The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophieeemegannn
Hello, I was just wondering as I have applied for the E&Y Degree at lancaster and they have sent me the online application form, but how do you complete the education part, as they ask for GPA instead of your grades?
Thank you :smile:

I remember it being slightly odd as on mine it just said "qualifications" or something but obviously I hadn't received my A-levels yet. So, I just put
"Predicted A-Levels:
Geography - A
Etc"
Reply 181
Anyone applied to Bath got an offer????
Reply 182
haven't heard from Bath, Exeter or Warwick yet, has anyone?? but got offers from leeds and sheffield...
Original post by sap181294
haven't heard from Bath, Exeter or Warwick yet, has anyone?? but got offers from leeds and sheffield...

I got an offer from Exeter on Tuesday last week. :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by sap181294

Yea. I haven't heard from Warwick either
Reply 185
For people who applied for Warwick, do you need grades of AAAB in As level? =/
Reply 186
I'm waiting for Warwick, so glad to hear I'm not alone! Got an offer from Bath about a week after applying, but I sent mine off quite quickly - they said at the open day that they'd do early applications quickly if they could. It might take a bit longer now, so I wouldn't worry if they're taking some time!

Original post by Gary
For people who applied for Warwick, do you need grades of AAAB in As level? =/

In the end you need at least AAA at A level, so it would probably be difficult to achieve that without AAA at AS, or without resitting some of the AS modules if you got a bit lower. The fourth AS grade B you only need I think for the AAAb offer. If you don't have that and aren't resitting they are likely to offer A*AA I think.:smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Meg95

In the end you need at least AAA at A level, so it would probably be difficult to achieve that without AAA at AS, or without resitting some of the AS modules if you got a bit lower. The fourth AS grade B you only need I think for the AAAb offer. If you don't have that and aren't resitting they are likely to offer A*AA I think.:smile:

wait... i got AAAC at AS level, the C being in chemistry, with predicted grades of AAA, so are you saying they are likely to give me an offer of A*AA?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by Gary
wait... i got AAAC at AS level, the C being in chemistry, with predicted grades of AAA, so are you saying they are likely to give me an offer of A*AA?

This is their typical course requirements:

A level:AAA + AS Level B or A*AA (with associated course‑specific conditions).

So unless you're retaking the AS to get a B,then I think you would need A*AA, if I'm reading it right. Whether they would offer without a predicted A*, only the university knows, but I've heard of people getting offers higher than their predicted grades.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 189
UCAS got sent today and applied to Kent, Sheffield, Robert Gordon and Portsmouth and going to add another university later depending on offers.
Original post by Hugo1995
UCAS got sent today and applied to Kent, Sheffield, Robert Gordon and Portsmouth and going to add another university later depending on offers.

Got an offer to Sheffield yesterday :smile: I also applied to Kent :tongue: who's your first choice?
Reply 191
Original post by Unfair Life
Got an offer to Sheffield yesterday :smile: I also applied to Kent :tongue: who's your first choice?

Congrats. Kent is my first choice at the moment, you?
Reply 192
Finally picked mine, I'm going for Surrey, Kent, Sheffield, Oxford Brookes and Bradford.

I'm unlikely to get Surrey but I thought I'd put it just in case I exceed my own expectations, I'm realistically aiming for Kent or Sheffield (although Kent is my first choice)

I've also got an interview in a couple of weeks for the KPMG scheme at Exeter, so technically I get a 6th choice since it's done outside of UCAS.
Hi guys... im new to this, has anyone had any offers/rejections from LSE for Accounting and Finance 2013?
I've had an offer from Bath (AAA or AAB with Welsh Bacc.), and have been invited to the PWC Reading Course assessment day on 12th December. I'm hopeful of an LSE offer as i've had no rejections yet... i guess no news is better than bad news!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hugo1995
Congrats. Kent is my first choice at the moment, you?

Surrey's my first choice and after that Kent and Sheffield, but I'd be happy with any of them three. :biggrin:

Original post by Henwin
Finally picked mine, I'm going for Surrey, Kent, Sheffield, Oxford Brookes and Bradford.

I'm unlikely to get Surrey but I thought I'd put it just in case I exceed my own expectations, I'm realistically aiming for Kent or Sheffield (although Kent is my first choice)

I've also got an interview in a couple of weeks for the KPMG scheme at Exeter, so technically I get a 6th choice since it's done outside of UCAS.

Your first four choices are exactly the same as mine :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Sent off my application today....... so nervous!!!
Original post by JackSamuel
Hi guys... im new to this, has anyone had any offers/rejections from LSE for Accounting and Finance 2013?
I've had an offer from Bath (AAA or AAB with Welsh Bacc.), and have been invited to the PWC Reading Course assessment day on 12th December. I'm hopeful of an LSE offer as i've had no rejections yet... i guess no news is better than bad news!

I sent my application to LSE today.....hopefully we can both get offers :wink:
Reply 197
Your first four choices are exactly the same as mine :tongue:

Wow, weird. What's your 5th? I'm not too sure about Bradford at all, maybe I'll change it.

What are your predicted grades?
Original post by Henwin
Wow, weird. What's your 5th? I'm not too sure about Bradford at all, maybe I'll change it.

What are your predicted grades?

Yeah it is :tongue: and Greenwich.

I'm actually doing a BTEC, so my predicted grades are done differently. Have you got any offers yet?
Reply 199
Yeah it is :tongue: and Greenwich.

I'm actually doing a BTEC, so my predicted grades are done differently. Have you got any offers yet?

I'll look there, although if I recall correctly I think I took it off the list for having too high entry requirements? I'll double check anyway.

I haven't sent it off yet, will be doing that Friday I hope. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending