The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by MrAli786
How much notice do they usually give?

About 5-10 days? Some less, some more?
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Wow thanks for this :biggrin: There doesn't seem to be very many dates this year compared to last year (although I'm not entirely sure) - do you know if they're interviewing fewer people?

No idea, I would imagine they would interview the same, but I simply do not know.
Original post by oz40
Thanks.

How long do Barts typically take to inform candidates whether they are successful following an interview?

Normally I would imagine they give 2 weeks notice, that's what I've seen so far :smile:

Original post by oli_G
Hey, i've heard that Barts give out all decisions post-interview on the same day? Is this true and if so when is this day? :smile:

They try to do it all within a short time, tends to be after all interviews are done, though not necessarily all on the same day.

See above.
Reply 1982
Original post by fns93
Well done! What was your ukcat? I wonder if the ukcat cut off is the same for school leavers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! My UKCAT was 742.5
Reply 1983
Original post by AspiringGenius
no (unfortunately :tongue: )

If only ...
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I have some info for you lot, here is a full list of the interview dates for the A100 course for this year:
22nd Jan
29th Jan
30th Jan
31st Jan
1st Feb
11th Feb
19th Feb
20th Feb
22nd Feb
26th Feb

Source: E-mail sent to current BL students

Made my tummy go funny just reading this. Kind of realised how much I want to go to Barts now. I really, really love everything I've seen and heard about it.

(plus, my mum approves. The first thing she said after we left the open day was "there are lots of lovely looking young men there")
(edited 11 years ago)
I have some info for you lot, here is a full list of the interview dates for the A100 course for this year:
22nd Jan
29th Jan
30th Jan
31st Jan
1st Feb
11th Feb
19th Feb
20th Feb
22nd Feb
26th Feb

oops accidentally neg repped you! Thanks for this
Reply 1986
Anyone know if the list of interview dates is open to additional dates? I heard interviews can go right into march sometimes?
Original post by Holz888
Made my tummy go funny just reading this. Kind of realised how much I want to go to Barts now. I really, really love everything I've seen and heard about it.

(plus, my mum approves. The first thing she said after we left the open day was "there are lots of lovely looking young men there")

That's the attitude I like to see!

Haha well I'm glad your mum has the right priorities :tongue:
See must have seen me walking around that day then :u:
Original post by master y
oops accidentally neg repped you! Thanks for this

Don't worry about it, I am a merciful God :tongue:
That's the attitude I like to see!

Haha well I'm glad your mum has the right priorities :tongue:
See must have seen me walking around that day then :u:

Someone's modest... :tongue:

And yes, she definitely has the right idea :biggrin:
Reply 1989
I guess they plan to interview around 80 people per day? Reasonable I guess. :smile:
Reply 1990

im an oversees student (from greece) and i was given a 2 months notice.. i received my letter invitation on the 11th of dec. perhaps it is different if u are a uk applicant
Oh my goodness, if they hope to interview everyone by those dates then they're ging to have to let us know soon. :redface:
Original post by Revent
By the way, check out my sig if you haven't already. Lots of stuff you may find helpful :smile:

Stupid technophobe question but how do I see your sig??:colondollar:
22nd Jan
29th Jan
30th Jan
31st Jan
1st Feb
11th Feb
19th Feb
20th Feb
22nd Feb
26th Feb

thank you!! this is so useful! I needed to change my date from the 22nd of Jan but I was worried they'd give me an earlier date!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AspiringGenius
Oh my goodness, if they hope to interview everyone by those dates then they're ging to have to let us know soon. :redface:

I think it's 2 weeks notice for whatever your interview date is. I imagine they'd keep it the same to make sure everyone has the same time to prepare.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
So if all offers post interview are released at the same time, does that mean we must wait until mid-march for offers, regardless of interview date? That wait will be torturous!
Reply 1996
Original post by Pellertheheller
Stupid technophobe question but how do I see your sig??:colondollar:

My first post on a page should have a blue arrow at the bottom right of my post. Click that. That should do the trick.
Just got an interview. A reapplicant with UCAS : 540 and UKCAT: 672.5. So happy. 29 January.
Original post by Thamesgbaski
Just got an interview. A reapplicant with UCAS : 540 and UKCAT: 672.5. So happy. 29 January.

Boom! Same! :biggrin: When is your interview and what group are you in? I'm in group G!

UCAS: 650 UKCAT: 690.
INTERVIEWWW!!! :')
Re-applicant: 580 ucas, 725 ukcat

29th jan, group G

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending