The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Exam 29th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
yeah i didnt find it too bad. for comparing language i somehow wrote 3 and a half pages!
Original post by Karishma
only question 4 as a mini-essay!

the mini-paragraphs however should be used for question 2 and three and can be made up of 3 or 4 sentences :smile:

Damn. I didn't do that :angry:
Reply 182
hi guys unfortunately i got a middle B in my coursework which counts 60% towards my entire grade. if i want an A overall will i need to get a High A, Low A, A* for the language paper?
Original post by mmr
How is it out of 80?
Do u knw the breakdown
Plz and thnx

If you're doing aqa then you have:
A 30 mark question based on literature (I think, we did the crucible but maybe you do something else?)
Then there's a 20 mark question based on spoken language
There's also two creative writing tasks that add up to 30.
Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by pollypix123
aren't we not meant to talk about exams for 24 hours? :rolleyes:

No it's fine. AQA is a UK exam board so AQA exams can be discussed straight away. Edexcel is taken all over the world though so edexcel you have to wait 12 hours
Original post by nyami001.303
72/80 is a*
64/80 is a
53/80 is b
43/80 is c
34/80 is d
25/80 is e
16/80 is f
7/80 is g

do you know what ums they are? and if i got 57 - B what would i need in the language paper to get A overall?
I found it okay, answered all questions in time.

I think I shall have lost marks on the last question (newspaper article) because I accidently gave my own personal opinion at times, which is the opposite of a newspaper article. :biggrin:
Reply 187
I would love to get a B in both language and literature
Reply 188
Oh crap I think I also gave my view point on a point I made.
Reply 189
Original post by osama2
hi guys unfortunately i got a middle B in my coursework which counts 60% towards my entire grade. if i want an A overall will i need to get a High A, Low A, A* for the language paper?

u need a middle A minimum, buh try nd get a high a or a star to be a comfortable A
Reply 190
Original post by NKenny
does anyone know what is the grade boundaries of foundation paper?

yeah: 92% for a C
Reply 191
Mee too, damn it! i sed it in my conclusion:angry:
Original post by DonnyPaxton
I found it okay, answered all questions in time.

I think I shall have lost marks on the last question (newspaper article) because I accidently gave my own personal opinion at times, which is the opposite of a newspaper article. :biggrin:

Wasn't it about saying what you thought about role models? How would you do that subjectively? I said what I believed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Didn't think it was too bad. Blog was informal while newspaper was formal right?
I thought it was ok, didn't write a lot for a couple of the questions though
Original post by broken halo
I thought it was ok, didn't write a lot for a couple of the questions though

Meh you can still get 8/8 for half a page. Use of quotations and showing that you fully understand the text is fine.
wrote formally for both just so that i could impress the examiner.

However don't really think the examiner will mind whether you do it formally or informally so it really does't matter you won't get many/ if any marks for it
Reply 197
Original post by HazzaTheRazza
Wasn't it about saying what you thought about role models? How would you do that subjectively? I said what I believed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

yeah thats what i thought. its YOUR article with YOUR point of view
however really don't think you could get full marks for writing half a side
Original post by osama2
yeah thats what i thought. its YOUR article with YOUR point of view

It was just like a formal argument I reckon. But it'll only be a few marks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending