The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spontogical
:eek3:

Spoiler

Yeah it really depends on who you meet really.. i'm also unsure if the paid versions are any better - but it just seems to be more of the same.. but imo people should stay away from POF..it is just so.. what's the word i'm looking for..bleurgh.

My friend signed up to the paid one, and managed to find herself a chap - 3yrs I think they've been together and they've got their own place.

I personally wouldn't bother with the paid ones, I think it's pot luck! :dontknow: . .tbh the whole darn thing of online dating is pot luck, if you're lucky to find a genuine person, then it's far and far between imo! :dontknow: . .
Original post by DancinBallerina
My friend signed up to the paid one, and managed to find herself a chap - 3yrs I think they've been together and they've got their own place.

I personally wouldn't bother with the paid ones, I think it's pot luck! :dontknow: . .tbh the whole darn thing of online dating is pot luck, if you're lucky to find a genuine person, then it's far and far between imo! :dontknow: . .

Pretty much this.

Getting replies is the easy part (every other site except POF), the hard part is being able to maintain conversation; which seems to be pretty rare on dating sites. :tongue:
Reply 182
There are so many things to do in life, if a person you actually like doesn't pop up by accident what's the point in looking everywhere and probably settling for second best......
:eek3:

Spoiler

Yeah it really depends on who you meet really.. i'm also unsure if the paid versions are any better - but it just seems to be more of the same.. but imo people should stay away from POF..it is just so.. what's the word i'm looking for..bleurgh.

POF is popular because you don't have to pay. The paid versions will probably be full of desperates and men, because lets face it... most women do online dating for a bit of a laugh or to gain a bit of self esteem
Reply 184
15 messages, 1 reply. Send 1500 messages.
Reply 185
Original post by U4EA

That's the spirit!
Original post by jblackmoustache
POF is popular because you don't have to pay. The paid versions will probably be full of desperates and men, because lets face it... most women do online dating for a bit of a laugh or to gain a bit of self esteem

OKC, is also free to use - but then 99% of the people there, are classified as "replies very selectively"

I do agree though; it's not really a worthwhile venture ~

Original post by U4EA

Doesn't mean any of them will be interested though. :tongue:

I do get replies though.. usually one in 3/.. but I think it's better to meet girls in the fashion humans have been doing for a millennia and beyond.

Original post by morris743
There are so many things to do in life, if a person you actually like doesn't pop up by accident what's the point in looking everywhere and probably settling for second best......

This. It's unfortunate, but most people would rather look for 2nd, 3rd or 4th best rather than being 'alone'
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
x

I use TSR to meet people like you :colondollar:
Original post by Dark Horse
It's a poor strategy because women's looks (atleast in my generation, I feel) start to decline the minute they're allowed to legally drink.

I remember back when I was 18 when most of the girls I knew looked healthy, lean and still had that healthy glow. Now just after a few of years of binge drinking and crap dietary habits and various other influential factors they just look considerably worse. Not butt-ugly but they look worse. I'd even say that their attractiveness is entirely dependent on their dress sense and make-up application.

Typical Dark Horse posts in this thread.... as shallow as a puddle in the Sahara desert.
I use TSR to meet people like you :colondollar:

Don't we all? :moon: those days when I was wondering on my own... until I found this place.

Apparently they call it ..

Spoiler

What the hell is Badoo? Never heard of that one before.
Reply 191
Seriously though, you spent two months on an online dating website and only managed to find FIFTEEN people that 'captivated' you. Are you aware how ridiculous that is or not?
Reply 192
Don't we all? :moon: those days when I was wondering on my own... until I found this place.

Apparently they call it ..

Spoiler

Rings a very distant bell, this.
Reply 193
Also, they're not ignoring you out of spite. They simply have hundreds and hundreds of guys messaging them and your (probable) piss-poor attempts of seduction are there with a thousand other messages from desperate guys. Either admit your poor online seduction skills and seek to improve them, go out and talk to women in real life, or complain more on student forums.

Good luck sir.

P.S. PM me what you're sending to all of these girls.
Original post by U4EA
Also, they're not ignoring you out of spite. They simply have hundreds and hundreds of guys messaging them and your (probable) piss-poor attempts of seduction are there with a thousand other messages from desperate guys. Either admit your poor online seduction skills and seek to improve them, go out and talk to women in real life, or complain more on student forums.

Good luck sir.

Get them when they've just joined :tongue: The worst thing about this though is that they're usually somewhere really far out or random. Why are all the girls in Lincoln or in boring towns in Lancashire?

At the moment i'm stuck with Yorkshire women :frown: If you're somewhere like Leeds or Sheffield then the girls will get tons of messages. Decent guys drown under a sea of topless guys and Quagmires
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sophisticated
Typical Dark Horse posts in this thread.... as shallow as a puddle in the Sahara desert.

Just uploaded a picture of myself from a couple of years ago when I was ripped and surprise surprise the amount of profile views and messages I get shoots up. That's women for you; shallow as a worms grave.
Reply 196
Just uploaded a picture of myself from a couple of years ago when I was ripped and surprise surprise the amount of profile views and messages I get shoots up. That's women for you; shallow as a worms grave.

Men aren't?
Men aren't?

Men are more vocal about how shallow they are. Women keep the information about how shallow they are quiet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by jblackmoustache
Men are more vocal about how shallow they are. Women keep the information about how shallow they are quiet.

:biggrin: Hmm I dunno guess what really matters is how much weighting they put on the shallowness...like going out with an insanely good looking guy with nothing else about him.

Good for you :confused:

And yeah...the same thing definitely doesn't happen to the girls who put pictures of themselves on here either :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending