The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
just did the practice maths test for biology got 79% only questions I didn't get were the shapes and graph ones which isn't bad for someone who hasn't done maths in 2 years! :P :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 781
Original post by Toshiya
Same position as me, I go on the 4th of July and get back 2 days after the submission deadline :frown:
I need to pass because I think I'm gonna miss my original offer too! Good luck :biggrin:

Yeah it's scary! :colondollar: good luck too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 782
Original post by sophielorraine
I am :smile:

hey :smile:
have u started on it yet?
Reply 783
Finally finished my exams and it looks like I didn't need A2L after all, still gonna do the assignments though, they look fun :tongue:
Reply 784
Hahaha it's alright for some!
How did everyone else's exams go... I think mine went okay but I'll probably miss my original offer but 1 grade. Fingers crossed I pass both assignments then :colondollar:
Anyone else suffering from extreme writers block? ):
Reply 786
Original post by Ilovesourskittles
Anyone else suffering from extreme writers block? ):

YES, it's like I know what to do but can't write it, soo annoying!

Original post by smiles123
YES, it's like I know what to do but can't write it, soo annoying!

Yeahh that's the same problem with me!

Sooo glad I can draft it haha
Reply 788
Original post by Ilovesourskittles
Yeahh that's the same problem with me!

Sooo glad I can draft it haha

Yeah, but I don't want to send a draft which makes me look stupid hahaa!
Hey is anyone else doing the maths test for Biological Sciences on July 6th?
Reply 790
Original post by doubtful_dee
Hey is anyone else doing the maths test for Biological Sciences on July 6th?

Hey, im gonna go on either the 4th or the 6th :smile:
It's a bit Worrying even tho it's simple maths :P haha

Original post by kevin s
Hey, im gonna go on either the 4th or the 6th :smile:
It's a bit Worrying even tho it's simple maths :P haha

Eep, yes it is. I'm worried about the tiny little writing assessment too. The one that requires "no prior knowledge." Now that my exams are over and I know how much I need to pass this I'm basically pooping my pants. :tongue: Which biological science have you applied for? :smile:
I didn't take Chemistry at AS and only did combined science at GCSE and want to do biological sciences / biology at Leeds - I did get A*s in both combined sciences at GCSE but will the lack of Chemistry mean I have a much lower chance of getting on the course? And is there a better chance of getting onto one of the courses over the other??? :smile:
(I've just done Biology, Geography, Maths and Psychology AS levels)
Is the subject essay marked in the same way as the study essay (1st essay)? As in are the tutors going to mark our essay according to the 'pass' mark scheme
Reply 794
guys, how long does it take roughly to complete an assignment? I have to do two this summer but i need to get them done asap
Reply 795
Gonna have to start the assignment soon, I just really cba :'(
Reply 796
Original post by doubtful_dee
Eep, yes it is. I'm worried about the tiny little writing assessment too. The one that requires "no prior knowledge." Now that my exams are over and I know how much I need to pass this I'm basically pooping my pants. :tongue: Which biological science have you applied for? :smile:

My course is biological sciences :P its same as biology but less ecology the stuff I hate :biggrin: wbu?
Also I think the mini essay thing will be like the morals of something biology related so like give the arguments for and against genetic engineering , thats the only thing I can think of that is subject specific and doesnt require prior knowledge :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 797
Original post by georgiaroberts9
does everyone have to do a maths test?!!

If you're applying for a course in the faculty of biological sciences then I think so :smile:
Original post by DrFantastic
For Access to Leeds can anyone elaborate on the

"have no option but to attend a local uni" point. I don't get what has to be done or what position you have to be in to qualify for this point.

It can be something like needing a carer or being a carer for someone else. I think it also counts religious or social considerations. I didn't use it on my application but my parents won't let me live away to attend university because culturally it just aint the done thing in Pakistan....even though I'm british -.-
Original post by kevin s
My course is biological sciences :P its same as biology but less ecology the stuff I hate :biggrin: wbu?
Also I think the mini essay thing will be like the morals of something biology related so like give the arguments for and against genetic engineering , thats the only thing I can think of that is subject specific and doesnt require prior knowledge :smile:

Oh I considered that and thought surely that'd be too simple. I hope it is though cos then I might actually pass :P. I'll be doing Genetics which is stupid since I hate chemistry and there'll probs be quite a bit on the course. Oh well ^_^ I want the results to my study skills essay like NOW haha. What's your offer? I'm AAB without A2L

Latest