The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Noodlzzz
I lived for years without wearing my -3.5. You learn to adapt. Like I would be able to recognise someone by their body language (couldn't see their face) at a distance. You just get used to that being your reality that it doesn't really cause any problems.

Just like I do. It's fun sometimes actually, but other times you want to see things and just can't do that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
I don't really understand these numbers. The higher the worse? So my -1.5 prescription is not too bad? I can't see any details without my glasses though. I've been wearing them full time for about three years now. I'd rather not, but I have contacts for that reason.
Reply 22
Original post by randomguy786
Well my prescription is only -0.50 in each eye, however I have an astigmatism. My glasses improve my vision so much, but what is the lowest prescription required to justify wearing glasses full time?

If it is just short sight you are probably OK not wearing them all the time but depends on how bad you astigmatism is.
Reply 23
Original post by randomguy786
Well my prescription is only -0.50 in each eye, however I have an astigmatism. My glasses improve my vision so much, but what is the lowest prescription required to justify wearing glasses full time?

Astigmatism distorts the vision and so you probably need to wear glasses full time. Mine is -0.50 but only for short sight and so I can go around without glasses unless I need to sharpen things up. Be guided by your optician - she/he is a professional and should be able to give the correct advice.
I’m a -0.5 and have an astigmatism and I was told I could wear them full time or just when I needed to.
Honestly I had the same question. I have hyperopia and astigmatism in both eyes, my right is worse than my left, but I'm only .5 and .75. The doctor said I could just use them for reading and stuff up close but I've noticed now two days in that when I take them off I'm uncomfortable and my eyes strain a lot to see clearly but it's still fuzzy
I think you should get them,I Know i need them as i am only 17 and have a perscription of -11 and my glasses cost like 500 dollers
i'm -5.5 (probably -6 though because that was 2 years ago and i can barely see with my glasses now :frown:) with astigmatism and i can't even read without my glasses, or even see the stairs so i have to wear them.
I think if I could bring it down to -0.5 with the overnight hard contact lenses i could go without glasses for school at least, so i'm guessing around that prescription it could be possible

Latest