The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by yorkshire.lad
I've a 590 UCAS points tarriff

b at 4th AS
predicted A for EPQ
AAA for A-Level's and A in general studies full A-level.

I score 662.5 in the UKCAT. Would I be a competitive candidate, and likely to recieve an interview?

Yes most definitely!

Original post by prolapse
Ok. My tarrif is 540. With a UKCAT of 665. Would I be competitive enough?

The same to you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Was I correct in working out my UCAS tarrif?

Predicted Grades:

Biology - A (120)
Chemistry - A (120)
Physics - A (120)
General Studies - A (120 - Is this even counted)

4th AS level at B (50)

Predicted A in EPQ (60)

590 if someone could verify?
Reply 582
Was I correct in working out my UCAS tarrif?

Predicted Grades:

Biology - A (120)
Chemistry - A (120)
Physics - A (120)
General Studies - A (120 - Is this even counted)

4th AS level at B (50)

Predicted A in EPQ (60)

590 if someone could verify?

yes this is correct, everything counts :smile:
Ok thank you very much, I think I will replace Hull York with Barts. As it seems I would be more likely to receive an interview here. I can't believe the amount of people scoring 700+! One of my most intelligent friends at college "only" scores 680 lol
Reply 584
Ok thank you very much, I think I will replace Hull York with Barts. As it seems I would be more likely to receive an interview here. I can't believe the amount of people scoring 700+! One of my most intelligent friends at college "only" scores 680 lol

youve got a great chance :smile: bare in mind this is tsr... and some people will mistake it for the ukcat poll or the trolls are distorting the poll. the average ucas points are no where near 700 so dont worry :smile:
Original post by J1994D
youve got a great chance :smile: bare in mind this is tsr... and some people will mistake it for the ukcat poll or the trolls are distorting the poll. the average ucas points are no where near 700 so dont worry :smile:

Reassuring, Thank you, Where are you applying this year?
Reply 586
Reassuring, Thank you, Where are you applying this year?

your welcome :biggrin: exeter, barts, manchester and plymouth :smile: yourself?
Original post by J1994D
your welcome :biggrin: exeter, barts, manchester and plymouth :smile: yourself?

Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Barts

Quite a wide spread haha. What's your UCAS tarrif/ukcat if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 588
Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Barts

Quite a wide spread haha. What's your UCAS tarrif/ukcat if you dont mind me asking?

ucas 520 so risky, and a ukcat of 697.5 :biggrin:
Original post by J1994D
ucas 520 so risky, and a ukcat of 697.5 :biggrin:

Great UKCAT. I'm applying to Manchester with my 662.5 UKCAT, So I'm also taking a risk
Reply 590
Great UKCAT. I'm applying to Manchester with my 662.5 UKCAT, So I'm also taking a risk

thankyou :smile: yours is great also! last year i got 607 so alot happier this year! i think youll be safe for manchester, about 650ish was cut off last year i think? good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by J1994D
thankyou :smile: yours is great also! last year i got 607 so alot happier this year! i think youll be safe for manchester, about 650ish was cut off last year i think? good luck! :biggrin:

Yes hopefully! To be honest I think my first choice is Liverpool. Went to the open day yesterday, loved it. Everything about the uni was great. I take it you are a re applicant. Good luck getting in this year. Can't imagine the frustration you must have gone through. I pray I get in this year. Just going to completely try and smash my A-level's and prepare for interview as thoroughly as I can.
Reply 592
Yes hopefully! To be honest I think my first choice is Liverpool. Went to the open day yesterday, loved it. Everything about the uni was great. I take it you are a re applicant. Good luck getting in this year. Can't imagine the frustration you must have gone through. I pray I get in this year. Just going to completely try and smash my A-level's and prepare for interview as thoroughly as I can.

yeah reapplicant, i havent really thought about a 1st choice because i dont care where i go as long as i study medicine! more than 1 offer would be a dream! tbh my gap year has been the best thing to happen to me, my HCA job has taught me a lot and given me a lot of experience for medicine if i get in. yeah most important thing is getting the grades! if you got an offer but fail the grades that would be much much worse! i had 1 interview but rejected :/ good luck to you aswell!
Original post by J1994D
yeah reapplicant, i havent really thought about a 1st choice because i dont care where i go as long as i study medicine! more than 1 offer would be a dream! tbh my gap year has been the best thing to happen to me, my HCA job has taught me a lot and given me a lot of experience for medicine if i get in. yeah most important thing is getting the grades! if you got an offer but fail the grades that would be much much worse! i had 1 interview but rejected :/ good luck to you aswell!

Where did you apply last year if you don't mind me asking?
if for w.e reason we both get into and firm BL i hope I get to meet you Yorkshire Lad simply because im from Yorkshire to haha so it would be nice :biggrin:
Original post by raveen789
if for w.e reason we both get into and firm BL i hope I get to meet you Yorkshire Lad simply because im from Yorkshire to haha so it would be nice :biggrin:

Haha where abouts? - Hopefully we both will get interviews atleast.
Reply 596
Not sure if there is a thread for this - is anyone else applying to Barts A100 course as a graduate for 2013 entry? If so, what are your UKCAT scores? Cheers!
Reply 597
Where did you apply last year if you don't mind me asking?

Keele(interviewed but rejected, and this was my dream med school :'( ) haha and Leicester, soton and Brighton :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Haha where abouts? - Hopefully we both will get interviews atleast.

Doncaster :smile:
Original post by raveen789
Doncaster :smile:

Huddersfield. West YORKSHIRE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending