The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Has anyone else applied to Greenwich? the task they have given me is INCREDIBLY hard and I'm stuck for ideas. How do you draw a 360 panoramic of a room that "describes me" D: help?
Is anybody going to the interview on the 11th at GSA and travelling up the day before? Would be great to know of any accommodation near by!
Reply 782
Original post by vlad.bodogan
you need to upload your portfolio on carbonmade...didn't you receive a mail with all the info?

yeah i did but the thing is it got deleted off my email and it has a link to a form you need to fill out but i can't find it because i don't have the link so i have no way of sending them my portfolio on carbonmade.com. did you get the same email? if you did please send me the link to the form. I ONLY HAVE 4 DAYS LEFT IM IN A REALLY STICKY SITUATION. i need your help.
Original post by archstudent
Anyone made an Architecture 2013 stalking page yet?

Why thank you for forcing me to waste an hour of my time!

But here it is! [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Architecture_2013_Applicant_Stalking_Page THE ARCHITECTURE 2013 APPLICANT STALKING PAGE!!!!]
Original post by Matthew_Reece

But here it is! [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Architecture_2013_Applicant_Stalking_Page THE ARCHITECTURE 2013 APPLICANT STALKING PAGE!!!!]

Yay! :awesome: Great job! Please could you add University of the Arts, London to the list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
Original post by Matthew_Reece

Reply 786
Original post by Abblecrumble
Yay! :awesome: Great job! Please could you add University of the Arts, London to the list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

added! :cookie:
Original post by Abblecrumble

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just post on here with all your info if you want me to add you to everywhere! Same for everyone else too! :smile:
Reply 788
Original post by jama mj
yeah i did but the thing is it got deleted off my email and it has a link to a form you need to fill out but i can't find it because i don't have the link so i have no way of sending them my portfolio on carbonmade.com. did you get the same email? if you did please send me the link to the form. I ONLY HAVE 4 DAYS LEFT IM IN A REALLY STICKY SITUATION. i need your help.

I copied some important parts of the email i got, should hopefully help :smile:

I have reviewed your application and would now like to invite you to submit your portfolio for consideration. Please do this by creating an online portfolio on www.carbonmade.com

Please note we are only able to review portfolios digitally, using the above website. Please do not send your portfolio by post. Please also note, the free 5 project portfolio is fine, you do not need to purchase any enhanced versions for this submission).

Instructions on how to upload your portfolio can be found on www.carbonmade.com, however if you are experiencing difficulties in collating or uploading your portfolio, please contact me on [email protected]

Once you have created your online portfolio, please submit it by completing the Architecture and Interior Architecture Portfolio Submission Form 2013 Please do not email your portfolio directly.

Following a review of your portfolio, if we feel we would like to discuss your application further, we may invite you for interview.
Reply 789
Original post by rozi16
I really regret not applying to cardiff :/
my friend applied to cardiff for chemistry and she keeps saying that its really good. Is it really that good? i didnt go to the openday so i really dont know

Honestly, I do not know. I am an international applicant, and although I visited London quite a few times, I never got a chance to visit Cardiff. But at least according to these rankings (I know, never trust the rankings) Cardiff seem to be at the top of the list.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Architecture
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-architecture

also, the university has a castle. You can't beat that.
Reply 790
Original post by jaychang
Honestly, I do not know. I am an international applicant, and although I visited London quite a few times, I never got a chance to visit Cardiff. But at least according to these rankings (I know, never trust the rankings) Cardiff seem to be at the top of the list.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Architecture
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-architecture

also, the university has a castle. You can't beat that.

true story! the castle is the reason why i applied to cardiff and newcastle!
double newcastle; a building and a name!
Reply 791
Original post by Emilyc95
I copied some important parts of the email i got, should hopefully help :smile:

I have reviewed your application and would now like to invite you to submit your portfolio for consideration. Please do this by creating an online portfolio on www.carbonmade.com

Please note we are only able to review portfolios digitally, using the above website. Please do not send your portfolio by post. Please also note, the free 5 project portfolio is fine, you do not need to purchase any enhanced versions for this submission).

Instructions on how to upload your portfolio can be found on www.carbonmade.com, however if you are experiencing difficulties in collating or uploading your portfolio, please contact me on [email protected]

Once you have created your online portfolio, please submit it by completing the Architecture and Interior Architecture Portfolio Submission Form 2013 Please do not email your portfolio directly.

Following a review of your portfolio, if we feel we would like to discuss your application further, we may invite you for interview.

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE SAVED ME! you have no idea how grateful i am for this thank you so much. you are a life saver. :biggrin:
Original post by rozi16
I really regret not applying to cardiff :/
my friend applied to cardiff for chemistry and she keeps saying that its really good. Is it really that good? i didnt go to the openday so i really dont know

I must be honest, I wasn't too impressed by Cardiff, I don't know why :confused:

I'm Welsh so I would've loved to study in my own country and Cardiff is a great city! But I just didn't feel the department on the open day, didn't feel right. There was a lot of light, and nice flooring, but other than that, it was very boring! The accommodation was just uchhh, so expensive for such a small hideous room. But the course is regarded quite highly by a lot of people and my art teacher was so pushy for me to apply there. I'm sure you'll be happy where ever you end up!
I visited the Cardiff Open Day too. The course looked very impressive and everyone I met was lovely and friendly, but I just didn't like the Campus much and the Student Union was a bit dark and dingy. Just my opinion! :smile: I've applied there because the course appealed to me.
Reply 794
Original post by ClaireRenzo
Is anybody going to the interview on the 11th at GSA and travelling up the day before? Would be great to know of any accommodation near by!

Hey, I am indeed. I come from Warwickshire and I'm just staying in a hotel, but I don't think accomodation is provided by the GSA.

Hotel isn't budget, but its very near to the school :smile:
Original post by Eugenio30
Hey, I am indeed. I come from Warwickshire and I'm just staying in a hotel, but I don't think accomodation is provided by the GSA.

Hotel isn't budget, but its very near to the school :smile:

i havent heard anything from them yet!! should i be worried
Reply 796
Original post by usernamemanresu

are you an international applicant?
i am, and I received their interview request quite a while ago
Original post by jaychang
are you an international applicant?
i am, and I received their interview request quite a while ago

no im not :frown: has anyone from the UK heard anything?
Reply 798
Original post by usernamemanresu

Don't worry mate, I applied in early September, plus they've closed up for Christmas, and they do interviews in batches so they'll offer interviews after the holidays for later dates.
Reply 799
I havent heard anything from cardiff (not even confirmation) or UCL yet and I sent my ucas off on the 27th November!

I have seen on here that people received confirmation emails/portfolio requests/bartlett task only after 1 or 2 weeks after they sent their ucas off! what shall I do?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending