The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone. I passed too. So glad. Hope everyone else did too :smile: Anyway, I just wanted to ask a qs about the Access to Leeds scheme, if anyone knows the answer, I will be grateful when you reply :smile: Anyway, I know Access to Leeds enables a lowering of grades, but is there also a financial benefit to it? I am sure there is because I remember something regarding this when I was first applying, but I can't seem to find any mention of it now.. Does anyone know?? :smile: Thank you
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1381
Original post by rtaylor26
Just got the email! Sound Pass and Very Good Pass, so happy! :biggrin:

Wasn't expecting it until tomorrow so that was a nice surprise :smile:

Got the exact same!
Roll on thursday!
I got a sound pass on study skills and a pass on subject specific, but I'm a bit annoyed cos my boyfriend got the same last year and I put far more effort in :/ Anybody do any better?
got a very good pass in the study skills and a pass in the subject skills, i was scared i'd failed seen as i was running out of time and i doubt my a level results will be that good so hmm.
Got a sound pass on my Subject specific one and a fail on my study skills one (wrote references twice at the end by accident). Really tried for both of them but got a fail overall, they said they give out feedback in october - whats the point? It's way too late. Really wanted to go to Leeds too, I need AAA but with A2L it would have been ABB - I would have been able to get that.
What should I do now? I don't want to go to my insurance choice.
Original post by Kirkyy
Got the exact same!
Roll on thursday!

Yay! Which course have you applied for?
Got a sound pass and pass :smile: so happy!! Hopefully Thursday will go just as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1387
Does anyone know what will happen if you miss the access grade requirements by one grade? So the access is BBB but I got BBC would I still be able to get a place if I rang up and pleaded on the phone?
Original post by AmiGR
Does anyone know what will happen if you miss the access grade requirements by one grade? So the access is BBB but I got BBC would I still be able to get a place if I rang up and pleaded on the phone?

that's what im wondering, im really scared i didn't get three Bs and with it already being lower than the minimum :/
Reply 1389
Original post by cyan kat
that's what im wondering, im really scared i didn't get three Bs and with it already being lower than the minimum :/

They did say on an email they sent that they prefer to take on students who chose Leeds from the onset and missed the grades slightly then people who just ring up through clearing and wanted to go elsewhere so it would be worth giving them a call if that's the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh man.

I got an Excellent Pass on the study skills assignment and a FAIL on the subject specific module! I have no idea how that happened, I got told it was good!
got into Leeds! and didnt even need access in the end!

edit: cheers for the neg....doesn't effect my results..... :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xxrebeccabexixx
got into Leeds! and didnt even need access in the end!

edit: cheers for the neg....doesn't effect my results..... :biggrin:

Hahaha, someone negged you for this? That's pathetic! I also got in, and I would have met the standard offer too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if people who apply for access to leeds are assessed in the same manner as other applicants or are their applications assessed on an individual basis?
Original post by sandrabondaruk
Does anyone know if people who apply for access to leeds are assessed in the same manner as other applicants or are their applications assessed on an individual basis?

If you're talking about your UCAS application then yes the admissions tutors assess it in the same manner as other students. The scheme doesn't give you an advantage in obtaining an offer but does help you meet your offer by lowering your entrance requirements, assuming you pass the modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds uni should burn...

Long live rock n roll kids x
Reply 1396
do we still have to register with the uni if we took part in the A2L scheme? I'm sure we did some sort of registration thing at some point
Original post by LeonLad
do we still have to register with the uni if we took part in the A2L scheme? I'm sure we did some sort of registration thing at some point

thats what i was thinking...and ive locked my account now for some reason so maybe that was to do with it!
Original post by dulciemae
thats what i was thinking...and ive locked my account now for some reason so maybe that was to do with it!

Wait did you try and register again? I think we have to register again cos last time our course details were that we were doing A2L rather than out actual courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heythere247
Wait did you try and register again? I think we have to register again cos last time our course details were that we were doing A2L rather than out actual courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think you're right, i think i just did it too early!

Latest