The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on ear stretchers?

Scroll to see replies

This forum is largely full of sheltered public-school kids with no real exposure to nor understanding of these sorts of things, hence a lot of the above comments. It's perfectly possible to get your ear back to normal. I had a 20mm stretcher in 3 years ago and through using successively smaller stretchers the hole in my lobe is now back to a normal ear-piercing size - virtually invisible.
Original post by cardine92
I like them, I want to do it myself but only up to 6mm or so. They will go back to normal unless you stretch them beyond a certain point so no need to worry about saggy ears when you're old.

I had a 20mm stretcher in 3 years ago and my ear is now completely back to normal. If you don't know the correct techniques then you'll be stuck with the hole, but the techniques are hardly difficult to figure out for yourself.
Original post by Pandabär
Not a fan. Surely they won't like their baggy ear hole as much when they're old and grey? I mean, I'm sure you could get reconstructive surgery, but it all just seems a bit silly.

Why comment in this matter when you clearly know nothing? I had a 20mm stretcher in 3 years and the hole is now back to normal ear-piercing size.

EDIT: I assume the neggers are bitter because they're ignorant of the proper techniques for reducing the size of the stretcher-hole?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Retrodiction
Why comment in this matter when you clearly know nothing? I had a 2cm stretcher in 3 years and the hole is now back to normal ear-piercing size.

i think i now see the point you're trying to make
Reply 24
I generally dislike it
Reply 25
grim!
Reply 26
I use to have a .0 tunnel, looked cool but hard to maintain and got annoying after a while
Original post by Like a BAWS
I just imagine how stupid they'll look with these horrendous drooping ears in a few decades time...

Not necessarily. If you stop before a large size the hole heals over time.

I was a 00 (that's about a cm) and since I've taken them out my ears are completely back to normal size. Slight scarring on the back, but wouldn't be able to tell from the front.
Reply 28
I'd constantly be afraid of getting it caught in some kind of hook, isnt very attractive either.
Reply 29
do-not-want-dog.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
:eek: Gross.
They look silly, but I wouldn't judge anyone for wearing them lol. I just don't see the point especially when theyre stretched so bad and skin and hole are just hanging.
I think they look alright but its like tattoos i think. the older you get (like way on in the future~~) it wouldnt look as good any more :P

But I just wear a fake one as I dont feel like having one all the time and when I do where it people do think it looks like the real thing so :P
Reply 33
Dont see the appeal really.
Reply 34
I think they look good at the small sizes - up to 12mm maybe. I'm doing mine at the moment, but I'm only going up to 8, as past that there's no return!

The big ones scare me though :tongue:
Original post by placebo24
I think they look good at the small sizes - up to 12mm maybe. I'm doing mine at the moment, but I'm only going up to 8, as past that there's no return!

The big ones scare me though :tongue:

No return? This is just a myth. I had a 20mm stretcher in and through successive decreased of stretcher size the hole is now the size of a normal ear-piercing hole again.
Reply 36
Original post by Retrodiction
No return? This is just a myth. I had a 20mm stretcher in and through successive decreased of stretcher size the hole is now the size of a normal ear-piercing hole again.

Well rule of thumb :tongue: I want to go up to 10mm, but playing it safe.
Reply 37
Original post by placebo24
Well rule of thumb :tongue: I want to go up to 10mm, but playing it safe.

10mm was what I got up to, it closed to a normal hole :smile:
I like small ones,on guys especially,although I'm not entirely sure why.As long as they aren't this big then I'm happy: http://static.i85media.com/dumbphotos/photos/People/262-ears.jpg
Reply 39
Original post by drummer
10mm was what I got up to, it closed to a normal hole :smile:

Tempting....

For the people who do like them, which do you prefer: one stretched ear or two?

Quick Reply

Latest