The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Impossible Conditional Offer

Hi everyone!

I applied and received a conditional offer to QMUL's MSc Marketing program. I am currently studying in Canada, and applied to Queen Mary with a 2.94 overall GPA. However, my acceptance was on the condition that I achieve a 3.2 overall GPA. I received the same condition for Royal Holloway, while my conditions for Brunel and Westminster were 2.8 and 3.0 respectively.

My question is as follows: Do the admissions teams at UK universities understand that, at a Canadian University, it is virtually impossible for me to raise my GPA from 2.94 to 3.2 even if I were to get perfect scores in all of my courses this semester? I am expecting good grades for the semester (all A- and A, or 3.7 and 4.0). However, as these marks only account for one semester out of a four year degree, the influence they will have on my overall GPA is marginal. I'm anticipating my overall GPA will be around a 3.05 after my final marks have been submitted.

I e-mailed the QMUL admissions team 2 weeks ago expressing these concerns, but no one has gotten back to me. Do you think perhaps they put that condition as a technicality, but that I was admitted based on my personal statement, references and resume? Is there a chance that my condition might be lowered to something more realistic? The only reason I am asking is because they accepted me, full well knowing about my 2.94 GPA at the time. QMUL is my top choice, and I'm really hoping to get this sorted out sooner rather than later. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Calum
Reply 1
calling them is probably more effective tham emailing if you need a quick answer.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
You have nearly finished a degree and about to move to the UK and you didn't think the best thing you can do is ring them up? and get responce straight away?

Why am i getting neg for her .... :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I suggest to go on the QMUL website and find out who the head of your course is/the course organiser, and give them a call asking them for any advice they may have or what you can do :smile: Best of luck!
Reply 4
I have the same problem and my current gpa is 2.61. So, Royal wants 2.7 and Queen wants 2.8. I am just waiting my overall gpa after graduation. I am not sure what to do about it.
Hey callum, may I ask if you got in? I’m in a very similar situation
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending