The Student Room Group

WJEC 22nd may 2012 english literature gcse

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
I thought it was all good. What about you?

My books were A Christmas Carol and A View from the Bridge so may have been different to whatever you did.

Anyone doing A Christmas Carol did you notice that the essays were both labelled ii) and ii). Or was this only my centre. We are a grammar school so I would have thought they wouldn't have made this mistake!

I did A View from the Bridge as well. Which essay question did you do? I did the one about "Honour. Revenge. Passion" and talked about all of those themes as well as three other; love, justice and manliness. Was this what you were actually supposed to do?
Original post by Jack_Smith
I did A View from the Bridge as well. Which essay question did you do? I did the one about "Honour. Revenge. Passion" and talked about all of those themes as well as three other; love, justice and manliness. Was this what you were actually supposed to do?

I thougt that was weird and hard. The people who did it said to me it limited themself in actually having points to write about. I myself chose to do Catherine.
Original post by GreenLantern1
I thougt that was weird and hard. The people who did it said to me it limited themself in actually having points to write about. I myself chose to do Catherine.

Yeah lots of people in my school also did the Catherine essay but the points I wrote about, are they are correct?
Original post by Jack_Smith

You shouldn't have looked at other themes other than those three. But then I would say that love falls under the category of passion, justice under honour and manliness under revenge so as an examiner I would have thought that you were jsut answering the question!

I thought Ctherine was very easy and I reckon I got an A in that essay though (probably the worst out of the three I reckon though - didn't cover Catherine much lool)!!!
:| but the question was something along the lines of 'how far do u think this statement is true' so u're meant to evaluate not only those three but other themes as well if u argue that the statement isn't true right? o well it's done now and i just hope what i wrote was right :smile:
Reply 65
I Am confident on the of mice and men section off exam but struggle with poetry has anybody got any tips?! I have an exam in a few weeks!!
Reply 66
i have a question, how many points did you make in your commentary about the books? per book, e.g. i made about 4-5 points per question? :smile:
what was the title of the two poems?
Reply 68
do you guys remember the extract question on candy? and what could i write about how sympathy is showed through lennie? i've got this as my mock LOL.t
thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending