The Student Room Group

Failed 1st year of university

Hi guys,

I got a problem which I really need your advices

Currently I'm studying in Uni London. My first year at uni was not good. I missed most of my classes in semester 1 but started to attend in 2nd semester. I have failed 4 modules out 6. I noticed that 2 modules were taught in 1st semester, 1 module in semster 2 and 1 whole year. My course is Managemet with Entrpeurner, so basically I don't have to sit every exams but do assignments then hand it in at class (and some fagger in my group didn't allow me to hand in together so I got 0 in that assignment, even though I did workds and emailed him) So I got some questions:

- Today, my record updated that my current status is Excluded, I don't know but I think it means that I was kicked out. Is it true?

- But last time when I gave a call to my uni, they said that I had to retake the whole year again not kick out. So I want to ask if I have to retake the whole year, does my fee increase? (I'm EU Student)

- If I was kicked out, is there anything I can do right now? I mean anything, even retake whole year.

So guys, please helppp! Thank you so muchh!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
If you had a personal adviser you should email them and ask what your possibilities are. If not, then ring the uni again and ask about your status and who to talk to, to sort things out.
Reply 2
thanks, does the registry office deal with this kind of stuff ?
Reply 3
Did you have a valid reason for missing so much of your first year? If not, then chances are they would have kicked you out.
Reply 4
I think i do not have a valid reason but i only missed my 1st semester which i didnt notice was the most important..
Reply 5
Sorry but if you're paying money to go to university and not attend.. your stupidity took your place.
Enjoy your debt bruv.
Reply 7
Original post by Alex3r3
Sorry but if you're paying money to go to university and not attend.. your stupidity took your place.

I asked for HELP, so if you can't help me, just don't say anth. I'm in a bad mood atm so pls dont say that kind of stuffs. Cheers!
Reply 8
Original post by diwo126
Hi guys,

I got a problem which I really need your advices

Currently I'm studying in Uni London. My first year at uni was not good. I missed most of my classes in semester 1 but started to attend in 2nd semester. I have failed 4 modules out 6. I noticed that 2 modules were taught in 1st semester, 1 module in semster 2 and 1 whole year. My course is Managemet with Entrpeurner, so basically I don't have to sit every exams but do assignments then hand it in at class (and some fagger in my group didn't allow me to hand in together so I got 0 in that assignment, even though I did workds and emailed him) So I got some questions:

- Today, my record updated that my current status is Excluded, I don't know but I think it means that I was kicked out. Is it true?

- But last time when I gave a call to my uni, they said that I had to retake the whole year again not kick out. So I want to ask if I have to retake the whole year, does my fee increase? (I'm EU Student)

- If I was kicked out, is there anything I can do right now? I mean anything, even retake whole year.

So guys, please helppp! Thank you so muchh!!!

I agree with the other poster. If possible, try and fabricate some extenuating circumstances if you can. Do what ever it takes to get the degree.
Reply 9
Don't bother filing for extenuating circumstances - you don't have a valid reason and you shouldn't abuse the system and make up some crap to stay there. Besides your university may not even accept it seeing as you'll be filing for one after you received your results.

Talk to your personal tutor to see if you are actually allowed to retake the year. If they kick you out, tough luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending