The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lalaa
anyone have any clue about similar triangless ?? =\

jan 09?? didnt get that either?? Didnt we do this in gcse :/
Reply 1921
does anyone know how to do June 2005 q7 part d? :|
Original post by Jack_Smith
i think you dot product the equation of line l with the scalar quantity of line l which equals to 0. You then find lamda which you would sub back into the equation of l to get the position vector of c!

I think my wording is very crappy, if you dont get it let me know i would try and show the working out!

no sorry is still dont quite get it..:frown:
Original post by Ai-
does anyone know how to do June 2005 q7 part d? :|

its a parallelogram so AD = BC
you know BC
AD = D -A
so you do BC + A TO GET D

i think the ms shows a diff method but i understand this! i asked my teacher he said this method was right aswel!
Original post by blahhblah
could anyone possibly explain to me how to do Q3 in June 2010?! Im really stuck and the mrk scheme makes no sense :frown:

have you worked it out yet?
use the fact that 2^x when you differentiate you will get 2^xln(2). then y^2 wil become 2y dy/dx. finally solve 2xy using the product rule i will do it on a piece of paper take a picture and try to upload it for you.
Reply 1925
Original post by abu125
how would you intergrate, 2/(1+x)^2 dx?

intg[2(1+x)^-2] =
-2(1+x)^-1
Reply 1926
gonna stop doing questions soon and get into zen mode.

good luck tomorrow guys i know i need it :colondollar:
OHHHHH yes i get youuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG thank you soo muck!!!!
LOL i meant much
Original post by bunnyhana
no sorry is still dont quite get it..:frown:

Dont worry there was a point where i didnt understand it aswell! Ive attatched an image, see if you understand it like that!
Reply 1930
its a parallelogram so AD = BC
you know BC
AD = D -A
so you do BC + A TO GET D

i think the ms shows a diff method but i understand this! i asked my teacher he said this method was right aswel!

thank you so much! :biggrin:
Good luck to everyone taking the exam tomorrow, I hope you'll all achieve the grades you're aiming for! :biggrin:
Picture0015.jpg thats the best that i could do for you
Original post by bunnyhana
LOL i meant much

Oh so you wouldnt be needing my arty drawing then :frown: Hahaha dont worry! im suprisedd you got it from the way i worded it :/
Original post by Abdullah CEO
Picture0015.jpg thats the best that i could do for you

ok i used the integration by parts , and this was my final answer for integration

(1/2+7/2cos2x) (x) + (7/2) (1/2-1/2cos2x)+c

for the june 2010 but keep getting different answer http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/june2010-qp/6666_01_que_20100618.pdf
6)c)
Reply 1935
jan 09?? didnt get that either?? Didnt we do this in gcse :/

LOL... i thinkk sooo.. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER STUFF FROM GCSE =O.. crazyyy edexcelllll !!!!
Reply 1936
Original post by otrivine
ok i used the integration by parts , and this was my final answer for integration

(1/2+7/2cos2x) (x) + (7/2) (1/2-1/2cos2x)+c

Integration by parts is fine, but that doesn't look quite right. I get...

I=[74θsin2θ+78cos2θ+θ24]0π2I=\left[\dfrac{7}{4} \theta \sin2\theta+\dfrac{7}{8} \cos2\theta+\dfrac{\theta^2}{4} \right]_0^{\frac{\pi}{2}}
Reply 1937
hi are there any equations that we need to know like area/volume of a cone sphere etc????
thanks!
Reply 1939
Can someone give me an example of when we have to adjust the integral of the form lnlax+bl?
And do we have to adjust for all types of integrals or just the ln ones?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending