The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by handsome7654
Is there a jan 2005? Thought c4 started from june 2005?

err.. i duno.. i sorta guessed the dates =P
Original post by TheNoobyPotato
Can someone give me a formula for percentage error?

Is it:

(Actual - the theoretical)/Actual X 100

Doesn't seem right because if actual was less than theoretical, it would be negative. :s-smilie:

Put a modulus sign (absolute value) on the numerator, and it'll work
Reply 1882
Original post by Gman1234
IMG_0661[1].jpg

Anyone how to do part b on this question ??

It's standard integration of parametric equations. BTW, your image isn't easy to read and the full details can't be seen.
Reply 1883
What does colinear mean in vectors e.g june 06 question 5 part C

How would I solve it?

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/Core-Maths/Core-Maths-C4/2006-June/paper.php
Reply 1884
is it me.. or JAN papers are SOOOOOO much easier than junee
Original post by .Missy

How would I solve it?

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/Core-Maths/Core-Maths-C4/2006-June/paper.php

Lies on the same line.
I'm in two minds whether to go for the A* or not.. I think I got around 67/75 in C3 (the one last thursday) and so dependant on the grade boundaries I'm not sure the UMS.. I don't think I'd be able to break 90% in core 4 but would be able to reach the mid to high 80's... What do you think? A* out of reach for me?
Original post by .Missy

How would I solve it?

literally what you had to do was you have to find the 3 values from AP = OP-OA and the other point from PB and find the 3 points and once you did that you find the differences like for example (2,3,4) ( 4,6,8) you can see that it times by x2 and you have to do the similar thing to that question then you can easily get the ratio
sorry if my wording is bad
2 sin 3x sin 2x dx.

How would you intergrate this ?
Reply 1889
Original post by awaydayboy
2 sin 3x sin 2x dx.

by parts baby
Original post by Arva
Couldn't get anything done yesterday apart from an embarrassing attempt at a sleepy C4 paper... Today is the day! Come on everyone! A*s tomorrow so work hard today!! :wink:

Original post by 0range
Would it be ok if you could quote this when you do post it up? I'm going offline so I might miss it!

>>>>>>>>>VECTORS >>>>>>>>

i have made a small summary as promised and worked the jan 2012 question in detail ......

the note is no that effective but the should help those who are struggling really bad with vectors ......

just remember .....

>Matrix representation will cause less problems so first put your data in matrix form ......

>draw a big clear diagram in the middle of the page so you can add anything more to it from the latter parts of the question

> if they ask you to show a angle and your answer isn't right just subtract it from 180 to see if u'l get it

>If ur not good in vector leave it for the end cause people tend to waste time on it if they are not thorough with the basics...

>and approach the question with a positive can do attitude or u'l never get it

that's it people good luck with vectors and the rest of C4

and hope this helps ur'l

FORGOT ONE MAJOR THING IF TWO VECTOR ARE PERPENDICULAR THEIR DOT PRODUCT IS ZERO
(edited 11 years ago)
2 sin 3x sin 2x dx.

Use this identity:
b8c2f1c51ae60f574a0e53ee47456e8c.png
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1892
Original post by .Missy

How would I solve it?

You're told that A and P lie on the given line. Show that B also lies on this line and A, P and B are collinear.
2 sin 3x sin 2x dx.

Use the last of these trig identities to rewrite it as something that is integratable

img9.gif

2sin3x sin2x dx=cos5x+cosx dx \int 2sin3x \ sin2x \ dx = \int -cos5x + cosx \ dx
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by .Missy

How would I solve it?

Dot product of the two vectors e.g. APB are collinear AP dotted with PB

You should find cos(theta) = 1
Reply 1895
Original post by grazie
You're told that A and P lie on the given line. Show that B also lies on this line and A, P and B are collinear.

hey.. i totaly undertsood your previous response like this.. but you know that qestion.. it askes for a ratio, with out doing the extra working out.. and by only doing it your ^ way .. how can you find the ratio ?? :smile:
Reply 1896
Why are the grade boundaries for Jan 08 so low? By far the easiest paper iv done.

Must have been the retard year or something.
Reply 1897
if anyone has done the jan 2012 paper question 5b, i don't understand how you get t to equal 0, pi/2, pi and 3pi/2. please help! :smile:
Reply 1898
Original post by Lalaa
hey.. i totaly undertsood your previous response like this.. but you know that qestion.. it askes for a ratio, with out doing the extra working out.. and by only doing it your ^ way .. how can you find the ratio ?? :smile:

You either already know or can easily work out lambda for each of the points. Lambda is -6, -4, -1 for A, P, B resp. The ratios in lambda are the same as the ratios of segment lengths. So the ratio asked for is 2:3
Original post by grazie
You either already know or can easily work out lambda for each of the points. Lambda is -6, -4, -1 for A, P, B resp. The ratios in lambda are the same as the ratios of segment lengths. So the ratio asked for is 2:3

hello grazie how are u :wink: can i ask the question on finding position vectors do we need to find the variable like t and then sub into the equation vector?

Latest

Trending

Trending