The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arva
Hello again everyone who's migrated from the C3 thread!

:hi:

Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Looking forward to midnight to get the unofficial C3 answers xD

Now to revise all of C4, which will be more bearable than I thought, due to the maths practice routine I've already been in for C3.

I can relate.
Reply 581
So just got back home from C3, and am not looking forward to C4, although the plus side is that there isn't as much trig. I have only gone over C4 once on my own and I don't know if 5 days is enough to cover the whole topic (hopefully I will get the annual leave I have requested from work, otherwise I am screwed and will have just the weekend to revise).

Any tips to revise C4 in just 5 days? Although I have been productive during the times I have spent off work to revise. Revised the whole day yesterday and did a few past papers for C3, which helped.
Reply 582
Original post by ezioaudi77
:hi:

I can relate.

:hi: How are you feeling about this paper?
Reply 583
Tough paper.
I haven't done C4 work for a while, but my last impressions/perspective were that C4 is insanely hard. But that was possibly due to the fact that I did not have solid C3 knowledge while doing the C4 course. Today was actually my C3 repeat (C in January...> done minimal work) and I have revised thoroughly for it, definitely got at least an A in it.

My question is for those who have been doing C4 revision for at least a week already (can make good comparison). How much more difficult is C4 compared to C3?
Reply 585
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
I haven't done C4 work for a while, but my last impressions/perspective were that C4 is insanely hard. But that was possibly due to the fact that I did not have solid C3 knowledge while doing the C4 course. Today was actually my C3 repeat (C in January...> done minimal work) and I have revised thoroughly for it, definitely got at least an A in it.

My question is for those who have been doing C4 revision for at least a week already (can make good comparison). How much more difficult is C4 compared to C3?

In my opinion it's loads harder.
Reply 586
I found C4 easier than C3 when I was going over it but that's because I prefer integration and vectors are pretty easy. Never liked C3 because of all the trig.
I'm starting tomorrow. 5 whole days for me too!
Reply 588
I am working tomorrow, so can't revise until weekend. :frown:
Original post by Arva
:hi: How are you feeling about this paper?

C4 is not that hard, just more complicated than C4, because we need to have synoptic knowledge(C3 needed C2 and C1, but in C4, all C1, C2 and C3 knowledge is required).

Might need some time getting used to C4. Did a C4 integration question few minutes ago (just for the sake of it), and I ended up using a method that can neither be called differentiation nor integration :rolleyes:
Reply 590
They should just give you marks as long as the method works. It's pretty crap that you have to follow their strict framework.
Reply 591
can't believe how hard c3 was today, was expecting a much easier paper, hope c4 dosent follow the trend
Reply 592
Original post by The_Pen
They should just give you marks as long as the method works. It's pretty crap that you have to follow their strict framework.

They do, as long as it hasn't specifically told you to use a method.
Reply 593
Original post by ezioaudi77
C4 is not that hard, just more complicated than C4, because we need to have synoptic knowledge(C3 needed C2 and C1, but in C4, all C1, C2 and C3 knowledge is required).

Might need some time getting used to C4. Did a C4 integration question few minutes ago (just for the sake of it), and I ended up using a method that can neither be called differentiation nor integration :rolleyes:

Actually, C4's the first Maths exam that can have truly unpredictable questions. It requires applied knowlege of all the other modules, but it's all easy in comparison to the skills required for C4 such as complicated integration.
Vectors are free marks though, I'll say that much.
Reply 594
Original post by The_Pen
Any tips to revise C4 in just 5 days? Although I have been productive during the times I have spent off work to revise. Revised the whole day yesterday and did a few past papers for C3, which helped.

Breifly go over the theory for all the topics then loads of past papers. If you get stuck on questions look at your notes on the topic to see what you should do. If you get REALLY stuck look at the mark scheme (generally though I look at Arsey's as it's nice to see it written out).
Reply 595
Hey guys,
can anyone help with differentiating this? my mind's gone blank.

y=4^x - 2^(x-1) + 1

I know the 4^x will be 4^xln4 but i'm confused on the '- 2^(x-1)' part.

Thanks!
Reply 596
Question guys!
If i get the correct answer but hardly any working out, would i still gain all the marks?
This 6 marker here is bugging me :/
Reply 597
No.

Maths is all about working.
Reply 598
You'll get warning points if you talk about it - it's happened to me several times before. For your own benefit (so you don't get an annoying message from mods and 10 warning points :colonhash: ) I'd suggest you save it for the midnight solutions thread.
2^x.2^-1=1/2.2^x
hope that helps

Latest

Trending

Trending