The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
rashid1988
What a dumbass, we all have fears and are scared of things foolish one. Like the fact that you're scared of intelligence/ knowledge. Or maybe its just repelled by you, you know, like oil and water. I'd like to see you get bitten by a dog that was bigger than you when you were like 9.

HA me im not afraid of anything you on the other hand are afraid of the quran/allah and mohammed and i have yet to see anything from you that suggests you would stand up for yourself against them/ or when the quran goes against your interests.

stop being such a wimp and stopping trying to find ecuses not to stand up for yourself agaionst the quran/mohammed and islam
massimo
HA me im not afraid of anything you on the other hand are afraid of the quran/allah and mohammed and i have yet to see anything from you that suggests you would stand up for yourself against them/ or when the quran goes against your interests.

stop being such a wimp and stopping trying to find ecuses not to stand up for yourself agaionst the quran/mohammed and islam

You make me laugh hahahahaha! ROFL! Why would i be afraid of the Qur'an/ Muhammed (SAW) or something i believe in for that matter?
Why would i find excuses not to stand up? you seem to think that we're controlled like puppets, i am of my own mind.

But yeah there are some dogs that are cool... Like Johnny :cool: (Sorry it bears no relevance but i couldn't resist!)
He's like the only pooch that i like. Question: Do you have pets?

And i'm sure there are some things that you are afraid of... :rolleyes:
Reply 42
You make me laugh hahahahaha! ROFL! Why would i be afraid of the Qur'an/ Muhammed (SAW) or something i believe in for that matter?
so why dont you accept interest on your money in your bank ?? would ibe because your afraid to stand upto thequran when it says that muslims cant receive pay interest
massimo
so why dont you accept interest on your money in your bank ?? would ibe because your afraid to stand upto thequran when it says that muslims cant receive pay interest

Because i don't believe in making money out of giving/ lending/ borrowing money. Frankly, i agree with what the Qur'an says on this one... It just seems right not to take extra money for nothing even though the value of the money is predicted to depreciate over time.
Yeah I think the same. So I steal from Blockbuster.
Blockbuster do sweets now. Who the **** wants to rent a packet of maltesers?
cheesecakebobby
Yeah I think the same. So I steal from Blockbuster.

What about traffic signs? :wink:
Reply 47
rashid1988
Because i don't believe in making money out of giving/ lending/ borrowing money. Frankly, i agree with what the Qur'an says on this one... It just seems right not to take extra money for nothing even though the value of the money is predicted to depreciate over time.
and i assume you have an alternative realistic system that you would all like to share with us
Reply 48
massimo
and i assume you have an alternative realistic system that you would all like to share with us

If someone has an ethical problem with taking interest, that's their decision to make. It doesn't affect the fact that interest will be made- the bank can just spend it elsewhere.
massimo

Well yes, the bank adds interest. We take the interest and do certain tasks (selected ones only... I think there are some things that interest can be used for) to help the needy. For example my father's family/ background is not well-to-do or towards the poorer side of society and their house roof needed fixing. With our interest money we helped them fix it up.

Besides, it's fine to have your views... But please don't attempt to impose them on me. In which case you just become another one of the 'preachers' you so despise. I think i'm gonna call you Abu-massimo from now on hehe :rolleyes:
Reply 50
Humra
Eh? I know lots of Muslims who have dogs and they are kept for security reasons, pets etc... I have no idea where you get this information, but PLEASE stop embarrasing yourself!

My friends Muslim and she said that Muslims see dogs as unhygenic, I suppose its every family to their own though:p:
Reply 51
goodLife
My friends Muslim and she said that Muslims see dogs as unhygenic, I suppose its every family to their own though:p:

My friend's a dog and he said he sees Muslims as unhygenic.:biggrin: (He's a talking dog BTW)
Reply 52
Howard
My friend's a dog and he said he sees Muslims as unhygenic.:biggrin: (He's a talking dog BTW)
lol :smile:

My friends Muslim and she said that Muslims see dogs as unhygenic, I suppose its every family to their own though
then ask them why do the chrsitians,jews,seihs,hindus, buddhists and the rest of the entire world disagree and if you really want to catch them out ask them if a dog that has just got out of the bath dirty !!??
Reply 53
massimo
then ask them why do the chrsitians,jews,seihs,hindus, buddhists and the rest of the entire world disagree and if you really want to catch them out ask them if a dog that has just got out of the bath dirty !!??

I assume you've conducted a worldwide survey which has shown that only Muslims think dgos are dirty then? Despite the fact that most people recognise that any animal which delights in rolling around in manure is somewhat dirty.

I assume your question was meant to read "Ask them if a dog that has just got out of the bath is dirty?"
I doubt Muslims would class it as dirty then. But the problem is, dogs don't spend their lives in baths, do they? No, they spend most of their time OUT of baths, occasionally washing themselves with their tongues. This in itself makes them unhygienic.
And, as a matter of fact, a dog would still be dirty after a bath - carnivores tend to have highly dangerous bacteria in their saliva as a result of eating pretty much anything and also using their tongue, rather than toilet paper, if you catch my meaning.
Reply 54
massimo
lol :smile:

So what if they don't like dogs, how does it effect you or anyone you know in any way?

Heres a question for you: what do you have against Muslims, have you even met one in person? No, didn't think so.
IBTL. Massimo, i think many people have debunked this madness of yours and on this thread we've seen Christians and Atheists showing their dislike of dogs. And you also have me, a muslim, saying that I have nothing against dogs. The point has been made, and many have proved you wrong. Stop this futility.
massimo
how come christians,jews,seikhs,hindus & the entire world are ok with dogs but muslims ?

Because we are special

Also why do you think is better to look after animals than your own parents? I don't understand why you abandon your parents and send them to one of those houses.
Bismarck
Most Arabs actually do look down on dogs (since most dogs in Arabia were scavengers), and since this became a part of Islam through the hadiths, many devout Muslims will refuse to come into contact with one. I believe there's also a part of the Quran that states that all dogs with spots (i.e. not purely black) should be hunted down and killed (because they're jinns or some such). The moderate Muslims understand that this was due to 7th century circumstances and shouldn't really be applied today, but the more fundamentalist ones don't take such a pragmatic view.

What a load of nonsense. There is a hadith about a person who was admitted to paradise for filling their shoe with water in order to give to a thirsty dog. I have seen no mention about non-black dogs being damned in the Quran and i doubt there is anything regarding this. Dogs are permitted as guard dogs, security purposes and for being an aid to blind people and if that is the case, Islam requires the owner to treat the dog with kindness. However, Islam does discourage Muslims to own a dog for the main reasons of being a pet only due to cleanliness.
digitalparadox
What a load of nonsense. There is a hadith about a person who was admitted to paradise for filling their shoe with water in order to give to a thirsty dog. I have seen no mention about non-black dogs being damned in the Quran and i doubt there is anything regarding this. Dogs are permitted as guard dogs, security purposes and for being an aid to blind people and if that is the case, Islam requires the owner to treat the dog with kindness. However, Islam does discourage Muslims to own a dog for the main reasons of being a pet only due to cleanliness.

al-hamdulilah, good post
whats wrong with not liking dogs? i think they're disgusting creatures personally. and they smell. regardless of whether they've just got out the bath or not...cos it's really clean when they shake all that water out of their fur all over your clean bathroom tiles isn't it :rolleyes:

oh, and i'm not a muslim.

(btw, i don't get it...is the OP anti-muslim, or is this his/her demonstration of an unhealthy obsession with dogs? :confused: )

Latest

Trending

Trending