The Student Room Group

Interview/Assessment at Boots

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys basically I went to boots and asked to do 2 weeks work experience because I want to do dentistry and work experience in a pharmacy or somewhere like boots is good. Do you think at the end of it if I be really good I could ask the manager for a job there? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Good luck with the assessment, it seems the interview does vary from store to store. I've been working at Boots a week now, and so far I am enjoying it!
Reply 42
Do u think when applying to boots work experience at the company is an added bonus? Thanks

Reply 43
I applied for a job there, got an email saying I'd gotten through the first stage and just had to fill out the most tedious of online application forms. There was at least seventy questions and the answers were so similar and often repeated - you'd think I was applying for a job as a surgeon! Worst part is, I went into boots today and the workers weren't doing any of the things that the application form said - they were all just stood around talking, so annoying. Still hoping I get it though, would love it.
Reply 44
Original post by Deziah
I applied for a job there, got an email saying I'd gotten through the first stage and just had to fill out the most tedious of online application forms. There was at least seventy questions and the answers were so similar and often repeated - you'd think I was applying for a job as a surgeon! Worst part is, I went into boots today and the workers weren't doing any of the things that the application form said - they were all just stood around talking, so annoying. Still hoping I get it though, would love it.

So true! At my work experience most of the staff just stayed in the stock room or staff room all day! The service wasn't exceptional as well! Makes me wonder how they get these jobs!!

Reply 45
I applied for the regent street position :/ so really hoping tht I get this !

Reply 46
Original post by acer0951
So true! At my work experience most of the staff just stayed in the stock room or staff room all day! The service wasn't exceptional as well! Makes me wonder how they get these jobs!!

It's so annoying. I've applied for a job at a make up counter, and the job specification said hard working, motivated and sales driven. I walked into boots yesterday, at the busiest time of day, and the workers at the make up counters were just stood talking and you could actually hear their conversations, and they weren't about make up.
hey !, i applied for boots on the off chance last week then was asked to do the online test, got a phone call yesterday (Sunday) at like 7 at night asking if i could come into the shop for an interview today at 5pm!. NO TIME TO PREPARE, reading over all the posts is scaring me i get nervous so easily!, really want to do it but setting up to fail here!!. also the shifts are like 8pm start till 1am , the shop closes at 8 what do they do for 5 hours?? ;ol. helpp meeeeee. tips WELCOME.
Reply 48
Original post by Deziah
It's so annoying. I've applied for a job at a make up counter, and the job specification said hard working, motivated and sales driven. I walked into boots yesterday, at the busiest time of day, and the workers at the make up counters were just stood talking and you could actually hear their conversations, and they weren't about make up.

I just walked out of my work experience today because I felt that I had learnt enough as I was probably doing the best job compared to all the other people working at that store! Some of the staff just randomly walk off and the staff do not follow the expectations that were listed on the website!

Reply 49
Original post by jodied1992x
hey !, i applied for boots on the off chance last week then was asked to do the online test, got a phone call yesterday (Sunday) at like 7 at night asking if i could come into the shop for an interview today at 5pm!. NO TIME TO PREPARE, reading over all the posts is scaring me i get nervous so easily!, really want to do it but setting up to fail here!!. also the shifts are like 8pm start till 1am , the shop closes at 8 what do they do for 5 hours?? ;ol. helpp meeeeee. tips WELCOME.

How did you pass the online assessment, where you answers more hard working based or team work/friendly based?
Original post by Swindon
How did you pass the online assessment, where you answers more hard working based or team work/friendly based?

Hey!. both to be honest there's like 50 questions all on different titles i.e customer, staff personal profile etc, there were two answers per question (least and most) 4 options of answers , given a scenario for example if you were helping a customer and a staff member needed your assistance would you ; leave the customer and go help the staff member ( you would click least) would you excuse yourself from the staff member and continue helping the customer (you would click most) if you get me, they are all real simple and the interview is a doddle !! online test is probably the most challenging thing about it and its really easy !, just had my interview and didnt need to find any paracetamol (even though i triple checked where it was before i had the interview lol) had to ask customers to smell a perfume, had to talk about a foundation and try and sell it to my interviewer ect. :smile:.. but you need to apply for the job then they will email you a message saying you have passed stage 1 and you need to log on to the job site for boots and complete the online test (part 2) then if you pass that you are invited to book an interview although i didnt need to book mine they called me last night at 7pm for an interview today at 5pm :smile: ! good luck xx
Reply 51
Original post by Swindon

You have to go for the team work/friendly/sociable personality! Follow the job description :smile:
Reply 52
People need to know that if you didn't get past the questionnaire stage its not because you didn't do it right, its probably because of the number of applicants. I applied loads and kept getting rejected but on a one off chance I got an interview. Boots get so many applicants for each job and they only interview about 10 at most. Make sure you apply as soon as the job is up and you should get an interview :smile:
Original post by cat_lover
I have an interview this Saturday and I would rather work there than McDonalds which I have a job offer for now. Has anyone had a recent interview at Boots? What is it like?

I just had it, and they told me right after I have the job :smile:

First they ask you a lot of questions about situations you have helped people in, and the standard questions about why you want to work there.
Then they take you to the shop floor, the interviewer is watching you the whole time. You are timed as you are told to find them a particular product. Then you have to sell them a product of your choice and say how it would be useful for someone old/young. Then you have to give out some hand cream to three women. Then you have to say how you would improve an isle. Then you have to comment on people in the store and say if they seem confident or not and how you can tell.
Reply 54
Hi there I read this page when I had my interview with Boots in Birmingham after choosing a interview time and day. I went along quite nervous after reading some of the messages on here but prepared myself for the worst then if it wasn't that would be a bonus. My interview was supposed to be with a man but a woman told me she would be interviewing me. That put me more at ease. She was very friendly.

First was me giving her my passport to photocopy then she asked the following questions:

Why do I want to work at Boots
A time when I helped someone
A time when I used team support

Then I had to go on shop floor. I had to go up to a customer and see what help I could give her. First customer said she didn't need any help second one said shes not sure which body scrub she should use. I asked her skin type and looked at her product. She likes to scrub her face everyday but I told her she doesnt need to do that everyday with her skin type but product doesnt state how many times a week you use it anyway. I said if she wants anymore help to let me know. The interviewer said I did very well and then she asked me what my choosen product was. I said vasaline and she asked why I said because it has so many uses lips eyebrows even eyelashes my nan told me. She laughed said ok next I had to pick people who looked confident and ones who wasnt. I said one man looking at perfumes but looks unsure maybe his buying one for his wife for christimas but not sure which one to get her. Another lady looked confident by the make up section she looked like she knew what she hadin mind to buy. Then she asked me what I would do to a shelve I tidied it up and pointed out someone had put shampoos under a different product name. She liked that. Then she asked me to come back upstairs.

She told me I had done very well and she offered me job straight away. So I must say it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It does depend though on who you get I think as well she was really nice and put me at ease. I would advise do your reseach and smile be polite and you cannot go wrong. Dont give up I have applied loads of times online this is first time I have gotten so far. All the best.
I have an interview tomorrow as a fragrance consultant at boots. Any advice or tips?
Reply 56
Original post by barbzwithtatts
I have an interview tomorrow as a fragrance consultant at boots. Any advice or tips?

Good luck :smile: I am doing an online test..

I wish to be a makeup consultant, but now I apply for customer service, basicly.

i AM really nervous, because my english is poor and I forgot one word and I am stuck :frown: But I wish go to interview face to face .. eh I am afraid about that I will dont understand some words from interviewer.
(edited 10 years ago)
hello everyone,

i have applied at boots as a dispensing assistant this mornimg and shortly received a reply from boots with online assessment test , any tips for the next step thats interview?
I had an interview at my local boots yesterday and despite the fact that the interview was supposed to last for an hour, it took about 10 minutes and I was asked none of the hypothetical questions or to do shop floor activities that I have read about/expecting. Do you think this means I haven't got the job at all? He explained all of the training process to me and told me when it would be if I were successful but I will only find out if I have the job tomorrow :frown: I feel so disheartened
Original post by pinkhighlighter6
I had an interview at my local boots yesterday and despite the fact that the interview was supposed to last for an hour, it took about 10 minutes and I was asked none of the hypothetical questions or to do shop floor activities that I have read about/expecting. Do you think this means I haven't got the job at all? He explained all of the training process to me and told me when it would be if I were successful but I will only find out if I have the job tomorrow :frown: I feel so disheartened

Hi, did you get an update on the job from the employer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending