The Student Room Group

Do universities look at AS results or A-Level predictions to make their deicision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lord Jon
AS grades sometimes put the A2 predictions into context when making an offer I think. EG: You get EEEE at AS and apply for medicine with predictions of A*A*A*A*......... It seems a bit :erm: .... unless there is a really good reason.

Yeh i get you.

I think if i were to get something like AABBB at AS, this is reasonable for a AAA prediction.
Reply 21
Or maybe BBBB at AS and AAA predictions would that be deemed reasonable?
Reply 22
What about BBC C in Chem? Is that reasonable if I can get a prediction of AAA?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alonso1795
What about BBC C in Chem? Is that reasonable if I can get a prediction of AAA?

No. You'll need to retake regardless of how you can hide your ASs with predicted grades (if you go to private school. If you go to state school, you will not be able to apply this year).

Do January retakes. You will need aaac minimum.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by whatif?
Or maybe BBBB at AS and AAA predictions would that be deemed reasonable?

To get AAA at A2 with bbb, you'll need high As/A*s in your A2s. I'd advise January retakes. If you go to state school you will not be able to apply this year; bbbb is too low. If you got to private school and can convince your teachers to predict you AAA, go for it. This is because private schools don't have to send unis AS grades; they can send predicted grades instead.

Reply 25
Original post by Emmymuppet
No. You'll need to retake regardless of how you can hide your ASs with predicted grades (if you go to private school. If you go to state school, you will not be able to apply this year).

Do January retakes. You will need aaac minimum.

Yes I know that I'll have to retake modules. My questions is, would I still have a chance of applying to medicine even though my current AS is BBC and I can get a prediction of AAA?
Original post by alonso1795
Yes I know that I'll have to retake modules. My questions is, would I still have a chance of applying to medicine even though my current AS is BBC and I can get a prediction of AAA?

If you go to private school and therefore don't have to declare your AS grades, yes. If you go to state school, you have to declare your AS grades on your application, so no.
Reply 27
where did u apply?
Reply 28
Original post by gina3706
hey, I got AABD, b in biology and d in chemistry, got predicted AAA (carried on both bio and chem) and have an offer, my advice is be vary careful with where you apply, some places have resit limits, some don't, some look at AS, some don't, just do very informed research and be prepared to work harder at A2, good luck :smile:

where did u apply??
Would it be reasonable to get an AAB-ABB prediction with BBC at AS?
Reply 30
You guys are replying to a 2 year old thread - info is out of date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending