The Student Room Group

How good is exeter for Mathematics and overall in the UK????

I'm planning to apply after my gap year, i have BBC, and i'm doing resits so hopefully i'll get in.
They require high grades (A*AA-AAB)

I studied part maths in my first year at Exeter. The block is a bit dated but the teaching is very good! They have a strong research background which puts Exeter up in the ranks but not sure compared to elsewhere as slightly biased x
Reply 2
Original post by GooglyEyedMonster
They require high grades (A*AA-AAB)
x

I want to know what their typical offer would be.
I'm predicted A*AB or A*BB, got ACC in AS, maths, bio, chem respectively. Doing retakes so it should go up this year.

Opinions?
No harm in applying. I don't think you can whittle down the grade range anymore than it is as it is 'Typical offers in the range of A*AA to AAB'.

With predicted grades of A*BB then they may make an offer but it depends of the calibre of applicants they get and the percentages of which offers they need to give etc. Its all very complicated so no-one can say either way.

I would also find out what your predicted grades are as they shouldn't give you 2 possibilities and won't input both sets on UCAS so its good to find out what the Uni's will actually be seeing on your application.

When I did UCAS I was advised to choose 2 high, 2 mid and one low/safety. I would say with your predicted grades Exeter would be a high choice, but there is no harm in aiming high :smile:

It was my high option based on my predicted grades of ABB (No A* in my day), was offered AAB but I got AAA so I got in for my course.

Quick Reply

Latest