The Student Room Group

First Car :)

Didn't know where to put this but...

I'm getting my first car soon and was asked what I wanted but I have no clue! Any suggestions?

If it helps I am a 18yo female :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
fiat 500!!so nice to drive & cute toooo
Pics would help! And I forgot to mention mileage has to be low, insurance has to be low too but price is NOT an issue! :smile:
Original post by hopingforuni12
Pics would help! And I forgot to mention mileage has to be low, insurance has to be low too but price is NOT an issue! :smile:

so if you ask for something like this:

worth approximately 300k, they'd give it to you? :erm:
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
so if you ask for something like this:

worth approximately 300k, they'd give it to you? :erm:

Haha. Not exactly...It will be my first car so something less expensive. What I meant was it needs to be affordable but price isnt an issue if you know what I mean!
Reply 5

not trying to hate on the rich people but what do your parents do? how are you at 18 years old in the situation where money is no issue? get a mini convertible
Reply 6
If you want insurance to be low but price to not be an issue then a classic car is the way to go.
Something like this:

You cannot go wrong with a nice 1.2-1.3 Dub.
And as it's a classic no road tax (as long as it is pre 1973) and because it's a classic you get special insurance which is cheaper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Its my grandparents. They worked hard for their money. I am far from rich but my grandparents are rich! I'd love one but at the end of the day I have to remember its my first car! :smile:
Reply 8
Suzuki Swift
VW Golf
VW Polo
Vauxhall Astra
Nissan Micra

Google them for pics, I'm almost 17 and one of the above will definitely be my first car.
Probably for you seeing as you are a female something like a Citroen C1, Fiat 500, Suzuki Swift or Ford Ka all nice little cars and in low insurance groups :smile: Here's the pictures of each car in order of mentioned.
car_photo_20178_7.jpg
new-fiat-500.jpg
2007_Suzuki_Swift_01.jpg
p0505183.jpg
Hopefully this is some help to you and hope you find a nice car that is right for you :smile:
My first car, which I'm still driving, is a Corsa. Insurance is just over 1k, which is a lot but nothing compared to what I used to be quoted at!

I like it, but then again I'm a male...
Original post by JamesRobertson
Probably for you seeing as you are a female something like a Citroen C1, Fiat 500, Suzuki Swift or Ford Ka all nice little cars and in low insurance groups :smile: Here's the pictures of each car in order of mentioned.
car_photo_20178_7.jpg
new-fiat-500.jpg
2007_Suzuki_Swift_01.jpg
p0505183.jpg
Hopefully this is some help to you and hope you find a nice car that is right for you :smile:

I like the third one :smile: Thanks for your help!
Original post by noorul87
Suzuki Swift
VW Golf
VW Polo
Vauxhall Astra
Nissan Micra

Google them for pics, I'm almost 17 and one of the above will definitely be my first car.

The Suzuki Swift looks good :smile:
I like the third one :smile: Thanks for your help!

Welcome! :smile:
Original post by Jeester
If you want insurance to be low but price to not be an issue then a classic car is the way to go.
Something like this:

You cannot go wrong with a nice 1.2-1.3 Dub.
And as it's a classic no road tax (as long as it is pre 1973) and because it's a classic you get special insurance which is cheaper.

...I am not looking for jokes I am being serious but that did make me laugh!
The Suzuki Swift looks good :smile:

Suzuki Swifts are quite nice, I learned in one :smile:
Original post by JamesRobertson
Welcome! :smile:

:smile: ......
Original post by Beatlemania
My first car, which I'm still driving, is a Corsa. Insurance is just over 1k, which is a lot but nothing compared to what I used to be quoted at!

I like it, but then again I'm a male...

Apparently thats a good first car :smile: Thanks.
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
Suzuki Swifts are quite nice, I learned in one :smile:

:smile: Well then Suzuki Swift is looking high on my list then!
Reply 19
:smile: Well then Suzuki Swift is looking high on my list then!

Glad I helped :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending