The Student Room Group

AQA Graphic Products GCSE - 29th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by escarr15
:frown: i hope they don't specify because i've thought of a whole load of simple imagery for this one charity that i can actually draw! it would be alright if they let us make one up. and i have no idea about crash lock bases - none of the charity boxes i've looked at had any...

How do I close a charity box, then? Just with tabs and glue?!

I would imagine they'll specify things about the box's function, and the charity- it's a bit open ended if not.

And forgive me- but we're not guaranteed to be doing boxes?
Our teacher gave it to us, and pointed out the brief was "collecting money for charities" and whist it's most likely it'll be boxes, surely it could be something else, too?
Reply 21
The 2010 paper appears to have a design question without decoration at all... what if we get that O.o
Reply 22
im really worried about this :/
has anybody revised how the main printing methods..llike how they work? i literally cannot remember them so im planning to just leave it?
no i havnt looked at the printing processes tbh im not really sure on what i should be revising? :frown:
*reads through thread* Hahaha... I'm so going to fail this exam. :'D
Original post by Blue_Clover

oh dear story of my life right now haha :')
Reply 26
lithographic printing is standard for mass production like newspapers and stuff, flexographic is for dodgy paper with lumps and an uneven surface, just about all i know for GP and i'm doing it next year!!! FML
Reply 27
Original post by Blue_Clover

Me too!

Well, if we all fail, there will be low grade boundaries :wink:

And don't forget coursework helps, too...
Reply 28
i think it's best to avoid all uses of glue in section a, because when posted the consumer may find it all too fiddly :s-smilie:
so far i've revised:
paper, board and card
glues and plastics
all the designers
ergonomics/anthroprometrics
symbols and copyright
sustainability, and social moral cultural bits and bobs.

now onto printing methods. ugh.
Reply 29
it's nice to know that i'm not the only one with problems about this haha
roll on tomorrow guys!
Reply 30
Original post by ellanokesy
i think it's best to avoid all uses of glue in section a, because when posted the consumer may find it all too fiddly :s-smilie:
so far i've revised:
paper, board and card
glues and plastics
all the designers
ergonomics/anthroprometrics
symbols and copyright
sustainability, and social moral cultural bits and bobs.

now onto printing methods. ugh.

How have you revised all these? Nothing sticks in my brain when I try... And how do I make the box into a box, if I don't use glue?
Reply 31
who exactly are the designers we were supposed to learn? My class literally did one lesson on theory and now I have to learn everything from bitesize in one night :P
Reply 32
Robert Sabuda
Alberto Alessi
Wally Olins
Margaret Calvert & Jock Kinnier
Harry Beck

My spelling might be wrong...
Reply 33
Original post by Anny Smiles
How have you revised all these? Nothing sticks in my brain when I try... And how do I make the box into a box, if I don't use glue?

try using a slot mechanism or an interlocking top and bottom?
yeh i just keep going through and ticking of the spec :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Anny Smiles
How do I close a charity box, then? Just with tabs and glue?!

I would imagine they'll specify things about the box's function, and the charity- it's a bit open ended if not.

And forgive me- but we're not guaranteed to be doing boxes?
Our teacher gave it to us, and pointed out the brief was "collecting money for charities" and whist it's most likely it'll be boxes, surely it could be something else, too?

we looked at postal security tabs because they're simple
we did look at other ways of collecting money but it's likely to be paper/card based because
1. that's the main graphics material
2. that's what the other two exams had

and also if they do specify, it would be unfair because some people may have looked more at a similar charity than others
goodluck guys :biggrin:
Reply 36
Can anyone post a link to where i can find some useful nets to memorise, i have found ones which use glue but i heard it might ask you not to use glue.
Reply 37
Original post by Bob Wise
Can anyone post a link to where i can find some useful nets to memorise, i have found ones which use glue but i heard it might ask you not to use glue.

I found these:
http://www.technologystudent.com/despro_flsh/charity7.html
http://www.technologystudent.com/despro_flsh/charbx3.html

I have no idea about any of the printing/manufacturing stuff. In fact, anything that's on sections B and C. :frown:
Reply 38
Thanks!
Reply 39
Sorry for the late reply the specification is on charity and not on anything else
:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending