Scroll to see replies

3A*s, 3A's and 5B's !!!
I got mine last year, hahahah suckers!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by toastysandwich
3A*s, 3A's and 5B's !!!

Awesome!:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::yy::yes:
Original post by That One Kid
9A* 2A :biggrin: really happy, but the A's we're both agonisingly 1 UMS off, still pleased though :biggrin:

Ah, that truly is painful, but you did absolutely amazingly so well done :smile:

Original post by toastysandwich
3A*s, 3A's and 5B's !!!

Congratulations!!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I have a lot to work for next year! :biggrin: well done, that's awesome!!

Should I remark as the A's are in a level choices or are As good enough? I'm wanting to do medicine and they were in biology and chemistry ( admittedly I'd needed 95% after getting Bs in year 9)
Reply 5984
Should I remark as the A's are in a level choices or are As good enough? I'm wanting to do medicine and they were in biology and chemistry ( admittedly I'd needed 95% after getting Bs in year 9)

It is definitely good enough, a remark is worth it if you don't mind spending the money as your grade has virtually no chance of going down, and Universities will deal in absolutes, i.e. a mark away from the A* will still be the same as a mark above a B to them.
This is the last question i have for you because i got to college next week and will have my teacher supports and will not need yours

I would greatly appreciate if you can answer these questions. This will be all as you give the best answers. I really need this closure.

1)You know in trial and improvement when you do different trials with different values of x to see what value of x gives you a solution closest to the one given? Well do you write out all of the figures in the solution for each trial or do you round it?
2)I have a habit over rounding over 3d.p to 3d.p. is this okay and isit acceptable?
3)Write out all decimals for trials that have less than and up to 3d.p. so say the answer is 2.345 I'd write that down. Any trials above 3d.p I round to 3d.p. is this ok?
4)Would you put the (3d.p) next to it?
5)If I round a trial to say 3d.p I'd put "(to 3d.p)" next to the round trials? So like say when x=3.45 you get 34.45664567336 I'd write down 34.457. (to 3d.p). Will I lose marks for writing "(to 3d.p)" next to any rounded trial?
6)When finding angles using the invested fiction do you do the inverse curio. And the side ration in brackets like say you got
7)Cosx=a/h
Cosx= 5/8
X=cos−1 5/8. Or is it. X=cos-1(5/8)
Is it with or without he brackets. The marks schemes have without brackets but in all revision guides its with brackets and I do it with brackets. As a teacher should I put brackets or not
8)If I do put brackets will I lose marks
Original post by Samriddha
Nah, the a level stuff isn't that much harder. I only found it slightly more difficult for the first month or so, possibly because I hadn't done Maths properly for a year. I finished GCSE Maths in year 10 so..
Yeah you could beat my score. It isn't that unlikely. Just perfect your exam technique and don't be overconfident. Know your strengths and weaknesses and work strategically and efficiently.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think it is very important to get those method marks,isn't it?,where as at GCSE only a few questions ask for them but you can get method marks for every question and I did once get the full method,marks for a question I got wrong,getting 4/5 for that question so even at GCSE they are quite important.

Collecting Results at 10:30am
9A* 2A :biggrin: really happy, but the A's we're both agonisingly 1 UMS off, still pleased though :biggrin:

You could 11A*s through remarks,have you enquired about it yet?
Reply 5988
Original post by acer0951
Why the **** am I feeling horny at this bloody time!!!

Loool:smile:
2A*, 6A, 2B (and a Pass in Additional Maths :colondollar:)

#relieved
C in English? That'll do me.... Especially because I was bored just sitting in the exam for most the time.
So scared :eek: Wish me luck!!

Reply 5992
i got my A in maths...didn't think i would...i cried..a bit ahahaahaa

YAY!
Got an A in ancient history and English!!!!!!! :bl::bl::bl::bumps::banana::banana::banana2:
1 UMS mark off an A* in Science
1 UMS mark off an A in P.E.
3 UMS mark off an A in English Literature
5 UMS mark off an A* in Science

Really...i mean....really!!!
I have just done edexcel art & design and was wondering if anyone knows whether the two units with the grades a and a* would be rounded up to an a*?
Reply 5996
^^ morsey congrats those grades are awesome!!

was anyone doing edexcel maths linear...the grade boundaries are low! what did you get?

x
YESSSS! 8A* 2A :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Going to remark my french hoppefully to 9A* 1A but absolutely ecstatic!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Congratulations to everyone for these great results! If anyone missed any of the grades they did want then big HUG!

:smile:
A* in ict!

Latest