The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

BSc Management @ LSE

hi there.
would really like to find out a bit more information about the management course at LSE, since i've been given an offer, and i feel a personal viewpoint would shed a bit more light onto what to expect in october.

so if you're currently studying on the course please reply !!!

also, if you've been given an offer; what was your offer and what AS grades did you get etc...

cheers
dan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Check the stickied thread at the top of this board to see who else have been awarded an offer like you.

Congratulations! :beer:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi dan B!

I got an offer for mgmt sci. It is also a mixed course like mgmt.+
How do you feel about it?
Reply 3
Well im def. looking 4ward 2 it.
but it does seem v. different 2 a lot of other management courses, i'd have called it management and economics almost, looking at the course content.
but hopefuly should be a **** hot, interesting course.

what r your feelings about your course?

dan
Reply 4
Hopefully I'll be doing this course in October this year. To be completely honest, I haven't really looked at the course details yet... :redface: Do you know if there's much maths in it?
Reply 5
is it very different between Mgmt and mgnt science? i suppose the science one is more practical in term of market research am I right? i mean kind of quantitative methods?
Reply 6
I'm a 2nd year Management Bsc (LSE) student - so the quick and dirty...

It is more quantitative than any other course by the same name - the second year is where it gets quite interesting

We did actually try and get the name changed to Managerial economies or Management and Economics but hit some roadblocks with the economics department as we don't do quite enough economic theory over the 3 years.

The economics is more focussed on game theory and the micro side in the second year, rather than the macro side. (much more useful stuff)

Also the stats get pretty unpleasant
Reply 7

What do you mean by that? Do you think its easy finding a job with the Mang. Bsc or have you a disadvantage against the Economics Bachelors??
benwiggy
I'm a 2nd year Management Bsc (LSE) student - so the quick and dirty...

It is more quantitative than any other course by the same name - the second year is where it gets quite interesting

We did actually try and get the name changed to Managerial economies or Management and Economics but hit some roadblocks with the economics department as we don't do quite enough economic theory over the 3 years.

The economics is more focussed on game theory and the micro side in the second year, rather than the macro side. (much more useful stuff)

This would have been so amazing. Any chance of there being another proposal? Surely if you choose to do economics modules as your choice then it would have enough economic theory?
Reply 9
TylerDurden
This would have been so amazing. Any chance of there being another proposal? Surely if you choose to do economics modules as your choice then it would have enough economic theory?

It's odd because there are courses which do less econ and yet are called "XYZ and econ"... not a major point though - just put your modules on your cv.
benwiggy
It's odd because there are courses which do less econ and yet are called "XYZ and econ"... not a major point though - just put your modules on your cv.

Your modules may involve econ, but they are not actually econ modules, in the sense that they are not taught by the economics department. To the best of my knowledge, you can complete a BSc Management with only studying one econ module, which is EC102.
Reply 11
unsung_hero
Your modules may involve econ, but they are not actually econ modules, in the sense that they are not taught by the economics department. To the best of my knowledge, you can complete a BSc Management with only studying one econ module, which is EC102.

That's true
Reply 12
Really looking forward to next year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Reply 13
Krebs
Really looking forward to next year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gratz! Might I ask what your grades were like?
Reply 14
icyescape
Gratz! Might I ask what your grades were like?

3A* 6As (GCSE)

3A's predicted.
Where is my offer!
Reply 16
Does any one want to exchange PSs? PM me. I'm interested in seeing those of offer holders. :smile::biggrin: :p: :rolleyes:
Reply 17
icyescape
Does any one want to exchange PSs? PM me. I'm interested in seeing those of offer holders. :smile::biggrin: :p: :rolleyes:

Wow, your Bath offer is horrific. It's business administration, not something insanely difficult.

But yeah, I'll send you my PS if you want.
Reply 18
Krebs
Wow, your Bath offer is horrific. It's business administration, not something insanely difficult.

But yeah, I'll send you my PS if you want.

Yeah I know. I didn't understand why they did that either. Ugh whatever, not going to firm it.

Also send me your PS whenever you can! Thank you!
Reply 19
icyescape
Yeah I know. I didn't understand why they did that either. Ugh whatever, not going to firm it.

Also send me your PS whenever you can! Thank you!

I heard that the course was really good though. My friend earns a lot after it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending