The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by La_Chiquita
I wouldn't worry. Toxicity is more likely in elderly people, which is why now in hospitals they use weight when dosing. If you're healthy etc, no underlying chronic conditions...the maximum dosage for a healthy adult is 4 grams, so 4 1grams or 8 500mg, every 4-6 hours, so even if you took 4 x 1000mg you'd still be within the safe doses for a 24 hour period. It was a bit close together but I still, I doubt you'd get any problems. Toxicity is usually delayed anyway so just don't have anymore, and keep an eye on how you feel.

You what?
Original post by RollerBall
You what?

I meant 2 500 or 1 x 1gram every 4 to 6 hours :P
Reply 22
You are fine ! Just take more care next time !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by La_Chiquita
I meant 2 500 or 1 x 1gram every 4 to 6 hours :P

Right okay, that makes sense, standard OTC dose.
Original post by CallieCat
It's delayed liver damage that it can cause, so OP might not have any side-effects for a few days...

Yeah but it's not gonna be an issue with 4 tablets, delayed liver damage is only an issue with a major overdose or long-term overdosing.
Reply 25
I'm also a bit worried. I'm 16 and I have terrible period pains so I took 2 paracetamol like I always do but 20-30 mins later I was sick and went to sleep for another half an hour then took two more as the pains where unbearable. Just wondering is that okay as I'm worried
Original post by louise17
I'm also a bit worried. I'm 16 and I have terrible period pains so I took 2 paracetamol like I always do but 20-30 mins later I was sick and went to sleep for another half an hour then took two more as the pains where unbearable. Just wondering is that okay as I'm worried

You'll be fine. Just don't take the next dose and make sure you're not taking more than 4g (8x500mg) in 24 hours.

Alternatively, you can take ibuprofen in between your paracetamol doses for extra pain relief.
Reply 27
Oh my God don't worry honey just drink loss of Water you may feel a bit fatigued but don't let it stop you. Baby girl focus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest