The Student Room Group

Insurance Friendly Mods?

Hello all, new to this site, im 19 and currently running my first car, a 98' Micra K11 1.0L, had it for a week now.
Im insured with co-op young drivers, box is to be fitted next week. I was just wondering, read a cuple of other forums i found on google about insurance friendly mods. Well co-op doesnt cover NO mods at all other than manufacture standard.

Thing is, my micra has some nissan micra alloy wheels on it, there 13" i think, how do i know if this is manufacture standard? As they are micra standard alloy wheels?

The car has had 5 previous owners btw. If there are micra alloy wheels on the car, does that mean it prob was manufacture standard? I've seen quite a lot of 98 and 99 micra's that have the same alloys on em, so must've off been manufacture standard? Was just wondering if the standard alloys are considered a 'mod'. Thanks
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry, if they are regular micra alloys they might have been part of the spec or an extra from the factory.

It's not like you have fitted some 17's or anything lol
Lol true, yh so aslong as they are micra alloy wheels i shud be okay?

what happens in a claim they investigate and find out that they werent factory spec? wudnt be my fault as i thought they orignal and plus im like 6th owner they'l still pay out?

cheers
Reply 3
Original post by PataynaRolaay
Lol true, yh so aslong as they are micra alloy wheels i shud be okay?

what happens in a claim they investigate and find out that they werent factory spec? wudnt be my fault as i thought they orignal and plus im like 6th owner they'l still pay out?

cheers

Call your insurance company and voice your query with them, they will be able to give you an answer. Chances are there's nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending