The Student Room Group

is it worth a remark??

hi,
I got my AS results today; ABBD, and one of those B's is in history.
The boundary for an A was 50. In one of the exams I got 51 in the other 48.
Do you think it is worth getting the 48 remarked as my overall grade will go up to an A should the mark go up by 2.

If yes, am I priority or non priority for remarking?
(Also is it still possible for me to get an A next year since i have such a high B)

thank you for helping :smile:
Any remarks for AS are non-priority since you don't have a uni place waiting on the result. If you have the money, you can go for a remark, but if you're only a short way off then you can pull your overall UMS up next year with good A2 modular results anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Any remarks for AS are non-priority since you don't have a uni place waiting on the result. If you have the money, you can go for a remark, but if you're only a short way off then you can pull your overall UMS up next year with good A2 modular results anyway.

As an AS student, can you request a priority remark? Because I just got one off my exams officer and she charged me the price for it and everything knowing I was an AS student?
Reply 3
Original post by sephy123
hi,
I got my AS results today; ABBD, and one of those B's is in history.
The boundary for an A was 50. In one of the exams I got 51 in the other 48.
Do you think it is worth getting the 48 remarked as my overall grade will go up to an A should the mark go up by 2.

If yes, am I priority or non priority for remarking?
(Also is it still possible for me to get an A next year since i have such a high B)

thank you for helping :smile:

Of course its still possible to get an A and the way the system works,someone with an A needs the same UMS as you to get an A*.
Original post by Xiomara
As an AS student, can you request a priority remark? Because I just got one off my exams officer and she charged me the price for it and everything knowing I was an AS student?

I'm not aware that you can, though you can get a standard remark which takes a little longer. It might be worth speaking to your exam officer.
Reply 5
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I'm not aware that you can, though you can get a standard remark which takes a little longer. It might be worth speaking to your exam officer.

OK, I'll look into it! Thanks.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5570

Quick Reply

Latest