The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if you need any help with any of the Core/Mechanics/Statistic exams there's a really good website called Exam solutions - a man works through all the questions stepbystep - super helpful! especially when you have NO IDEA where to start :smile:
here's the link
http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/index.php
you can also find his stuff on YouTube too :smile:
Reply 2
How many past papers in average do you reckon someone should do to get A* in C4 and M2?
Original post by DJ^
How many past papers in average do you reckon someone should do to get A* in C4 and M2?

Reply 4
Anybody else having trouble with the finding of differential equation from data given?

These type of questions appear rarely and is usually the last question or so. Is there a special technique you can use in these questions?
Reply 5
Original post by ezioaudi77
Anybody else having trouble with the finding of differential equation from data given?

These type of questions appear rarely and is usually the last question or so. Is there a special technique you can use in these questions?

I don't there is a special technique, you just need to understand the context well, when forming the equations.
Reply 6
Original post by raheem94
I don't there is a special technique, you just need to understand the context well, when forming the equations.

Yeah, I'm not very good at understanding those questions, especially those chemical compounds and Newton's law stuff (I didn't select science subjects for A/L nor O/L).
Really want to get an A* for Math :crossedf: :crossedf: :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by ezioaudi77
Yeah, I'm not very good at understanding those questions, especially those chemical compounds and Newton's law stuff (I didn't select science subjects for A/L nor O/L).
Really want to get an A* for Math :crossedf: :crossedf: :biggrin:

Good luck, hope you get an A* :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by raheem94
Good luck, hope you get an A* :smile:

Thanks and awesome marks, btw :rock: :rock:
Reply 9
my teacher has only just finished integration by substitution, has anyone completed all of the topics yet.
Reply 10
Original post by sukhys
my teacher has only just finished integration by substitution, has anyone completed all of the topics yet.

No, we're having a break so we can concentrate on S2 then back to C4 integration on Friday!! Hope we finish the course before the exam!!
Reply 11
Original post by sukhys

We finished the whole book last month .. we are now on study leave ..
Original post by avipsita
We finished the whole book last month .. we are now on study leave ..

Yeah we finished about a month ago too and i'm on past papers right now, I really need an A* in it now :biggrin:
June 14th - C3
June 21st - C4

No exams in between. June will be full on maths for me, need an A, and I'm revising from a C in C3 in January and knowing 60% of my C4 course.
Reply 14
Original post by sukhys

we completed the topics a month ago but i have many exams in between so i feel like i forgot it all :/ i didnt like "integration by parts" at all .. and the last questions about the rate of change etc..
Reply 15
Original post by tommyridges
Yeah we finished about a month ago too and i'm on past papers right now, I really need an A* in it now :biggrin:

Ahahaha i need one to ... but i am starting revision full on next week .. i need to first finish all the unit 2 exam this week then it will be full on papers
Reply 16
Original post by tommyridges

How many units are u doing??
Reply 17
Original post by demdil
we completed the topics a month ago but i have many exams in between so i feel like i forgot it all :/ i didnt like "integration by parts" at all .. and the last questions about the rate of change etc..

yh looks like most people have finished the book. :O im on study leave however we only go in for lessons if we want too. i need 90 ums or more to get an A* :/
Reply 18
Original post by sukhys
yh looks like most people have finished the book. :O im on study leave however we only go in for lessons if we want too. i need 90 ums or more to get an A* :/

i need approximately 90 too for an A* :smile: hope we'll get it :smile: btw, dont worry about not finishing the book yet, you still have time until 21st june :smile: and its easy to finish the past papers once you know the topics..
Original post by demdil
i need approximately 90 too for an A* :smile: hope we'll get it :smile: btw, dont worry about not finishing the book yet, you still have time until 21st june :smile: and its easy to finish the past papers once you know the topics..

Agreed.

Latest

Trending

Trending