Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Official University of Warwick 2012 "I Got In" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by maylor
It had to be pointed out to me as well!

Maybe when we eventually get welcome packs it will tell us to do it?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Course: Economics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*A*A

Accommodation choices: Jack Martin, Rootes...

Societies/sports: Rugby, Chess, Fifa

Reaction (how you feel now): Excited but panicking because I have yet to hear anything from Warwick; for example, a welcome pack or something similar!
Reply 62
Original post by hannah.austin
If you have Facebook, join this group to meet other DM students :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarwickDM/

thank you! someone else told me about this, so I've requested to join, thank you so much though :smile:
Reply 63

Course: Physics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AABB

Accommodation choices: Jack Martin, Sherbourne, Rootes

Societies/sports: Sff - AirSoc - Assassins' Guild - Japan Society
Climbing - Skydiving - Warwick SNOW

(I hope I'll find time to participate in all of them)

Reaction : Extremely excited and impatient (can't wait to start! :biggrin:)

Congratulation to everybody
:tongue:

***Skier looking for potential challengers, bring it on SNOW society:wink:***
Reply 64
Congratulations to everyone who got into Warwick! You are all now about to study at an internationally respected university, and destined for greatness. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you the society MyMillions Investment, a virtual trading game. Join for a great learning and social experience and a great addition to your CV. Check out the Warwick Society website for more details!

Congratulations again!

Daniel Cheng

External Relations Officer for MyMillions
Reply 65
Course: BA Politics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AAc

Accommodation choices: Bluebell

Societies/sports: scuba diving, debating society, labour club, skydiving

Reaction: Got in through Adjustment so AHHHHHHHHHHHH :biggrin:
Original post by JohnBrady
Course: BA Politics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AAc

Accommodation choices: Bluebell

Societies/sports: scuba diving, debating society, labour club, skydiving

Reaction: Got in through Adjustment so AHHHHHHHHHHHH :biggrin:

No way?! I got in through adjustment too! What was your original firm?
Reply 67
Original post by TheSelfAcknowleged
No way?! I got in through adjustment too! What was your original firm?

Newcastle at ABB :tongue: what about you?
Newcastle at ABB :tongue: what about you?

York AAB :tongue:
Little difference I guess but I prefered the course.
Reply 69
York AAB :tongue:
Little difference I guess but I prefered the course.

Awesome, I think they only had a couple of places left but I get the impression they created more. What grades did you get in the end? :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by canary93
John, have you joined the Facebook group? :smile: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/457839020913398/

The link didn't work for me unfortunately :/
Reply 71
Original post by Focus08

Im so happy !
Reply 72
Original post by bonana567
Course: Economics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*A*A

Accommodation choices: Jack Martin, Rootes...

Societies/sports: Rugby, Chess, Fifa

Reaction (how you feel now): Excited but panicking because I have yet to hear anything from Warwick; for example, a welcome pack or something similar!

What position/level?
Reply 73
Course: Classical Civilisation

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): ABBB

Accommodation choices: Rootes and others I can't remember

Societies/sports: Haven't checked these out yet

Reaction (how you feel now): Pretty good I s'pose.
Awesome, I think they only had a couple of places left but I get the impression they created more. What grades did you get in the end? :biggrin:

A*A*A :biggrin:
I was told they had like 4 places left
Reply 75
A*A*A :biggrin:
I was told they had like 4 places left

Cool, congrats! The Labour club looks pretty good at Warwick. Have you been involved in Young Labour at all before?
Reply 76
Course: Theatre and Performance Studies (yet to see anyone on this thread doing the same!)

Grades, A levels/IB (optional):A*A*A*A

Accommodation choices: Desperately hoping for Cryfield, it's the only one I can afford! (Again, have seen very few people with this as their first choice, :s-smilie:)

Societies/sports: Any (and many) drama societies, Shakespeare society, Warwick Glee, hopefully there's a badminton club. I don't know if I dare join the poker club, but I want to!

Reaction (how you feel now): Ecstatic! I don't want to wait another month to start!
Course: Discrete Mathematics

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AB

Accommodation choices: Bluebell was my first choice I think, can't remember the others!

Societies/sports: Fifa, 5-a-side football, Assassin' Guild looks good

Reaction (how you feel now): :biggrin: Still shocked that I managed to get in to Warwick
Cool, congrats! The Labour club looks pretty good at Warwick. Have you been involved in Young Labour at all before?

I don't really follow party politics in precise detail; I'm more into political philosophy. I am centre-right politically, so I'm a bit of a red Tory, or blue Labour supporter if you get what I mean.

I'm quite self-contained when it comes to politics; I think if you're going to do something, you have to do it really well. Sometimes I feel overcome by the stress of political philosophy: why is inequality fair? Yet at other times, I feel totally opposed to the idea of distributive justice.

What political society do you believe I should consider joining, based on my philosophical ambivalence?
Reply 79
I don't really follow party politics in precise detail; I'm more into political philosophy. I am centre-right politically, so I'm a bit of a red Tory, or blue Labour supporter if you get what I mean.

I'm quite self-contained when it comes to politics; I think if you're going to do something, you have to do it really well. Sometimes I feel overcome by the stress of political philosophy: why is inequality fair? Yet at other times, I feel totally opposed to the idea of distributive justice.

What political society do you believe I should consider joining, based on my philosophical ambivalence?

I'd still suggest that you give the Labour club a go. I attended the youth conference last year, and there's a massive range of differences in opinion on ideologies and philosophy. I can remember that there was one guy who actually supported the Republican party and believed strongly in private education, all the way down to a sizeable (and very vocal) communist faction, so it's a wide church in that respect. Merely joining a club doesn't necessarily infer anything, I believe Ed Balls joined the Conservative association in Oxford just for the speakers. I would've said the Lib Dem club, but I imagine its relatively small, especially now.

There are also from what I gather just normal debating societies which I'd imagine debate that kind of stuff and of course then there's the politics society which will be good to meet like minded people anyway

Quick Reply

Latest