The Student Room Group

CIA agent speaks out on Roswell - 'It really happened'

"A long-serving CIA agent has spoken out on the 65th anniversary of the Roswell Incident to reveal a hidden CIA file on the 'UFO' that was supposedly found at the site - and says, 'It really happened.'"

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2170831/Roswell-UFO-landing-CIA-agent-Chase-Brandon-speaks-65th-anniversary.html

I know it's the Daily Mail but still - it makes you think. Did it really happen or is it a load of crap?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol, "the Daily Mail" and "source" together. Doesn't really work unless it has "is a ****".

Load of crap in my opinion.
well seeing as the air force were the ones who took charge of the Roswell incident i don't see how him being in the CIA means much, they don't tend to share secrets unless absolutely necessary. The whole top secret weather balloon story probably is rubbish but that doesn't automatically mean it must of been aliens. It was probably something they were testing that they didn't want the public to know about for security reasons.
Reply 3
Sigh, these so called "CIA" people or "Nasa" scientists are usually either out for some fame or are disgruntled Janitors that got fired.
Reply 4
Original post by wibletg
"A long-serving CIA agent has spoken out on the 65th anniversary of the Roswell Incident to reveal a hidden CIA file on the 'UFO' that was supposedly found at the site - and says, 'It really happened.'"

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2170831/Roswell-UFO-landing-CIA-agent-Chase-Brandon-speaks-65th-anniversary.html

I know it's the Daily Mail but still - it makes you think. Did it really happen or is it a load of crap?

65 years ago.

He must have been at least 20 to be working at the agency and be entrusted with such a big deal.

Was the guy in the interview 85????????????????????????
Reply 5
It does like like a lot of rubbish when he's promoting a book but you never know lol
He wouldn't have clearance to know these things, and if he did he'd probably be well aware of the lengths the CIA will go to keep things quiet. He'd have caught a bullet long before he got the chance to sit down with a journo.

I think we would have seen significant in roads made into space travel had a alien craft which could only have come from a stupid distance away made it to Earth. Some reverse engineering and such, I think we would have made it further than the Moon.
Reply 7
seems legit.
Reply 8
We know it happened, tell us something new!
Reply 9
Since its the Daily Mail I'm a little sceptical.
I love Daily Mail commenters. This one is great:

Meanwhile back on planet Earth, My home town London is over run with aliens free to roam around as they see fit and the government do nothing about it...hmmm
Original post by Arturo Bandini
I love Daily Mail commenters. This one is great:

Meanwhile back on planet Earth, My home town London is over run with aliens free to roam around as they see fit and the government do nothing about it...hmmm

Found another:
"For heavens sake, dont tell them about our benefits system.
- Mrs A, LEEDS"

I love how they must incorporate British "problems" into absolutely anything, no matter how unrelated it is.

As if immigration is our biggest problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel
He wouldn't have clearance to know these things, and if he did he'd probably be well aware of the lengths the CIA will go to keep things quiet. He'd have caught a bullet long before he got the chance to sit down with a journo.

I think we would have seen significant in roads made into space travel had a alien craft which could only have come from a stupid distance away made it to Earth. Some reverse engineering and such, I think we would have made it further than the Moon.

On another note, it could be that the US is letting him perpetuate the myth, like they helped perpetuate the myth during the cold war.

If enough people think there are UFO's, it helps with making new planes. Can't remember the reasons exactly why, but the USA loved that myth during the cold war
Original post by Darth Stewie
well seeing as the air force were the ones who took charge of the Roswell incident i don't see how him being in the CIA means much, they don't tend to share secrets unless absolutely necessary. The whole top secret weather balloon story probably is rubbish but that doesn't automatically mean it must of been aliens. It was probably something they were testing that they didn't want the public to know about for security reasons.

Actually, the CIA pretty much run area 51 even though it is physically run by the USAF.

The CIA is really "central" (hence the 'C' in their name). Most things they will be involved in. Its the CIA drones which kill terrorists in Pakistan, even though CIA are just an intelligence service- not a physical army. CIA even have their own paramilitary unit (cant remember it's name).
Original post by danny111
65 years ago.

He must have been at least 20 to be working at the agency and be entrusted with such a big deal.

Was the guy in the interview 85????????????????????????

At the time.....

If it was documentated, he only needs to be.... 20 to read the document from walking through the doors.

Lets be realistic, he could have read that document when he was 30.... whatever year that was.
I believe it happened.

Just think a hundred years ago we were flying planes made of metal and wood now we have planes that brake sound barriers and we can track a persons movement anywhere on the planet with GPG. Where did this technological jump come from?

Also the picture of the 'Alien' anyone wounder how human it looks?
Original post by ALazyThracian
I believe it happened.

Just think a hundred years ago we were flying planes made of metal and wood now we have planes that brake sound barriers and we can track a persons movement anywhere on the planet with GPG. Where did this technological jump come from?

Also the picture of the 'Alien' anyone wounder how human it looks?
If you want some serious jumps in science the best way to do so is the ensure you can weaponise your findings and hope their is a war on. The tech age, coincided with WW1 and 2 where money was not an issue it was a straight fight for survival, the Manhattan project as an example of what Government can help science achieve when there is a weaponised aim. This was then followed by the biggest arms race in human history between two superpowers. That's a good insight where it all came from.

As for the picture, don't you think that makes it less likely to be real. Civilisations separated by vast distances and they just so happen to look like something from a film.
Original post by perfectsymbology
Our PM reads the Daily Mail. Now that's a scary fact.
I doubt he reads it for information. The DM is the most popular paper in the UK, might be worth looking into what they are writing about him and his party in particular.
Reply 18
It will just be rubbish to make people believe in aliens. Do you think any sane person would divulge their top secret information to the general public? They'd be tracked down and killed for it.

Eat my words if there is a story of his disappearance in a couple of weeks lol.
Reply 19
Original post by billydisco
At the time.....

If it was documentated, he only needs to be.... 20 to read the document from walking through the doors.

Lets be realistic, he could have read that document when he was 30.... whatever year that was.

If he didn't even see it first hand then I definitely don't trust some attention seeking old man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending