The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Just failed for the second time so frustrated! My driving was fine but my awareness was obviously rubbish, 3 majors, 9 minors! And for things I never do when I'm not nervous:frown:
Aaaarghhh!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 781
I just failed my first test because I had my wipers on too high and it was a serious....ermm ok.. only 6 minors which is ok i guess.
Original post by vivilau26
I just failed my first test because I had my wipers on too high and it was a serious....ermm ok.. only 6 minors which is ok i guess.

:lolwut: Really? That seems very harsh, what did he mean by 'too high'?
I feel so pathetic right now as I've emphatically failed my driving test with 19 overall mistakes, 2 serious :frown: What makes it worse is that I've had so many lessons I've lost count of how many I've had. I'm pretty sure it's far higher than normal.
Reply 784
Keep going brothers and sisters. We will all pass one day. I have the mickey taken out of me all the time. Everyone driving around me is like a constant indirect insult. But don't worry. One day everyone.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
Reply 785
Original post by rat123
I hit a cat by accident, which counted as a major for dangerous driving. It wasn't my fault either, the cat leaped out of a hedge onto the front of my ford fiesta, little s**t
That is both unfortunate and hilarious
Just failed my fourth driving test, burst into tears. I have had so much practice and was feeling so confident until some prick cut me up when changing lanes then I got all in a fluster and made several silly mistakes! SO annoyed as never usually make such mistakes during lessons or driving my own car with my dad. Don't want to give up hope but things just seem to get worse and worse! These were my mistakes to help you all aware of things to avoid!

Test 1 - 4 minors, 2 majors

Major for stalling 3 times at a junction, trying to pull away in third! Definitely nerves! Second major, touched the kerb pulling back into the test centre, only grateful for the first major otherwise would have failed at the last second!:colondollar:

Test 2 - 6 minors, 1 major

Major because apparently I didn't make it clear enough I had checked my blindspot changing lanes. This one was a bit unfair. He told me to go into the right hand lane just as I came round a narrow bend straight after a hill start. Was a car in the right hand lane when I indicated and done all my checks, saw it then pull in behind me in the rear mirror so done my checks again and went over apparently I didn't :mad:

Test 3 - 6 minors, 1 major

Major for turning right from the left hand lane in a one way street, only realised this at the last second so was too late to correct it, don't know what came over me! Oops! :rolleyes:

Test 4 - 10 minors(!), 1 major

Worst yet! :frown: definitely was affected by the car that cut me up, the examiner went to brake even though I had but she said she wouldnt hold that against me, I then panicked and stalled the car, ended up accidentally changing lanes without a left wing mirror check after becoming a nervous wreck! Was doing fine up until that point, absolutely gutted.

Going to see what other dates are coming up, I can drive but can't seem to get through the test! Don't give up!
Original post by thedarklord12
I feel so pathetic right now as I've emphatically failed my driving test with 19 overall mistakes, 2 serious :frown: What makes it worse is that I've had so many lessons I've lost count of how many I've had. I'm pretty sure it's far higher than normal.

I know how you feel! So gutted right now :frown: dont give up!
Reply 788
Original post by CarCrashHeart
I can drive but can't seem to get through the test! Don't give up!

Reply 789
Same here, in my lessons I'm fine, in tests I'm awful!:frown:

Reply 790
Failed my first test today :P got 3 majors - the first was at a roundabout and someone pulled out fast from the right & I had to break quickly and went a bit over the line :frown: 2nd was really silly, was just in the wrong lane :colondollar: and then the 3rd was a huge speed bump just after coming off a roundabout, so I didn't see it until I came round the corner and the examiner had to slam the brakes :/ and he didn't put the clutch down, so he stalled the car really badly, and I don't understand why..maybe he wanted to see how I would restart the engine etc, but I had already failed, so what would be the point?

I didn't really find it very nerve-wracking though, just felt like a normal lesson, although it did go pretty badly! :biggrin:
Original post by kiamarie
Same here, in my lessons I'm fine, in tests I'm awful!:frown:

It's the worst feeling! How many have you had? I've booked another one for next month just need to battle the nerves now!

Reply 792
Original post by thedarklord12

I got the same in my test, I wouldn't worry, by any chance were most of the minors multiple occurrences of a few minor problems?
Reply 793
I thought I failed my driving test last Wednesday on the 10th, the examiner I had was supposed to be known as a bitch but she seemed ok with me, I should of failed but I really dont no how I never because I was doing 35 in a 30 for about 3 seconds because I thought it was a 40 and even them slown down signs started flashing saying slow down so I dunno if she didn't see it or let me off I dunno , was my first test and passed :smile:

Reply 794
i failed on friday with 5 minors and 2 serious faults, was so hateful because the serious faults happened in the last 10 minutes!! :cry2: , but i already knew i had failed, was such a stupid mistake i made!! if that was any other day i wouldnt have done that :cry:
Reply 795
Original post by CarCrashHeart
It's the worst feeling! How many have you had? I've booked another one for next month just need to battle the nerves now!

Ive failed twice so far:frown: cant bring myself to book another test yet:')
I have a car that I can't drive so I'm really impatient ad desperate to drive it!
But I'm gonna need to slowwww dowwwn and make sure I'm properly ready! Don't wanna fail a third time :frown:

I've failed 3 times now. The 3rd being today.

Test 1- I got 1 major and 1 minor. Minor was for speeding a little bit and the major was for going straight ahead instead of round the bend, the examiner had to stop the car and said i would of cut someone up had there been oncoming traffic

Test 2 - I got 2 majors and 6 or 7 minors Examiner failed me for not slowing down enough when meeting traffic, although the road was wide and neither me or the other car slowed down and we still both got through fine. Also got a major for fluffing up on the roundabout and trying to skip lanes. The minors were for getting to close to other vehicles, speed etc.

Test 3 - I failed practically right at the beginning. I was on the same road as the test centre :colondollar:. Was waiting to emerge from the junction, i went to move forward and along came a car. The examiner put his foot on the break before i had chance to react. I terminated the test there and then. Didn't see the point in going round after i had failed right at the start. I've had the experience of driving the whole test twice and felt to upset to carry on.

It's so frustrating as I'm a good driver when on my lesson. I have had 2 instructors praise me on how well i can drive but once it comes to the test i just become a nervous wreck. I will keep on doing it until i pass although at the moment i can't bring myself to book another one as it's still a sore subject lol. For everyone who has failed their test, don't give up! You can do it! We all can if we put our minds to it. Practice makes perfect! Good luck everyone :smile: and well done to those who have passed :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kiamarie
Just failed for the second time so frustrated! My driving was fine but my awareness was obviously rubbish, 3 majors, 9 minors! And for things I never do when I'm not nervous:frown:
Aaaarghhh!

I know how you feel mate. Just frustrating when you CAN actually drive, probably more safer than some other manic drivers yet can't even pass a test!
Original post by MumToRebecca

It's so frustrating as I'm a good driver when on my lesson. I have had 2 instructors praise me on how well i can drive but once it comes to the test i just become a nervous wreck. I will keep on doing it until i pass although at the moment i can't bring myself to book another one as it's still a sore subject lol. For everyone who has failed their test, don't give up! You can do it! We all can if we put our minds to it. Practice makes perfect! Good luck everyone :smile: and well done to those who have passed :smile:

Thank you for the support. I have my 2nd test in 2 days and tbh I feel if I don't pass that I will not be taking another for a while. Just so frustrating more than anything. Like in your case you were nearly perfect on your first go and then something else just went wrong out of no where. I have a feeling that will happen to me too! Good luck to you and let me know how you get on. :smile:
Reply 799
I got my test tomorrow will do anything to pass ....

Latest

Trending

Trending