The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Just took the EY Strengths Assessment after my application. Do many people get rejected after this? I answered honestly and so I can only hope for the best.
Just back from my PwC AC. Exhausted! Not sure how it went.
Reply 182
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Just got back from my KPMG one. Didn't even complete my report! Got cut off mid sentence (bad time management!). Wrote about 500-600 words tho so hopefully don't get marked down too badly. e-Tray was alright, completed everything but not sure if it was what they were looking for with the emails I had to compose.

Best of luck to you tho.
11 days ago I got an email from EY inviting me to an AC and saying that someone should be in contact with me "shortly". But I haven't heard anything since then... should I be getting worried? :s
woo passed my pwc online assessment! Telephone interview on the 9th. This is for audit vacation scheme in london. Any tips?
Reply 185
Original post by rubberdam123
woo passed my pwc online assessment! Telephone interview on the 9th. This is for audit vacation scheme in london. Any tips?

practice, prepare answers for obvious questions (use google)
Reply 186
Any PWC AC experiences? (assurance london)
KPMG interview was crap. Should have used better examples. :colonhash:
Reply 188
Got KPMG Audit Vac. scheme! Thanks to everyone on this thread and good luck with your applications. Gonna stop applying at professional services firms and just do banking applications now.
Original post by LZRSWRD
Got KPMG Audit Vac. scheme! Thanks to everyone on this thread and good luck with your applications. Gonna stop applying at professional services firms and just do banking applications now.

Congratulations, man! :h:
Deloitte final interview on the 19th
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 191
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Any pointers? Heard back yet?
Accepted onto Deloitte 2013 summer vac scheme :smile: If you want any tips quote me but do not PM as I wont reply!
Original post by hypercaine.
Accepted onto Deloitte 2013 summer vac scheme :smile: If you want any tips quote me but do not PM as I wont reply!

Congrats! How was the interview!

I just got this 3 days after the written excercise...
Does this mean I passed?

'I am pleased to confirm that you have successfully completed our e-tray exercise, congratulations!

We will be in touch shortly with regards to the next stage of our recruitment process.'

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Student1234567
Congrats! How was the interview!

I just got this 3 days after the written excercise...
Does this mean I passed?

'I am pleased to confirm that you have successfully completed our e-tray exercise, congratulations!

We will be in touch shortly with regards to the next stage of our recruitment process.'

Thanks, the interview was good, pretty relaxed and I had a friendly interviewer which was also good. Its not too long either, E&Y one was much longer in terms of the amount of questions asked. Yeah that means you should be invited to an interview shortly, so good luck!
Thanks, the interview was good, pretty relaxed and I had a friendly interviewer which was also good. Its not too long either, E&Y one was much longer in terms of the amount of questions asked. Yeah that means you should be invited to an interview shortly, so good luck!

Ah that doesn't sound too daunting then.
It must feel so nice to have an offer! Which department is it? Are you applying for IB internships too?
Well I got rejected from PwC and EY so fingers crossed for Deloitte.

Do you mind telling us what sort of questions they asked (if you remember!)? Was it all competency based? Sounds like it will be from the website but that seems a bit strange as there is only one interview.
Sorry for all the questions.

Original post by Student1234567
Ah that doesn't sound too daunting then.
It must feel so nice to have an offer! Which department is it? Are you applying for IB internships too?
Well I got rejected from PwC and EY so fingers crossed for Deloitte.

Do you mind telling us what sort of questions they asked (if you remember!)? Was it all competency based? Sounds like it will be from the website but that seems a bit strange as there is only one interview.
Sorry for all the questions.

Yeah its fine, relatively pain free :tongue: I also got rejected by E&Y and PwC (E&Y after interview although it was my first ever one and PwC after telephone interview) Yeah im applying for IBs too, dunno whether to pursue them now though as I have this offer, seems like a better environment than in IB too.
It was purely competency based, yeah its all on their website including the competencies theyre looking for; theyre not trying to catch you out or trip you up.
Yeah its fine, relatively pain free :tongue: I also got rejected by E&Y and PwC (E&Y after interview although it was my first ever one and PwC after telephone interview) Yeah im applying for IBs too, dunno whether to pursue them now though as I have this offer, seems like a better environment than in IB too.
It was purely competency based, yeah its all on their website including the competencies theyre looking for; theyre not trying to catch you out or trip you up.

Ok thanks so much for your help!

Do Deloitte ring you to arrange interview?
(edited 11 years ago)
Does any of the top 4 have off-cycle internships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending