The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stuck18
im only on q5 and struggling -_- thanks for the heads up.

Have you watched the videos on the site i linked you to?

Have you read the examples in the book?
Reply 1181
Original post by raheem94
Btw, which subjects do you do and with which board?

AQA Economics, Edexcel Maths and Further Maths, OCR Latin.
Reply 1182
Have you watched the videos on the site i linked you to?

Have you read the examples in the book?

yep read all the examples. still as confused as anything. this topic is giving me nightmares. and yes im watching them. i dont no HOW people understand this topic. i find intergration much easier than this.
Original post by stuck18
yep read all the examples. still as confused as anything. this topic is giving me nightmares. and yes im watching them. i dont no HOW people understand this topic. i find intergration much easier than this.

The problem becomes when you start to think that something is difficult! Don't assume it to be difficult try to think it is easy and you are missing something very silly.

Tbh, the first few questions of the exercise aren't difficult, its the last few ones which are challenging.
Go to page 236-
Reply 1186
The problem becomes when you start to think that something is difficult! Don't assume it to be difficult try to think it is easy and you are missing something very silly.

Tbh, the first few questions of the exercise aren't difficult, its the last few ones which are challenging.

no matter how much I try understand this topic, I don't think i'll be able to. I f u c k i n g hate it. excuse my language :smile:
Original post by stuck18
no matter how much I try understand this topic, I don't think i'll be able to. I f u c k i n g hate it. excuse my language :smile:

lol
Reply 1188
Original post by stuck18

Be more postive! If you've figured out the rest of C4, this will also come. You just need to see that

dydx=...\dfrac {dy}{dx} = ...

becomes

... dy=... dx\int ...\ dy = \int ...\ dx

The above may come out in several different ways, but the trick is to spot which way works best and they often give you the form of the equation which you're trying to derive. Note the variables will almost certainly not be x and y though. Then put in the values supplied to calculate the constant of integration. Tidy up and you're sorted. Practice is all that's required.
(edited 11 years ago)
can some one please help me integrate-
y = xsinx^1/2
I believe its by parts?

ive got i now!! They asked for volume so i would square y to get x^2sinx :/ need to read the question!Sorry if i wasted any of your time guys!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by grazie
Be more postive! If you've figured out the rest of C4, this will also come. You just need to see that

dydx=...\dfrac {dy}{dx} = ...

becomes

... dy=... dx\int ...\ dy = \int ...\ dx

The above may come out in several different ways, but the trick is to spot which way works best and they often give you the form of the equation which you're trying to derive. Note the variables will almost certainly not be x and y though. Then put in the values supplied to calculate the constant of integration. Tidy up and you're sorted. Practice is all that's required.

stuck18 is doing the differentiation chapter right now, not the integration chapter :tongue:
Reply 1191
stuck18 is doing the differentiation chapter right now, not the integration chapter :tongue:

Sorry, I thought she was talking about differential equations.
Reply 1192

But the differentiation's easy! The only thing that can be hard in C4 is integration, I believe.
Reply 1193
hey does anyone know how to do question 9 of exercise 4E in the book? I dont know what they are asking for exactly
Original post by Arva
But the differentiation's easy! The only thing that can be hard in C4 is integration, I believe.

C4 integration isn't hard, it only requires more practice than other chapters. Though on the C4 scale integration is the hardest, but my weakest topic of C4 is vectors.
Original post by grazie
Sorry, I thought she was talking about differential equations.

No worries.
Reply 1196
Please somenoe help me with this question
Fluid flows out a cylindrical tank with a constant cross section. At a time t minutes, t> 0, the volume of the vluid remaining in hte tank is v M^3. The rate at which the fluid flows in metres cubed/sec is proportional to the square root of V.

Show that the depth h metres of fluid in the tank satisfied the differential equation dh/dt = -k[sqrt(h)] where k is a positive constnat

thanks
Reply 1197
C4 integration isn't hard, it only requires more practice than other chapters. Though on the C4 scale integration is the hardest, but my weakest topic of C4 is vectors.

Actually, C4 is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Vectors are easy, but leaves TOO much room for silly mistakes and the last part of vectors is which is the one which messes with your head.
I find integration really easy, other than some tricky substitutions and differential equations. Those screw around with me alot.
Original post by Mathematix
One thing you might have forgotten to go over is converting Cartesian equations to vectors; it is really easy but worth knowing.

(x-1)/2 = (y-2)/-3 = (z+3)/4

The brackets represent the fixed point and the denominator the direction

r = (1, 2, -3) + mu(2, -3, 4)

You've effectively got your A* in the bag! Just get like 80+ ums on this !

Does your offer depend on you getting an A* in maths?
I need a high B or low A to even have a change of getting a B or C overall.

**** my life. This exam better be easy.

Latest

Trending

Trending