The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Nooooo :frown:. I was like that then passed on 4th go!!! But keep going - seriously you'll absolutely love the independence. I am gutted for you but please don't let it stop you - book another test.

Aww thanks - needed a bit of a pick me up. I do wanna pass so bad but it seems like such a waste of money! :frown:

I think I will try again though, dont wanna let the DVLA beat me! Lol :smile:
2nd test a week Wednesday, its been nearly 5 weeks since my last one and I've had about 4 lessons since (3 in a new car) and I honestly feel so much better about my driving ability and hoping I won't have to use the phrase '3rd time lucky'! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by Kev31
Sorry to hear that I know what you mean I have my 4th attempt next week one day I will pass lol

Good luck.
Reply 983
Original post by Cazza180
Thanks for the support, unfortunately I failed though AGAIN - I think I am genuinely doomed to walking forever! Haha :frown:

Failed :frown:
Argh so gutted! How did yours go?

Unfortunately I failed.I received two serious faults and 3 minors.I failed going over a pedestrian crossing and edging too forward doing a right turn instead of stopping completely!Absurd.The examiner was pissed off with me because I went the wrong way for independent driving.He told me he will have to stop the test if I continue driving the wrong way.Im dyslexic so i prefer if you make a hand signal.I will tell DSA about this next time.I will look out for another test:smile:

I can only keep trying?
Just failed my driving test AGAIN :frown: I did worse than last time which is even more depressing, 3 majors and 6 minors. I had only one major mistake last time but 12 minors. I'm really rubbish at driving even though my driving instructor said otherwise so as not to depress me even further.
I just passed on the third attempt with 3 minors. The reason I failed the other two times was purely down to nerves. I don't think there is any way to solve this problem so you've just got to go out, try again and you will eventually get a clean, lucky run. Griff
Just failed today for speeding and going in the wrong lane at a roundabout. He said decide what you want to do and I went back into the right lane someone let me in but he said I was holding up the flow of traffic. 2 majors 6 minors.
Does anyone do it in their own car or parents to save money if you do do you just insure it for the day?
Messed up my mock driving test so badly he aborted it lol, /facepalm
I don't remember if I updated this.. but I passed my driving test back in May.

So happy, so much freedom now! I only got 3 minors this time, thank god.
Just a wee message to everyone saying NEVER give up. I failed 3 times before due to nerves, I took every tablet, oil, drops going.. NOTHING helped me what so ever. I ended up having to go to the doctors and he prescribed me with tablets (I cant remember what they were) but I eventually passed after this. Now I have a gorgeous red Mini which I bought two weeks after I passed, it's the best thing ever.

Remember, NEVER give up xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 990
Original post by musical_ridex

Just a wee message to everyone saying NEVER give up. I failed 3 times before due to nerves, I took every tablet, oil, drops going.. NOTHING helped me what so ever. I ended up having to go to the doctors and he prescribed me with tablets (I cant remember what they were) but I eventually passed after this. Now I have a gorgeous red Mini which I bought two weeks after I passed, it's the best thing ever.

Sweet, and mini's are my favourite cars, the old 80's one and them old 70's beatle cars. Which mini do you have? tell me it aint a modern one? lol j/k.
Reply 991
Original post by musical_ridex

I have passed today on my fourth attempt with only 2 minors so happy. I wasn't really nervous in any of my attempts it was just making silly mistakes in this test I was a bit more nervous than my previous ones but I did much better. First attempt I had got 2 majors 7 minors, 2nd attempt 1 major 7 minors, third attempt 3 majors 7 minors.
Original post by iceman95
I have passed today on my fourth attempt with only 2 minors so happy. I wasn't really nervous in any of my attempts it was just making silly mistakes in this test I was a bit more nervous than my previous ones but I did much better. First attempt I had got 2 majors 7 minors, 2nd attempt 1 major 7 minors, third attempt 3 majors 7 minors.

You like having 7 minors don't you ? Haha kidding, my second test is wednesday, bricking it but its 8:20 so its nice and early out of the way. Can you remember what your majors were for?

Well done on passing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Original post by SortYourLife
You like having 7 minors don't you ? Haha kidding, my second test is wednesday, bricking it but its 8:20 so its nice and early out of the way. Can you remember what your majors were for?

Well done on passing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is a link to one of the earlier forums i made
Its got all the details here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2172235&p=40193756

I had the same examiner for my 1st and 2nd test but for my 3rd test I had a different examiner and had the same examiner for my 4th as my 3rd one. I didn't expect to get 2 minors I thought I would get like 8 minors but the examiner had told me that I did really good. Altogether I took 40 lessons. Your test is in a rush hour so be aware of lollipop lady as they can really annoy you anyway best of luck to you :smile:
Failed twice thus far

expect my next one on the 28th to be cancelled due to snow or something. I doubt I can afford more lessons or another test u.u
Reply 995
Original post by Silverland
Failed twice thus far

expect my next one on the 28th to be cancelled due to snow or something. I doubt I can afford more lessons or another test u.u

My next one is on the 28th, who mentioned snow?! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iceman95
Here is a link to one of the earlier forums i made
Its got all the details here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2172235&p=40193756

I had the same examiner for my 1st and 2nd test but for my 3rd test I had a different examiner and had the same examiner for my 4th as my 3rd one. I didn't expect to get 2 minors I thought I would get like 8 minors but the examiner had told me that I did really good. Altogether I took 40 lessons. Your test is in a rush hour so be aware of lollipop lady as they can really annoy you anyway best of luck to you :smile:

Haha thanks :smile:

And yeah, I'm gonna be looking at zebra crossings and stuff so much ! The test centres quite close to a school as well :/

And thanks, really hoping to pass before Christmas, I don't have the money to keep doing this haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SortYourLife
Haha thanks :smile:

And yeah, I'm gonna be looking at zebra crossings and stuff so much ! The test centres quite close to a school as well :/

And thanks, really hoping to pass before Christmas, I don't have the money to keep doing this haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I messed up at zebra crossings. And I really want to pass before the New Year.
Original post by thedarklord12
Me too, I messed up at zebra crossings. And I really want to pass before the New Year.

Last time I got a minor coz I didn't see a woman, dispite the fact she was wearing a bright pink jumper. I was concentrating too much on following the cars in front of me :/ but just coz of the time and everything I have a feeling there'll be lots of people wanting to cross haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys.
Found this thread and wanted to say I have my third attempt at test today.
Its at 2.30pm and I'm so very nervous, I am a naturally anxious person anyway so this isn't really helping.

First test I failed with 10 minors and 2 majors - first for an awful reverse round the corner and second for clutch control at a roundabout and not pre-planning within enough time i.e. trying to go on a roundabout in 4th gear and stalling when trying to change down to 2nd.

Second test I failed with 7 minors and 1 major - the major being apparently pulling out of a roundabout too soon and making the car behind brake. The examiner was really moody and horrible and didn't put me at my ease at all. He kept leaving it until the last minute to tell me when to turn left/right etc and was on edge the entire time.
I think it was more of personal opinion for that test and he probably shouldn't have failed me, more of a minor as there was a big enough gap when I went.

I am very anxious about today and can't even think straight, I can't afford to fail this one and if I do the waiting list is backed up until March 2013 now :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending