The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Ninewells Accomodation for Nursing students (Dundee Uni)

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone else is staying in Ninewells hospital accomodation for the first year studying adult nursing at Dundee Uni?
I got a conditional offer a while ago and started looking at the halls but they were wayyy to expensive so I've managed to get a place at Ninewells, anyone else staying there let me know? :-) x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alexandra93
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone else is staying in Ninewells hospital accomodation for the first year studying adult nursing at Dundee Uni?
I got a conditional offer a while ago and started looking at the halls but they were wayyy to expensive so I've managed to get a place at Ninewells, anyone else staying there let me know? :-) x

How expensive are the halls and how expensive is Ninewells? I am not attending, I'm just intrigued as to how vast the difference is. :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hi!

How expensive are the halls and how expensive is Ninewells? I am not attending, I'm just intrigued as to how vast the difference is. :smile:
Reply 3
Hi!

Hey, I will be. However have you heard back from them about rooms etc?
Reply 4
hey I will be staying at this accomidation too as halls are far too expensive! I'm on child nursing course starting in September and I don't know anyone in Dundee at all or how to get around so this shall be an exciting experiance:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by glelin96

Hi, I think the halls I looked at are around £4000 a year and Ninewells is only about £1500. So a big difference!
Reply 6
Original post by coley_
Hey, I will be. However have you heard back from them about rooms etc?

Hi, I emailed Wendy a while ago to confirm my room and she said that we should all be getting letters in July, however I still haven't recieved one so I think if I havent got one by August I'll email her again. Have you heard back yet? :-) x
Reply 7
Original post by fareeha2012
hey I will be staying at this accomidation too as halls are far too expensive! I'm on child nursing course starting in September and I don't know anyone in Dundee at all or how to get around so this shall be an exciting experiance:smile:

Hey! Yes they are wayy too expensive! I am completley new to Dundee as well, I am really looking forward to it, I am studying adult nursing in sept as well. :-) x
Reply 8
Hi, I think the halls I looked at are around £4000 a year and Ninewells is only about £1500. So a big difference!

Daamn, do I have to study Nursing to be able to live there?
Hey! Yes they are wayy too expensive! I am completley new to Dundee as well, I am really looking forward to it, I am studying adult nursing in sept as well. :-) x

:frown: I only study 15 miles away from you and I would kill for halls that were only £4000 a year, goddamn St Andrews...

I know right and plus we can stay there for how long we want too:smile: I hope your in my flat though hahah:smile: x
Reply 11

Original post by THESHade
Daamn, do I have to study Nursing to be able to live there?

I don't think so, I am sure when I asked about living there, I was told anyone who is studying a medical/NHS related degree can apply to stay there. :-) x
Reply 12
Original post by Bella_trixxx
:frown: I only study 15 miles away from you and I would kill for halls that were only £4000 a year, goddamn St Andrews...

Haha, I take it St Andrews are expensive!? If you're doing a medical degree theres usually NHS accomodation. You should look into it :-)
Reply 13
Original post by fareeha2012
I know right and plus we can stay there for how long we want too:smile: I hope your in my flat though hahah:smile: x

Yeah! Its great, because it would be annoying having to go into halls as there only 38 weeks stay, where as our course is 45 weeks. I hope your in my flat too! :-) x
Reply 14
Hi, I emailed Wendy a while ago to confirm my room and she said that we should all be getting letters in July, however I still haven't recieved one so I think if I havent got one by August I'll email her again. Have you heard back yet? :-) x

Yeah, I did that too. I'll email her if I don't hear back in a week or so! I'm just glad to hear there's other first year nursing students going into Ninewells!
Reply 15
Original post by coley_
Yeah, I did that too. I'll email her if I don't hear back in a week or so! I'm just glad to hear there's other first year nursing students going into Ninewells!

Hey! yeah me too! But I think theres a lot of first years going into Ninewells because the halls are so expensive :smile: x
Reply 16
im going doing mental health nursing and staying in ninewells :smile:
Reply 17

I have received my letter from Wendy already because she faxed it through because I live abroad, it doesn't say anything about rooms or flats it just tells you how much it is and details about paying before we start. So I imagine we won't find out where we are staying until we get there.
Reply 18
hiya, im going up today to view and pay the accommodation, so excited to see it!
Reply 19
Original post by K-bi
hiya, im going up today to view and pay the accommodation, so excited to see it!

How was it? Also, are the beds single or double and are there any essentials that need bringing?

Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending