The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Standard Accommodation

Reading through the forum there are lots of threads about the new accommodation, to which there are some useful answers, however there isn't much for those of use looking for the box standard rooms.
i just wanted to ask which colleges you would recommend applying to and why for standard accommodation.
Are all of the kitchens and corridor sizes the same etc... and anything else that would be useful to know.
with thanks, Rob.x.
Some kitchens are bigger than others, and some kitchens have larger amounts of people sharing them.

As far as I'm aware, Grizedale is a good college for standard accomodation. However, the old blocks are getting demolished next year, so I'm not too sure what next year's accomodation will be like.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
County main rooms are standard (just a sink in the room) I think the kitchens are shared by about 20 students but they are big kitchens and you get 3 fridges/ 3 cookers etc.
Reply 3
grizedale is being refurbished next year so there wont be many rooms but most of the freshers will be put in the pendle blocks that grizedale are borrowing whilst the work is being done. Pendle has standard rooms that are nicer than Grizedale- plaster on the walls! the rest of the freshers will be spread out in other colleges accomodation (mainly bowland and county i think)
Just apply to colleges which have standard rooms, (It should say on the guide to colleges booklet that you'll get when asked to decide the colleges,) and specify a standard room. They should put you in one.
R6556jf
Reading through the forum there are lots of threads about the new accommodation, to which there are some useful answers, however there isn't much for those of use looking for the box standard rooms.
i just wanted to ask which colleges you would recommend applying to and why for standard accommodation.
Are all of the kitchens and corridor sizes the same etc... and anything else that would be useful to know.
with thanks, Rob.x.

Pendle College has good standard rooms. I'm in one right now as I write this!
Reply 6
danjc
Pendle College has good standard rooms. I'm in one right now as I write this!

Don't know about rooms, but i'll have to admit that Pendle has got a very nice bar. Went down for the first time on Monday and i have to say it was impressive, I prefer it to Bowland and County. Not been to any others though.

Latest

Trending

Trending