The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Richyp22
good to hear sherbet thanks for your help on my Ps :tongue: my friend is there doing medicine and loving it too!

Whats good about it so far?

No worries, I hope it helped!
Social life is great, tons of socials compared to other subjects, everyone is so friendly, particuarly medics.
Course is interesting, hard but a mix of science and then seminars about things such as ethics which are a bit more easy going.

Leeds make you feel like they will make you into a good well rounded doctor. I don't like research in particular but you have a whole module on it. Which is great as doctors need to be at least staying up to date with research papers, and we get an 18 month research project.

Great city, compact centre but fantastic shops and loads and loads of nights out. Great for sport too, medic sports are very varied and all have great socials. There's even a medic panto if that's your sort of thing :smile:.

Could go on and on but as I said before, super biased!

Just make sure you stay on top of the work, I have a mock tomorrow that I am hopelessly unprepared for.
Original post by Sherbet
No worries, I hope it helped!
Social life is great, tons of socials compared to other subjects, everyone is so friendly, particuarly medics.
Course is interesting, hard but a mix of science and then seminars about things such as ethics which are a bit more easy going.

Leeds make you feel like they will make you into a good well rounded doctor. I don't like research in particular but you have a whole module on it. Which is great as doctors need to be at least staying up to date with research papers, and we get an 18 month research project.

Great city, compact centre but fantastic shops and loads and loads of nights out. Great for sport too, medic sports are very varied and all have great socials. There's even a medic panto if that's your sort of thing :smile:.

Could go on and on but as I said before, super biased!

Just make sure you stay on top of the work, I have a mock tomorrow that I am hopelessly unprepared for.

hey! i see youre studying at leeds. I was just wondering whats the course structure like? :smile: thanks in advance
Reply 382
Original post by MedMed12
hey! i see youre studying at leeds. I was just wondering whats the course structure like? :smile: thanks in advance

The course structure is a "spiral" integrated curriculum.
Patient contact starts January of year 1.
It's a mix of lectures and small group teaching which is nice, no PBL.
Some lab work too e.g. dissection room.
You do an 18 month research project across years 4 & 5.
It's systems based.
There's the opportunity to intercalate.
I think it's a nice balanced course, not too traditional, not too new which is why I like it so much :smile:.

This link has more info haha:
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/course.html
Reply 383
Just came back from weekend at leeds, was awesome, love the city , clubbing is good and everyone seems nice.
Reply 384
Okay, the problem I have is that I am making so many requests that I forget to update them in all the threads. So I do apologise if I sent this message before.

To all Leeds Applicants

I have got a response from the university of Leeds regarding an FOI request I made. You can find the results here.

If there is anything missing from their response, please notify me so I can chase them up on it.
Reply 385
Original post by Revent
Okay, the problem I have is that I am making so many requests that I forget to update them in all the threads. So I do apologise if I sent this message before.

To all Leeds Applicants

I have got a response from the university of Leeds regarding an FOI request I made. You can find the results here.

If there is anything missing from their response, please notify me so I can chase them up on it.

I love you

Will they be giving interview sheets for up coming application cycle and those grades then?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by Polioz
I love you

Will they be giving interview sheets for up coming application cycle and those grades then?

She said she will get back to me soon regarding last years information. I will send a message on the 19th if I remember to do so for the new forms (or even better, one of you guys could remind forgetful me :lol: ).
Reply 387
Original post by Revent
She said she will get back to me soon regarding last years information. I will send a message on the 19th if I remember to do so for the new forms (or even better, one of you guys could remind forgetful me :lol: ).

awesome, i will remind you if need be :biggrin:
UKCAT scores have been sent! Does anyone know when the first interviews will be/when they were last year?
Reply 389
Original post by Vikas_94
If this is who I think it is, didn't know you were applying to Leeds!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Haha yeah! Hello :smile:
Original post by joker12345
UKCAT scores have been sent! Does anyone know when the first interviews will be/when they were last year?

The first interview was on 9th Feb. last year and the invitation sent out on 17th Jan.
Reply 391
Original post by Timewilltellu
The first interview was on 9th Feb. last year and the invitation sent out on 17th Jan.

that's quite a long wait actually :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MarinaBS
that's quite a long wait actually :frown:

I believe this year will be sometime in early December for the first interview.
Original post by Richyp22
I just asked for clarification on how they're going to fill through the applications and she said that they've sent out a e-mail to all applicants detailing selection(They obviously havent done it yet) but they also said they have started the selction process :/ So should get an e-mail soonish

Still no news, no e-mail, nothing at all.
I believe this year will be sometime in early December for the first interview.

Where are you getting this info from?! I know nothing :frown:
Reply 395
Still no news, no e-mail, nothing at all.

nothing here either
Original post by joker12345
Where are you getting this info from?! I know nothing :frown:

It mentions Dec-March for the interviews take places in Appendix A, Selection Process Timeline in their MBChB Student Policy 2012/13.
Reply 397
interviews will be sent out starting December until March according to their website! good luck everybody!:colondollar:
Not going to lie, that email gave me the biggest scare of my life. Well, at least I know I won't hear anything until after Christmas :smile:
Reply 399
I saw inbox (1) and thought yes finally I have an interview, alas no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending