The Student Room Group

Your ONE essential item to take to uni...

It's pretty easy to get carried away when you're packing for uni: suddenly random objects at the bottom of long-forgotten drawers become *absolutely essential*.

But out of everything you'll be taking to uni - what is your one genuine must-have? The irreplaceable item that, if you left it behind, you'd have to get the next train back to collect?

Let me know below. I'm going to write this up as a TSR front-page feature and will be using the best ones in that. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A sense of humour, an open mind and a willingness to take risks and enjoy yourself:smile:
A golden piece advice given to me after uni, but for me is probably the best is something to wedge your door open.

Even better, use a crate of beers as a door stop so that people can come chat and have a drink. First impressions...key!
Reply 3
This is going to sound ridiculous but if I forgot my favourite teddy (I think I've only spent something like 2 weeks worth of nights without it in my room since I was six months old), I'd ask my parents to turn the car around so I could get it :tongue:
Reply 4
Moar Bacon strips
Reply 5
My camera.

It's not a particularly special one, but it will capture moments that ignite memories when I may otherwise have forgotten them, it makes me see/look for the beautiful and the interesting in the world, gives me a sense of perspective (:colondollar:) and a desire for adventure.

That sounds rather mawkish, but whatever.
A clock for 9AM lectures.
Original post by madders94
This is going to sound ridiculous but if I forgot my favourite teddy (I think I've only spent something like 2 weeks worth of nights without it in my room since I was six months old), I'd ask my parents to turn the car around so I could get it :tongue:

Same for me!
Reply 8
Original post by shooks
It's pretty easy to get carried away when you're packing for uni: suddenly random objects at the bottom of long-forgotten drawers become *absolutely essential*.

But out of everything you'll be taking to uni - what is your one genuine must-have? The irreplaceable item that, if you left it behind, you'd have to get the next train back to collect?

Let me know below. I'm going to write this up as a TSR front-page feature and will be using the best ones in that. :smile:

Debit card.
Reply 9
Mobile Phone. It's my alarm clock/clock/email/Internet browsing/music all in one :biggrin:
Starcraft.
My computer :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Fenrirs_space
My computer :tongue:

Ditto. I think I'd die without mine.
Reply 13
My Xbox. But I'm not likely to forget that.
pen

so when someone approaches me i can jab them
This is going to sound ridiculous but I have a Mr. Spock mug that I'm stupidly attached to. At first, I'd decided not to take it because I was worried it would get broken in the shared kitchen, but I just couldn't leave it, as I drink everything from that mug and I'm quite proud to have it. I debated over letting my flatmates see it, but I really needed a drink, so I took it into the kitchen, only to come face to face with my newest flatmate. He took one look at the mug and relaxed :biggrin: Turns out, he was a nerd just like me!

But yeah, when I went home from uni to visit family, the mug followed me. And then it came back with me on return. That mug is just too important!
Reply 16
Sounds stupid... but my journal/diary.
Could not function without it.
I've got my sandwich toaster ready to take with me, so that's half of my meals sorted :colone:
Reply 18
Original post by Normandy114
I've got my sandwich toaster ready to take with me, so that's half of my meals sorted :colone:

Might as well get yourself a female too. Great sandwich makers. :redface: :tongue:
George Foreman...couldnt live without it in uni!

...and a 5kg pack of bacon from Makro at the start of term! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending