did not see, but that's not my fault that he did not see! the rest was flawless. i said he was racist because soon as he saw me he gave the look :angry:
I take it the car was indicating to turn into your road? Unlucky, just remember to look left right and all your mirrors before stopping/moving off:smile:

Good luck for next time.

I was emerging from a junction and didn't look left enough so I didn't see the car that was coming it's a bit of a tricky junction as the road curves and there's a building which can make it a bit difficult to see what's coming from the left but I'm sure I'll pass next time I just need to be more careful if I come up to that particular junction I've no problems with my looks or mirrors :smile:
Yup I failed today. I will try again at another test centre.
bombed my test today making my way back to the test centre at the end! was all going well, got a nice turning the road manoeuvre, then with about ten minutes to go the instructor moved the wheel cause he said i was too close to a cyclist so i failed. was my first attempt so i'm trying not to get too downbeat!
Fail number 1: Back in March. Both wheels went up the curb during reverse round the corner, completely forgot all observations during RRC, forgot right shoulder check when pulling off. 3 serious, 6 minors
Fail number 2: Today. Examiner grabbed the wheel when I turned and got too near a car. 1 dangerous, 4 minors

I honestly think that both times were nerves. I start shaking as soon as I get in the test centre. I never do these things when driving normally! I cried after my first fail. Today, straight after he grabbed the wheel I just relaxed and drove fine (minus clipping the curb when I came off a mini roundabout, which he put as a minor).
Failed my test today! :frown:

Only got 2 minors as well, but one serious.

Minors were for clipping the kerb and signalling a bit late.

Serious was for pulling out at a roundabout when someone came round without a signal on, i'm not upset just angry at myself for going!

Apart from that it the examiner said it was a good drive, next tests aren't until July which is upsetting.
Reply 57
Failed today, first attempt. Really angry at myself, 3 minors and and one serious, which I got in the last five minutes. Was in the left hand lane turning right out of a junction - no idea why I did it, I've done that turning a hundred times before =/ All I can think is "if I'd just done it like I'd done it before I would have passed", I'm so annoyed =/ Gotta wait two weeks to do it again (though that's not as long as some people, I know) Urgh. Was a really good test apart from that, examiner said it was a good drive, just a shame about the one stupid mistake. Got the turn in the road as well, the easiest manoeuvre. So angry!
Original post by KazSmurph
Failed today, first attempt. Really angry at myself, 3 minors and and one serious, which I got in the last five minutes. Was in the left hand lane turning right out of a junction - no idea why I did it, I've done that turning a hundred times before =/ All I can think is "if I'd just done it like I'd done it before I would have passed", I'm so annoyed =/ Gotta wait two weeks to do it again (though that's not as long as some people, I know) Urgh. Was a really good test apart from that, examiner said it was a good drive, just a shame about the one stupid mistake. Got the turn in the road as well, the easiest manoeuvre. So angry!

Totally feel your pain! Good luck with your next go :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by nooneyouknow
Totally feel your pain! Good luck with your next go :smile:

Lol, cheers, fingers crossed yeah! I feel less bad now than I did - went and drove around the route with my mum, and in my defence the road markings are really faded and difficult to see - I just headed for the only give way triangle I could see!

*sigh* I'll know better for next time =]

Latest

Trending

Trending