The Student Room Group

possesive guys

so i dated this guy and everything was great until he started telling me who i should hang out with and what i should do and when to do it.

he started to get really jealous and thats a huge problem for me because most of my friends are guys. i have 3 older brothers and am part of a 5 man band, me being the only girl in the band. he wanted me to leave the band and to stop watching foorball and rugby. he wanted me to stop going camping and fishing with my brothers beacause it wasn't lady like. thats who i am though and i didn't want to change. eventually we broke up :frown: but i delt with it

then a few days ago this guy i'm friends with asked me out, and i like him so i agreed but he is now starting to get possesive. he also wants me to leave my band which i definitly don't want to do.

am i the problem??
is it wrong for me to be good friends with more guys than i am with girls? do i have any hope of dating this guy or any guy and still be friends with the others??
i have no idea what to do and i certainly don't want to change who i am.

any advice??????
Reply 1
Hi, no you are not the problem. You are only dating him so he has no say in who you can be friends with. Even if he was your boyfriend he still doesn't. You aren't doing anything wrong by having guy friends. You can do alot better if he is just going to boss you about.
I think you've had some bad luck on the love side, tbh.
There are guys out there who can cope with their girlfriends having guy friends, it's all about the assurance and trust between you. Once you've found a guy where that hurdle is passed, then you'll be fine.
Reply 3
thank you all for the awsum ideas and advice!!!! I think I am now ready to make a choice. :smile: you guys are all awsums!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo!!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Dolphy
thank you all for the awsum ideas and advice!!!! I think I am now ready to make a choice. :smile: you guys are all awsums!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo!!!!!

Mbambe Swaziland, with 7 posts?

:confused:

Colour me unsure that the post is very serious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending