Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
"Maths" and "boring" are oxymoron's :tongue:

Indeed they are :P well... Some primitive low lifes try to mix the two :frown:
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2031837

Then people's malice was rampantly profuse amongst other areas of the forum.

:rolleyes:

Wow.. I just read the thing.. And those articles on those boy genius's! That's frightening :frown: boy studying maths at Cambridge at 14 :frown: why? :frown:

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Okay, I'll stay with C1&2 and M1&2 and start looking at S1&2 :biggrin: ahah :wink: very good :biggrin: just peeking ahead :P
How are.you consuming time now that you're free :biggrin:

That sounds good :smile: at the moment, I'm watching big bang theory :smile: but these days I'm doing 3 hours of maths everyday, working and reading my books :smile: along with seeing my girlfriend :smile: you?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Wow.. I just read the thing.. And those articles on those boy genius's! That's frightening :frown: boy studying maths at Cambridge at 14 :frown: why? :frown:

That sounds good :smile: at the moment, I'm watching big bang theory :smile: but these days I'm doing 3 hours of maths everyday, working and reading my books :smile: along with seeing my girlfriend :smile: you?

Aaah, the Big Bang Theory :P entertained? Wahoo!! Maths :biggrin: <3 and that sounds like a good way to make time pass... I on the other hand am on work experience at the moment and then two weeks left of school... :frown: gone so fast :O then Ramadan... Maths and year 11 :P
Aaah, the Big Bang Theory :P entertained? Wahoo!! Maths :biggrin: <3 and that sounds like a good way to make time pass... I on the other hand am on work experience at the moment and then two weeks left of school... :frown: gone so fast :O then Ramadan... Maths and year 11 :P

Good old Shldon Cooper :biggrin: what're you doing for work experience? :smile:
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
Ah yes, but those individuals are 2-3/ millions. To eke, they've been tutored and pedagogically informed.

I know but still.... There are some out there........:cry2:
Damn, I missed the switchover! :ninja:
Original post by Pandora.
Damn, I missed the switchover! :ninja:

I got the 10000th post (but it wasn't the last post :frown: ) :awesome:

Almost finished C4 now :smile:
I know but still.... There are some out there........:cry2:

xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Ah, very good! :smile: for now, I'd recommend staying on C1&2, and focussing on a couple of applied modules before moving onto C3 though :smile: Bore me with Maths? You clearly don't know me... :h:

Remarkably stuff I have learnt in my Further Maths GCSE lessons was in a Pure Core 4 paper:colondollar:
I've started looking at C3 mainly functions and their inverse and domain and ranges just to ease my way in :P then I'll go through the harder things later :smile:

If you're referencing WJEC and finding that functions aren't particularly challenging, then you'll have no worries in tackling the rest of the C3 content.
Hey guys! :biggrin: Just to let you know, you have to nominate people for the awards by tomorrow :smile: Loz has only had 6 nominations so far so we really need some more (especially from the "old" people on the thread :tongue:)

Erm cba with that lol, I nominate you and CharlieBroadman as the Maths guys :wink:

Almost finished C4 now :smile:

You seriously need to do some past papers before you move on!! You have no conclusive indication as to where you're at! That would frustrate me so much.

Original post by Dalek1099
Remarkably stuff I have learnt in my Further Maths GCSE lessons was in a Pure Core 4 paper:colondollar:

Which content?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Erm cba with that lol, I nominate you and CharlieBroadman as the Maths guys :wink:

I joke of course :biggrin:

But you should try to allocate members to as many category's as possible! :smile:

EDIT: And its CharlieBoardman! -.-
(edited 11 years ago)
You seriously need to do some past papers before you move on!! You have no conclusive indication as to where you're at! That would frustrate me so much.

Oh, I did a C3 paper yesterday, didn't I say? :tongue: I scored 67/75 which I was content with but I really need to go over some trig stuff again :tongue:

I joke of course :biggrin:

But you should try to allocate members to as many category's as possible! :smile:

:lol: In all honesty though, I don't deserve the maths award. There are three people here who I think deserve it (I'll say who after the results have been announced tomorrow :tongue:)
Oh, I did a C3 paper yesterday, didn't I say? :tongue: I scored 67/75 which I was content with but I really need to go over some trig stuff again :tongue:

:lol: In all honesty though, I don't deserve the maths award. There are three people here who I think deserve it (I'll say who after the results have been announced tomorrow :tongue:)

No - you didn't tell me! Well done, that's great! :smile:

And Usy. You definitely are worthy of the award! There are many people here who're great at maths though :frown:
Original post by xAlice95
Yeah I see what you mean, in a way I'm glad my family doesn't have a business cause although it must have it's perks, I'm happy (no it's over anyway) that I had to go and find my own job and have an interview and stuff as i think it's given me more confidence and kinda prepared me for when I want a job when I'm older and actually need one. :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Precisely! :biggrin: I feel like sometimes I don't get a proper working experience but then I try very hard to pull my weight like a normal member of staff. I hate to feel as if I can do what I like compared to the other staff and so I try to 'fit in' lol. What kind of career do you want in the future?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
I nominate charlie + above.the.empyan for maths/sciences/oxbridge/members most likely to be rich/whatever else there is :smile:
Original post by Iliketoeat123
I nominate charlie + above.the.empyan for maths/sciences/oxbridge/members most likely to be rich/whatever else there is :smile:

You're not supposed to tell yet! :eek:

But thank you :h:

Latest