The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
UCAS told me I was unsuccessful with my application before I sent off my A2L form, do you think I will still be accepted in? I haven't heard back from them other than that they have received my application
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
What is the likely hood of being accepted for the scholarships...?
Reply 182
Was completely wrong about this really sorry OP.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by einstein123
What is the likely hood of being accepted for the scholarships...?

Depends on how many people apply I guess.
Original post by 0range

Original post by 0range
Depends on how many people apply I guess.

Yeah i guess, thanks!
Can you apply to the A2L scheme if you already have an offer from them? Its just that at the bottom of the form on 8) it asks you for a copy of your application form-so does this A2L only work if you send it before hand? I guess I will ring and check to confirm! :smile: Thanks for any replies anyways!
Original post by Africananimal
Can you apply to the A2L scheme if you already have an offer from them? Its just that at the bottom of the form on 8) it asks you for a copy of your application form-so does this A2L only work if you send it before hand? I guess I will ring and check to confirm! :smile: Thanks for any replies anyways!

You can :smile: go for it :smile:
I sent mine after I had my course offer. :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Ilovesourskittles

You can :smile: go for it :smile:
I sent mine after I had my course offer. :smile: Good luck!

Thanks sooooooo much!!!!!:biggrin: Thats really helped me! I was still hanging on thinking can I really send it
?! So do I still attach my application form at the end or my offer letter??? Many, Many thanks! :smile: Good luck with yours too!!!
Thanks sooooooo much!!!!!:biggrin: Thats really helped me! I was still hanging on thinking can I really send it
?! So do I still attach my application form at the end or my offer letter??? Many, Many thanks! :smile: Good luck with yours too!!!

No worries! What are you applying for? :smile:

I did yeah :smile: just pop your UCAS form and A2L application in an envelope :smile: I assume it just makes it easier :3

Aha no problem! I can relate with the feelings of uncertainty and worry with this scheme :')

No worries! What are you applying for? :smile:

I did yeah :smile: just pop your UCAS form and A2L application in an envelope :smile: I assume it just makes it easier :3

Aha no problem! I can relate with the feelings of uncertainty and worry with this scheme :')

Thanks! :biggrin: I applied for Zoology, how about you? :smile: Yeah Im just worried they might withdraw it or something if I sent the application again! :P Sounds silly! But I really love Leeds! So I'll put everything in then, thanks so much for your help! :smile: Fingers crossed for us all!
Reply 190
Original post by wisegeek
Yeah, you should definately go for it!

Make sure to read all the terms and conditions on the website and then simply apply!

My mate applied to Leeds Uni and before he could send off the Access to Leeds application, he heard from them and was unfortunately rejected. I'm confused though, as he believes that is it - he's got no chance of getting a place in the uni. But I thought that this ATL programme meant that they lowered the grade requirements :confused: So shouldn't he still be able to send off the application, so that maybe they consider him again??

Yeah I got told about the scheme post being rejected but I filled out the forms and rang them and they said it would be ok they would just reconsider you like a new applicant
Thanks! :biggrin: I applied for Zoology, how about you? :smile: Yeah Im just worried they might withdraw it or something if I sent the application again! :P Sounds silly! But I really love Leeds! So I'll put everything in then, thanks so much for your help! :smile: Fingers crossed for us all!

Oooh hehe animals :biggrin: <3

I've applied for Information Technology :biggrin: hopefully lowering my offer to BBB

Nahh they wont :biggrin: it's a pain in the butt to wait for though ¬¬ I was wayy too impatient and constantly checking my emial

Ahh no problem! Please do let me know how it all goes!

Oooh hehe animals :biggrin: &lt;3

I've applied for Information Technology :biggrin: hopefully lowering my offer to BBB

Nahh they wont :biggrin: it's a pain in the butt to wait for though ¬¬ I was wayy too impatient and constantly checking my emial

Ahh no problem! Please do let me know how it all goes!

Thanks for all your help! Yeps I love animals!:biggrin: Cool!Information Technology! Have you always wanted to do do technology? :smile: Well Ive got it filled up so I will send it tomorrow! :smile: What was your original offer if you dont mind me asking? :smile: Mine is ABB so I dont know how low they can go, I guess it depend on your situation! :biggrin: Good luck with yours too!
Thanks for all your help! Yeps I love animals!:biggrin: Cool!Information Technology! Have you always wanted to do do technology? :smile: Well Ive got it filled up so I will send it tomorrow! :smile: What was your original offer if you dont mind me asking? :smile: Mine is ABB so I dont know how low they can go, I guess it depend on your situation! :biggrin: Good luck with yours too!

Hehe me too, when I was really little I wanted to be a vet :') now I just love animals through ma kitty <3

And yesss I love IT and computing :smile: I find computers really interesting. The original offer is AAB. They seem to lower it depending on specific subject requirements although this may not be true. Like some people who are doing courses like English or a language still need an A in the A level version of it, but it may vary like you said :smile:

Awww thanks so much! :smile: :biggrin:
Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been asked, but has anybody, particularly anyone who has applied for Classical Civ, received an e-mail yet detailing the A2L module we have to do?
Reply 195
Original post by withersss
UCAS told me I was unsuccessful with my application before I sent off my A2L form, do you think I will still be accepted in? I haven't heard back from them other than that they have received my application

HEY!!
This happened to me! Contact the admissions tutor for your course and tell them about the access to leeds.

Last year, I applied and sent my UCAS application first and was waiting ages for a reference for the A2L application from my tutor. And literally the day I got the reference and was ready to send the A2L application was the day my UCAS application was rejected!

I emailed the admissions tutor and asked for feedback on why I was unsuccessful and I explained the situation with the A2L. She said that IF my A2L application was successful she'd review my application. My A2L was successful and I got a conditional offer and now i'm at leeds uni :biggrin: .. and I passed the assignments.

I would advise you to try the same but just remember that you're not guaranteed an offer if the A2L is sucessful.

Hope this helps!
what is this a2l module, like when do they send it out etcetc? im lost!
What subject module do you get if you're applying for joint honours?
Anyone applied for medicine via this access to leeds scheme??

*subscribes*
Anyone have any idea when they're going to get back to us about these modules? Want to get cracking asap!!

Latest