The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bath, St Andrew's, Leicester and Loughborough are all considered very good universities.
Reply 2
Check some rankings. They might be flawed but do give you an idea more or less.
Reply 3
BUMP

Is Nottingham Trent good?
Reply 4
Depends on the subject really...
Reply 5
Original post by JDWhite1995
BUMP

Is Nottingham Trent good?

No, unless you want to be spoon-fed baby lectures in rooms with about 200 brainless people, many of whom are unable to speak English.

Bath would be the top one I think from the non-RGs.

EDIT A dead-heat on the pos meter. I didn't mean of course that Trent alone is completely hopeless, it was more intended as a general remark about a swathe of universities, of which Trent is a good example, that have excessively large student populations, poor teaching standards, a lack of value to their degrees and a high percentage of overseas students.
(edited 11 years ago)
Lancaster rising up the tables rapidly

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
is Reading university anygood ?
Reply 8
Most of the 1994 group...it's a lot weaker now some of the best unis have left, but there's still Bath, SOAS, Loughborough, Leicester, Royal Holloway, Lancaster and St. Andrews.
Reply 9
Original post by Rancorous
Most of the 1994 group...it's a lot weaker now some of the best unis have left, but there's still Bath, SOAS, Loughborough, Leicester, Royal Holloway, Lancaster and St. Andrews.

I went to Leicester and it is quite good, but from everything I've learned and heard, not as good as places like Bath, Lancs and St Andies.
Reply 10
Original post by sucess
Brunel university, City university london

City is OK provided you don't mind spending your student life imprisoned in a 1930s fortress inside a traffic island.
Reply 11
UCLan
Sussex
UEA
Kent
Leicester?

Also: how hard are their GCSE requirements - would AAACCC suffice for GCSE providing you met A level req.s?
Reply 12
There are plenty of good universities that have not been deemed worthy of the RG title - there are 115 universities in the UK and 20 of them are RG. It really depends on what you define as 'good'. Personally, I tried to avoid the league tables and people's personal opinions - what's good for them may not be good for you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by JDWhite1995
In your opinion

Exeter are a very good Uni but they are becoming Russell group soon :smile:
University of Central Lancashire is amazing and is too, soon becoming a Russell Group university.

What about Oxford brookes?
Reply 16
It might be more helpful to pull out a list of ones to avoid at all costs!
Reply 17
Original post by ChemGraduate
University of Central Lancashire is amazing and is too, soon becoming a Russell Group university.

Seriously?!
Reply 18
Original post by ChemGraduate

Lol. Sussex, Loughborough and Bath are probably the best. Honourable mention goes to Lancaster.
Original post by Fires
It might be more helpful to pull out a list of ones to avoid at all costs!

University of Salford

Latest

Trending

Trending